Hockey Ultimate Team: NHL 17 HUT Thread III

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
bad teams are favoured? That may just be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard

No it doesn't, it makes smart business sense. It keeps people invested that aren't very good to the mode. More people playing it = more opportunity to sell cards. It also means the people with the super stacked teams that are buying a lot think they need to get even better cards to win more, so they buy more.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
HUT and cheating POS players

This game is so ****ing dumb... I'm playing HUT. Playing vs an ****ing allstar-team.

He's got players such as: crosby, tavares; malkin, tarasenko, datsyuk, karlsson, Keith, burns, p.kane, bergeron, toews, Quick and so on...

0-0 after the 1st period.

I score one goal early in the 2nd period. Then i score 2 goals within 1 minute of each other. There's like 5 minutes left of the 2nd period and he loops the game.

On top of the game not counting (i would've won the division 2 title) like 7 of my players contracts expires... not only does he cheat me out of a win. I got to buy contracts now for a game that didn't "happen".

This game is broken.

How do i counter this?

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Not much you can do but not play in. That's the nature of this mode, most times these all star squads are created by this. People loop when they know they're out of the game and gain the lead by glitching the system.

EA needs to implement some sort of ban system for this ****. It's the same crap year after year. You have an instant replay where you can save replays, why not implement a report player.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Not much you can do but not play in. That's the nature of this mode, most times these all star squads are created by this. People loop when they know they're out of the game and gain the lead by glitching the system.

EA needs to implement some sort of ban system for this ****. It's the same crap year after year. You have an instant replay where you can save replays, why not implement a report player.

Yeah true. It's dumb...

Oh well.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
He basically took 2 billion penalties, faceoff in his own zone. Spammed "pull goalie" so much that the game started to loop and lose connection.

Thus it didn't count.

What a ****** thing to do. Some people eh. Well atleast you are a better player than him, what a noob.
I have played around 200 hut games and this only happend once, but it didnt lose connection so I thought he was just an idiot.

They also need to take away the ability to see goalies records before the games. Sometimes (mostly when playing seasons), I have to start a game like 5 times before someone plays, and my goalies dont have that extremely good stats either.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
Don't press anything when cutscenes/intermissions/pauses happen and you'll end up with a win if you have the lead. And just try to keep the puck as long as possible to run out time. I just skate up and down the ice. It's tedious, but that's how you beat a ****bag that tries the garbage "loop" glitch.

How they haven't fixed that garbage is beyond me.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
What a ****** thing to do. Some people eh. Well atleast you are a better player than him, what a noob.
I have played around 200 hut games and this only happend once, but it didnt lose connection so I thought he was just an idiot.

They also need to take away the ability to see goalies records before the games. Sometimes (mostly when playing seasons), I have to start a game like 5 times before someone plays, and my goalies dont have that extremely good stats either.

Yeah..

Haha true. It's hilarious sometimes when you see a team filled with Heroes (legendary players) and they have like an 70 ovr starting goalie with a bad record. Then in the intermission they change that goalie to Patrick Roy or whatever haha.

I got an 89 ovr Frederik Andersen. He's like 44-14-0, 1.8 GAA, .88%.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Don't press anything when cutscenes/intermissions/pauses happen and you'll end up with a win if you have the lead. And just try to keep the puck as long as possible to run out time. I just skate up and down the ice. It's tedious, but that's how you beat a ****bag that tries the garbage "loop" glitch.

Alright, yeah i figured as much. Haven't experienced it so just pressed X on everything haha.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

Hmm, so is this the reason you sometimes play annoying ass people who never press the A button?

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
This game is so ****ing dumb... I'm playing HUT. Playing vs an ****ing allstar-team.

He's got players such as: crosby, tavares; malkin, tarasenko, datsyuk, karlsson, Keith, burns, p.kane, bergeron, toews, Quick and so on...

0-0 after the 1st period.

I score one goal early in the 2nd period. Then i score 2 goals within 1 minute of each other. There's like 5 minutes left of the 2nd period and he loops the game.

On top of the game not counting (i would've won the division 2 title) like 7 of my players contracts expires... not only does he cheat me out of a win. I got to buy contracts now for a game that didn't "happen".

This game is broken.

How do i counter this?

Yeah this is commonly referred to as "desyncing" in the community. I seem to recall that it served a purpose at one point, but has since been exploited, especially in NHL 17.

If your opponent begins to spam pull his goaltender, as mentioned above, your best bet is to not skip any replays. From my experience, it is also key to try to rag the puck as much as possible so that your opponent a) cannot take a penalty, and b) cannot shoot the puck out of play.

I am honestly really surprised that they did not address this all year. It was an issue (to a lesser degree) in NHL 16, and has been a big problem for many this year. There are "players to avoid" resources that you can find also, which help me out quite a bit - whenever I match up against someone, I search for their TN and PSN on the list, and I have only been subject to such exploits once this year (before I started doing this).

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
Goalies in HUT are much worse than those you face in EASHL, even though they might be rated 99.

Why is this?

Btw.

I have NINE conteacts that has ended and only two contract renewals (bronze). On top of this, only like 250 bucks.

Guess HUT is over for me.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Goalies in HUT are much worse than those you face in EASHL, even though they might be rated 99.

Why is this?

Btw.

I have NINE conteacts that has ended and only two contract renewals (bronze). On top of this, only like 250 bucks.

I have no idea, I think that it is just EAs way of adding scoring which is deemed to be more exciting in game play to most. I cannot remember the last time I saw a goaltender that didn't have a sub-85 SV% in HUT, which is kind of absurd.

If you are on PS4, I can hook you up with some coins/contracts to keep you going if you still want to play. :)

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012

Why is this?

Btw.

I don't think goalies are worse, just that shooters are better in HUT. In EASHL whatever player class you choose you're like a 65 overall version of that player class. Even the sniper probably only has 82-85 shooting accuracy. I'd wager almost everyone on your team and your opponent's team shoot much better than that. As far as I can tell goalies make absolutely no difference. They all play equally bad. I'm not convinced overall even matters with goalies.

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I have no idea, I think that it is just EAs way of adding scoring which is deemed to be more exciting in game play to most. I cannot remember the last time I saw a goaltender that didn't have a sub-85 SV% in HUT, which is kind of absurd.

If you are on PS4, I can hook you up with some coins/contracts to keep you going if you still want to play. :)

Played two games yesterday (with 7 usual roster players sidelined due to contracrs) against two guys with absolutely stacked teams - and I'm in the second worst division. My goalie is Howard and they scored from the blue line at will, no screens or anything, just bombs which Howard let in one after another.

save percentage of a whopping 76% in the first, 71% in the second.

If you could hook me up, I would appreciate it. What is your gamer tag?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
In competitive seasons the top 3 ranked players have 0 games completed. They have the opponent quit in first 2min every game.

Anyone know whats up?

Also for those having issues getting good players, all my best players were gifts from EA (Christmas 95 Richards, a 92 Koivu, 94 Draisaitl for some reason, 90 Neal). Also the competitive seasons give you nice packs and I got a lot of players and pucks from them. The legends like Bucyk, Roy, Gilmour, and Clark are fairly cheap too if you do a little scouting. By no means I'm super stacked but I can tell the difference.

I don't know how people got stacked lineups before but competitive seasons made it ridiculously easy for me.

Note: I am not good at this game, lose more than I win.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
In competitive seasons the top 3 ranked players have 0 games completed. They have the opponent quit in first 2min every game.

Anyone know whats up?

IP booting/DDoS. Unlike desyncing, there is virtually nothing EA can do about this other than to ban the accounts as it isn't a game play exploit.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo

Anyone know whats up?

Also for those having issues getting good players, all my best players were gifts from EA (Christmas 95 Richards, a 92 Koivu, 94 Draisaitl for some reason, 90 Neal). Also the competitive seasons give you nice packs and I got a lot of players and pucks from them. The legends like Bucyk, Roy, Gilmour, and Clark are fairly cheap too if you do a little scouting. By no means I'm super stacked but I can tell the difference.

I don't know how people got stacked lineups before but competitive seasons made it ridiculously easy for me.

Note: I am not good at this game, lose more than I win.

I spent a few bucks early on because I started late and got nothing really, a Mov Byfuglien I sold for like 190k. After that I just started really selling jerseys and slowly buying collectibles when I had extra coins. I did a bunch of team sets and when the master sets were released I bought up a bunch of 90+ packs that I turned into coins. I just looked for steals between games and got lucky with timing a few buys before upgrades and my team currently looks like this https://hutdb.net/17/builder/768868 . The game really gives you everything you need, and a bunch of free good players over the year that really helps.

Also the idea that stacked teams got it easy is crazy. Since I built this squad I've had more trouble with teams of low rated cards in seasons then I have with the really stacked teams in competitive seasons. Any time I play a quick sell team my guys forget how to play and will just stop and stare at loose pucks. So if you get discouraged by seeing a stacked team just remember they are probably more worried about you then you are of them. People may deny ice tilt exists, but there's something noticeable that happens to teams when there's a big disparity in overalls. It doesn't make it impossible to overcome, but there's something to it, otherwise my 99 overall McDavid would actually win races to the puck against Chars, and Burns would be able to knock Hertl off the puck with a full body check and pin to the boards, but it rarely happens like it's supposed to.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Why is this?

Btw.

No Daily bonuses?

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City

False. I just had this happen to me on PS4 for the first time in hundreds of games played. I had read this thread before so I knew what was happening. Went up 2-0 quick because the guy was super aggressive and kept giving up breakaways. I skated the puck behind my own net one time, not to rag the puck but to draw him in for another breakaway (it worked) and I get a message "play like a *****, I treat you like one." Next thing you know I see the goalie pull notification start flashing like crazy in the top right after every stoppage. I didn't hit any buttons and got through like maybe one or two stoppages but at the third one the game disconnected and I didn't get the win.

Of course I googled the guy after the game and there are like 5 reddit threads dedicated just to him doing this to people but somehow he's not on EA's "players to avoid list." LOL.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Hmm, so is this the reason you sometimes play annoying ass people who never press the A button?

Two completely separate things. People only use this as a desync defense when they see the other guy pulling his goalie repeatedly. Most of the time it's just people being ridiculous.

I wish they would just create some sort of "pro" mode for online that lets one person override all the stoppages.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I got into NHL 17 late (in May) when it was available for $13. Anyone want to donate me some HUT players, so I can ice a decent squad?

My top players are Barkov, Eichel, Draisaitl and Faulk, but no specialty cards and my best goalie is Niemi.

PS4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad