GDT: NHL 100: Montreal Canadiens vs Ottawa Senators 7:00pm EST SN (HD), TVA (HD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Glad Dong kept the "classic" out of the NHL 100 title for this game.

This is the situation for both teams:

Both out of a playoff spot
Both in the bottom 5 in the NHL for offense
Both teams fans think their team plays a boring style
Both organizations may trade their captains
Both probably need new GMs
Probably new owners as well.

Classic this game ain't.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'd take DLR ahead of Fraise, but the fourth line has been so dominant that you might not want to touch it.
Yeah spot on. I still dont see what CJ see in Froese but if he's clicking with Deslauriers and Carr right now I wouldnt change it. But when Lehkonen's back, we'll have to shuffle the deck... too many wingers, not enough centre.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah spot on. I still dont see what CJ see in Froese but if he's clicking with Deslauriers and Carr right now I wouldnt change it. But when Lehkonen's back, we'll have to shuffle the deck... too many wingers, not enough centre.
My concern is Carr sits once Lehkonen comes back

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Glad Dong kept the "classic" out of the NHL 100 title for this game.

This is the situation for both teams:

Both out of a playoff spot
Both in the bottom 5 in the NHL for offense
Both teams fans think their team plays a boring style
Both organizations may trade their captains
Both probably need new GMs
Probably new owners as well.

Classic this game ain't.

I'd give anything to trade Habs captain for Sens captain.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If you write danault's line 2nd and drouin's line first, nobody bats an eye.

The wingers have been bouncing around all year, so Danault is as much the first line center today as he was before today.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I like that Morrow has contributed in some way as a depth defenseman. But I think Jerabek is just better, despite not having that much NHL experience. I REALLY want Jerabek to become a staple for the Habs defense.

Reactions: King In Glory

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If you write danault's line 2nd and drouin's line first, nobody bats an eye.

The wingers have been bouncing around all year, so Danault is as much the first line center today as he was before today.

Exactly. Some are upset because of the way it's written. That doesn't mean anything. As I pointed out in an earlier post, Drouin's line with Galchenyuk and Shaw had more ice time than Danault's line. But even in last game's GDT, it was Danault's line that was written as the 1st.

Jul 1, 2014
Canada
Two teams that really need the win, outside, nice setup for an interesting game to watch. Let's go Max, simonac, give us more, pushhhhh and score a couple tonight.
Let's go boys, let's get this one!

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Don't wear us bad luck jersey okay, this is the only thing to say in a game like that. The zero in their jersey must prove his value.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I really, really hope not. I am so ready to trade Pacioretty and have my wingers be Galchenyuk/Drouin, Lehkonen, Gallagher, Shaw, Byron, Hudon, Deslauriers, and Carr.
He deserves to play every game but I have no faith in Clode making the right call. How can Jerabek sit? Illogical

Reactions: King In Glory

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He deserves to play every game but I have no faith in Clode making the right call. How can Jerabek sit? Illogical

I wouldn't go as far as say it's illogical. I personally agree with you that Jerabek should play before Morrow. It's my preference, as well. However, Morrow has done well with the limited role they've given him. Nothing earth shattering, but he's scored some timely goals and has assisted a few. So I can see the logic in the decision. I'm just not in favor of it.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Goodie, the game is on TVA, another night of exquisite play by play. Guess it’s english hockey for me tonight

dm1371

May 29, 2010
Chicoutimi, QC
I think at this point I'd do:

Hudon - Danault - Drouin
Byron - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Shaw
Deslauriers - Froese - Carr

Schlemko - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Jerabek - Benn

Pacs doesn't compete at a high enough level to be in the top 6 right now imo, just let him play some basic hockey on the 3rd line for a couple games and work it from there..

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gonna great to see Bryan Adams perform during the second intermission.

cut.jpg

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here are the jerseys for today's game.

cut.jpg

As the visiting team, the Canadiens will wear white uniforms. The crest is the current version of the Canadiens "CH" but with silver detailing replacing the white. This version of the crest is repeated on the helmet and pants. The design was inspired by the white jersey worn by the Canadiens in the late 1930s, and is one of the few white uniforms they've worn that does not have a contrast color in the shoulders.
The blue and white stripe from the hem is executed on the sleeve with a centennial silver band running between them. This band features tonal fabric details listing the years of the Canadiens' 24 Stanley Cup championships.

The collar incudes the French version of the NHL shield (LNH), a detail unique to the Canadiens.

Canadiens, Senators unveil jerseys for NHL100 Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad