OT: NFL/PATRIOTS 2016 Off-Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Good stuff from amendola. Team-first guy through and through. I think this is his 2nd restricture

While true. It was probably also a case of restructure or look for a new team.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
So E!SPN has fired Chris "Get a Fall Guy" Carter and Ray "Murder Assistant Extraordinaire" Lewis. Randy Moss, who I was actually surprised gives very insightful commentary, has been hired to replace one of the two.

Ray Lewis has released the following statement:

ESPN IS ONLY A STAGE. THE WHOLE WORLD IS A STAGE, BUT THE WHOLE WORLD ISN'T ESPN. NOBODY CAN TELL YOU WHAT THE WORLD IS. NOBODY CAN TELL YOU WHAT THE STAGE IS. BUT ANY STAGE IN THE WORLD, WE CAN'T BE STOPPED, BECAUSE STAGE MEANS STEP, AND WHEN YOU STEP YOU DON'T STOP, AND I LOOK AROUND AND SEE FOOTSTEPS EVERYWHERE. FOOTSTEPS EVERYWHERE! FIND YOUR FEET AND STEP ON YOUR STAGE

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
CYA mode after the Schilling firing. Pretty hypocritical to keep these guys on the payroll while (rightfully) firing a guy for offensive social media posts.

And though Randy Moss is many things, a dummy isn't one of them. Though I too am surprised at how good, insightful, and well stated his commentary is.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
So E!SPN has fired Chris "Get a Fall Guy" Carter and Ray "Murder Assistant Extraordinaire" Lewis. Randy Moss, who I was actually surprised gives very insightful commentary, has been hired to replace one of the two.

Did Reverend Ray Ray seriously say that...in caps lock non the less?

Go away Ray.

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Did Reverend Ray Ray seriously say that...in caps lock non the less?

Go away Ray.

No, I was making a joke.

Like this:

IN ALL WALKS OF LIFE, YOU CAN PLANT YOUR FOOT IN THE GROUND, BUT JESUS PRINTS HIS FEET FOR THE ENTIRE WORLD. THAT'S WHY HE IS THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD, BECAUSE HE IS LIGHT ON HIS FEET. JESUS KNOWS TO KEEP US ON OUR TOES SO THAT WHEN WE WALK, WE PLANT LIKE HE PRINTED FOR US SO LONG AGO. WE ARE CALLED UPON TO BE A PLANT FOR JESUS. GROW YOUR FEET!

Bad Puck Bounce

Run Ralphie Run
Feb 4, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I love Ray Lewis-isms.

This is a real Ray Lewis quote, "Ray Rice put a lot of people in jeopardy because of his actions. A lot of people in jeopardy. Not just himself. He needs to understand that. Because none of this happens if what happened that night in that elevator don’t happen. If I ask anything in this whole thing, I ask, let there be light."

You need Raysetta Stone to translate that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
ESPN has to make significant budgets cuts so I'm not surprised. Pretty sure Lewis was making a hefty chunk of change too

Those fake quotes are hilarious btw, too funny that I thought they were real initially

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Lewis and Jaden Smith could start a rap supergroup together with the quality of the poetry that comes out of them.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
He may be horrible at crime, but at least Reche Caldwell isn't deflecting any of the blame. It's actually pretty refreshing.

"I'm not gonna blame football or concussions like everybody else for my mistakes," Reche said. "I don't blame my education or my hometown or my family. I have a great family. I had a great childhood. I grew up in a great place. This is about losing my way, being around bad people and making bad choices, and that's all on me."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/...unning-for-worst-criminal-ever-141859242.html

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I love the emphasis ESPN puts on him being a former Patriot when he had one year there.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
He may be horrible at crime, but at least Reche Caldwell isn't deflecting any of the blame. It's actually pretty refreshing.

"I'm not gonna blame football or concussions like everybody else for my mistakes," Reche said. "I don't blame my education or my hometown or my family. I have a great family. I had a great childhood. I grew up in a great place. This is about losing my way, being around bad people and making bad choices, and that's all on me."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/blogs/...unning-for-worst-criminal-ever-141859242.html

After being released, Caldwell clearly was undaunted. He was busted again — this time for searching "MDMA-Molly-China" on the internet, ordering what he assumed were illegal drugs, having almost five pounds of the stuff shipped to his door, tracking the package online and then signing his real name for it when it arrived. Naturally, a SWAT team was lying in wait. Once more, Caldwell had been pinched.

He thought: "Aw, man, not again."

Almost as bad as Eric Gagne buying his steroids with a personal check

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
So would anyone have some interest in a guy like Anquan Boldin? I've always liked his game and think he'd make a really good Patriot. It's a shame we already have so many receivers on the roster. I'd have preferred him to someone like Nate Washington definitely.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
How many of the below did you have to read before you were able to guess the speaker:

“The importance of lifting weights is it kind of makes me who I am.”

“I’m gonna pop my shirt and get some of this sun.”

“It’s natural. Except, like, sometimes I get like a little couple pieces of hair on my chest and stomach, but I just take the quick razor and shave it off when it gets super long. I don’t like any hair.”

“You know what’s awesome? I like wearing no shirt, but you have jeans on the bottom.”

“It’s literally been like that since the fourth grade. Wherever we roll, it didn’t really matter, chicks would come to me no matter what.”

“Chicken is so good! So lean.”

“My pet peeves are people touching me a lot.”

“I’m self-taught. It took me four years to get where I am now with my dance moves.”

“I drink to have fun, to feel good, to get tipsy. But my drink of choice is vodka and water.”

Sturm

Jun 25, 2015
Virginia
Read a couple articles listing the different ways Brady can appeal the ruling and not have to worry about the suspension until 2017 with a ruling sometime in the next offseason. Imagine finally serving the suspension, two plus years after the fact? I'd be fine with that too. The team this year is very talented and the difference between starting the year 3-1 and 2-2 (or worse) could mean no home field advantage or no first round bye.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I'm honestly fine if he serves it this year. We get to see what Jimmy G has and if he plays well they can probably get a 1st for him. Plus Brady gets to take a longer breather after the beating he took down the stretch last year.

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA
I'm honestly fine if he serves it this year. We get to see what Jimmy G has and if he plays well they can probably get a 1st for him. Plus Brady gets to take a longer breather after the beating he took down the stretch last year.

If, and it's a very large if, Garapollo plays lights out(325ypg, 12 TD, 3INT for example) then I believe we could get a 1st for him. But I'm not sure that Jimmy G can even perform that way, or that Belichick would give him up. I believe they have more faith in him than we know.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Too many teams have gotten burned in the ex-Patriot backup QB sweepstakes the last few years. I don't see anyone giving up a first rounder any time soon for another of their backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad