NFL 2024

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Aaron Donald retires at the age of 32.

Honestly, extra wise move. Already won a Superbowl, racked up some impressive awards, and really nothing left to prove. Better this than playing too long and becoming another CTE case study.

For sure, smart move. In that interior position, your head must get knocked around 6 ways on Sunday and then some. He was such a dominating player there, usually taking on double teams, that someone else shook loose. Best at his position for a long, long time.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Absolutely. Get the old overrated guy for NHL veteran minimum and then grab a faded bluechip given up too early as a repeating brutal organization continues to search and pay top draft collateral for elite pedigree QBs.
It's funny how it goes, Chicago absolutely fleeces Carolina in the big trade last year, and now has been bent over twice by Pitts, in the Claypool trade and now the Fields one. I find it odd that 7 or 8 of the teams that don't have a QB as good as Fields weren't willing to offer up anything better than a 2025 6th rounder.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It's funny how it goes, Chicago absolutely fleeces Carolina in the big trade last year, and now has been bent over twice by Pitts, in the Claypool trade and now the Fields one. I find it odd that 7 or 8 of the teams that don't have a QB as good as Fields weren't willing to offer up anything better than a 2025 6th rounder.
Why do that when you can waste a first round pick on a guy and throw him to the wolves in year 1?

Not the Steelers did it any better with Pickett, but man are teams just wasting draft capital. Fix your o-line before wasting an asset on a guy that you are going to rush into the league and more than likely ruin anyway.

Reactions: bellagiobob

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

Since then, the NFL has found 105 hip-drop tackles in 20,000 tackles reviewed since 2022, per Pro Football Talk. They have also found the tackle increases the risk of injury 25 times the standard tackle injury rate.

Honestly don't even know what to make of this rule that is something I didn't even know was an issue. Happens .5% of the time lol

Last edited:

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
They want to get rid of kicks through the endzone, change the rule so you get the ball on the 40.

Was getting to the point where I don't even understand why they had kickoffs, just spot the ball and save the kicker from hurting himself lol.

Reactions: TB12 and Stoneman89

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
They want to get rid of kicks through the endzone, change the rule so you get the ball on the 40.

Was getting to the point where I don't even understand why they had kickoffs, just spot the ball and save the kicker from hurting himself lol.
Kickoff from the 30, with the new rules it would put a lot more balls in play.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
All this talk lately about how many Qb's could go very high just has me thinking to what was talked about earlier. When are teams gonna learn.

We just saw an exodus of former 1st round picks from 2-3 years ago moving around and teams are right back to the trough thinking this again is the way to fix their team quickly. I'd be scared if I was a QB in this draft that I might end up getting destroyed in my first couple years in the NFL

On a side note, this Joe Milton apparently has one of the best cannons some analysts have ever seen. Apparently has no damn accuracy, but the one guy mentioned you will see some sort of highlight real throw in pre-season and just be in awe how he can firing that ball.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad