OT: NFL 2019

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
21-6 at the half is a lot different than 14-6. If there even was a turning point, just think that was it with two basically back to back debatable calls.

You're taking the Tampa FG away too? Why? Tampa is up 17-6 at the half even if they don't get the TD score. Tampa also left another TD off the board getting stopped at the 1 earlier.

The game was never close. The momentum was never close. Tampa was constantly driving down the field into scoring range and in the telling moments of the game KC were never getting it done.

Yeah, not sure what it is but I like the savvy veteran over the showboat sensation any time in a big game for all the marbles. I'm not a better, but this one was easy. I expected nothing other than a Brady win today.

The funniest thing reading is that people actually think Mahomes has a realistic chance of equalling Brady Superbowl Wins. I mean obviously nobody is ever doing that. I mean even if Brady lost today Mahomes was never catching him.

But as history goes down this was a resounding win for a 43yr old QB being far better than a prime of life QB with a stubbed toe. This was touted as a legendary matchup. it was not that. It was a slamdunk for eternity. Brady could retire tomorrow and any questions answered. There never were any imo, and Brady being the alltime best.

I really do get the impression that Mahomes is really going to recede in a couple seasons as the injuries pile up. Much quicker if he keeps eating concussions. So many plays where he would just be smart to ground the ball he's taking shots or trying to make hilite reels evading players. I don't get the impression either he's got such a solid chin. Career could be receding quicker than expected. i don't think he even is that great as the big contract progresses. could see the last half being real declining asset. he's taking such a beating.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
You're taking the Tampa FG away too? Why? Tampa is up 17-6 at the half even if they don't get the TD score. Tampa also left another TD off the board getting stopped at the 1 earlier.

The game was never close. The momentum was never close. Tampa was constantly driving down the field into scoring range and in the telling moments of the game KC were never getting it done.

Yeah, not sure what it is but I like the savvy veteran over the showboat sensation any time in a big game for all the marbles. I'm not a better, but this one was easy. I expected nothing other than a Brady win today.

The funniest thing reading is that people actually think Mahomes has a realistic chance of equalling Brady Superbowl Wins. I mean obviously nobody is ever doing that. I mean even if Brady lost today Mahomes was never catching him.

But as history goes down this was a resounding win for a 43yr old QB being far better than a prime of life QB with a stubbed toe. This was touted as a legendary matchup. it was not that. It was a slamdunk for eternity. Brady could retire tomorrow and any questions answered. There never were any imo, and Brady being the alltime best.

I really do get the impression that Mahomes is really going to recede in a couple seasons as the injuries pile up. Much quicker if he keeps eating concussions. So many plays where he would just be smart to ground the ball he's taking shots or trying to make hilite reels evading players. I don't get the impression either he's got such a solid chin. Career could be receding quicker than expected. i don't think he even is that great as the big contract progresses. could see the last half being real declining asset. he's taking such a beating.

They had the ball at their own 42, then the very debatable PI call brings it down to the opposition 24 yard line. So the field goal wasn't on the table without the PI call.

Last edited:

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
They had the ball at their own 42, then the very debatable PI call brings it down to the opposition 24 yard line. So the field goal wasn't on the table without the PI call.

They would have the first down on the call regardless, and KC wasn't stopping shit all day. It wasn't no big thang. ;)

"Very debatable" ? It was a penalty all day.

Last edited:

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
What was debatable about that call? He dove and clipped his leg as the receiver blew by him. Reminded me of Giordano trying to defend McDavid. Was probably the only good penalty the Chiefs took all night as it likely saved a touchdown.

Reactions: Drivesaitl and TB12

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What was debatable about that call? He dove and clipped his leg as the receiver blew by him. Reminded me of Giordano trying to defend McDavid. Was probably the only good penalty the Chiefs took all night as it likely saved a touchdown.
Yeah you have to call that all day. I thought the broadcast was really KC biased. I mean even at the end Mahomes chucks up a desperation ball, doesn't even see where its going and they say "Oh thats a TD, wait the officials are calling it out" The receiver never caught the ball, it hit turf as soon as the receiver. They tried to not even show that, just a glimpse of the ball on the ground in the last replay.

But watching the broadcast it was like KC was getting jobbed.

Maybe they could be less stupid and not line up with 2 players offside on a FG attempt that they turned into a subsequent TD. KC have their own selves to blame and are saying all that today. Not one player that didn't think Tampa was just a much better club on the day. The turning point in this game was the first Quarter. Tampa was rolling and KC never recovered.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
download (1).jpeg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

lolol

Just like the Tampa D I was cheering the last interception to snuff out the last KC drive. would have been wrong to let them ever visit the endzone. Didnt get over the goal line once. Complete redzone failure. Tampa had more TD's than KC even had redzone chances in the game.

Trouble with a game like this for the players, this Superbowl experience erases some of the joy from the previous one. Bomb like this in a Superbowl and its arguably better that you weren't even there. unfortunately the Eskimos, as well, had some Grey Cups like that. Who can forget the 1990 blowout. Or the Staple bowl at the big Owe. Those live in infamy, the blowout games never get forgotten. This was one.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
lolol

Just like the Tampa D I was cheering the last interception to snuff out the last KC drive. would have been wrong to let them ever visit the endzone. Didnt get over the goal line once. Complete redzone failure. Tampa had more TD's than KC even had redzone chances in the game.

Trouble with a game like this for the players, this Superbowl experience erases some of the joy from the previous one. Bomb like this in a Superbowl and its arguably better that you weren't even there. unfortunately the Eskimos, as well, had some Grey Cups like that. Who can forget the 1990 blowout. Or the Staple bowl at the big Owe. Those live in infamy, the blowout games never get forgotten. This was one.

Yeah it was quite the defensive performance. They gave up some big plays but not "the big play" to ever allow KC back into the ball game. Brady also took all the momentum after their first TD and put it on the moon. You knew Brady was going to do his thing so that wasn't a concern at all.

One of my buddies gambles his lion's share with NFL games. He told me this morning one of the props was no KC touchdown at 72:1. Even $10 on that would have been a nice little $720 bonus.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Yeah it was quite the defensive performance. They gave up some big plays but not "the big play" to ever allow KC back into the ball game. Brady also took all the momentum after their first TD and put it on the moon. You knew Brady was going to do his thing so that wasn't a concern at all.

One of my buddies gambles his lion's share with NFL games. He told me this morning one of the props was no KC touchdown at 72:1. Even $10 on that would have been a nice little $720 bonus.

To me the Mahomes hype train seemed in overdrive even while the game was going on. You could spot it here, other social media, news updates. He only had 9yds passing in first quarter, only 67yds in the first half, but all the comments were like, did you see that run, did you see that play, its just a matter of time, he's feeling it, he's just on the edge of getting it done, he's gonna ignite. It was hilarious as well as delusional. I mean even at the point that its 14-6 or 21-6 even the commentators are calculating the amount of points to a Mahomes win. Absolutely bizarre. Its what hate does I guess, is so many people seemed to want Brady to be deposed they were making it happen in their minds when the reality on the field was something much different.

Brady just doing his thing, winning, and getting hardly any praise.

This board is a welcome fresh air because more Brady fans on it.

ps even after 3 quarters Mahomes only 14-28 111yds, such pedestrian stats. The final stats are just 4th quarter illusion after the game was already long over. I mean this was a curb stomping.

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
To me the Mahomes hype train seemed in overdrive even while the game was going on. You could spot it here, other social media, news updates. He only had 9yds passing in first quarter, only 67yds in the first half, but all the comments were like, did you see that run, did you see that play, its just a matter of time, he's feeling it, he's just on the edge of getting it done, he's gonna ignite. It was hilarious as well as delusional. I mean even at the point that its 14-6 or 21-6 even the commentators are calculating the amount of points to a Mahomes win. Absolutely bizarre. Its what hate does I guess, is so many people seemed to want Brady to be deposed they were making it happen in their minds when the reality on the field was something much different.

ps even after 3 quarters Mahomes only 14-28 111yds, such pedestrian stats. The final stats are just 4th quarter illusion after the game was already long over. I mean this was a curb stomping.

I think everyone is already accustomed to seeing Mahomes pull a rabbit out of his hat and expected him to be able to pull another one out. By no means was he terrible, it's just Tampa had an answer for him. As I said during the train, he's an incredible athlete. He's still a kid with a big future who has already been to two Superbowls. He's going to be in many more but he's still the shiny new toy. Brady, its more like "yeah, yeah...Brady wins again. Blah blah."

I've also never "hated" the guy...couldn't stand Belichek though. It seems Aryans is that coach who doubles as everyone's favorite grandpa. I think Tom, Gronk, Pierre-Paul, Suh and the rest just love playing for him.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Didn’t think either ball was catchable. Maybe holding, but not PI. Just my opinion.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I think everyone is already accustomed to seeing Mahomes pull a rabbit out of his hat and expected him to be able to pull another one out. By no means was he terrible, it's just Tampa had an answer for him. As I said during the train, he's an incredible athlete. He's still a kid with a big future who has already been to two Superbowls. He's going to be in many more but he's still the shiny new toy. Brady, its more like "yeah, yeah...Brady wins again. Blah blah."

I've also never "hated" the guy...couldn't stand Belichek though. It seems Aryans is that coach who doubles as everyone's favorite grandpa. I think Tom, Gronk, Pierre-Paul, Suh and the rest just love playing for him.

Disagree here. Its so much assumed aristocracy. I mean they were seriously talking up this guy getting to beat Tom Bradys total superbowl record wins. This being one of the major talking pts leading up to the game, in the game, and while KC were trailing by multiple scores. It was so bizarre to me. Mahomes suffered 2 concussions just in these playoffs and he appears to play a brand of ball that makes him very susceptible to getting hit and hammered with shots. Its conceivable he doesn't get a lot of other chances to bag a Superbowl. I mean he could end at one win. He certainly isn't bagging 6 or 7.

People, media, hype counting Superbowl wins before they have happened.

But even with the bolded I was lol when KC were using their timeouts with one minute left in the half. It was stupid. This is Tom Brady, so much disrespect, he's going to shove those timeouts up KC's ass and take it to the house. Sure enough he does. The delusion was so complete the KC was thinking somehow we use those time outs so we get the ball back to "superstar" Mahomes who had 67yds passing.

I mean of the two I am more accustomed to Brady being money in last minutes. Seemed like KC entirely lost sight of that.

Mahomes in this game, for 3 quarters, was terrible. 111yds passing to that point is abject terrible. Its go home and lick your wounds stuff. That is 37yds passing per quarter, average. They weren't running the ball for much of anything either.

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
This wasn't on Mahomes; the problem existed with the Chiefs patchwork offensive line (down 4 players from their off-season plans). It's one of those rare moments in a sport's championship where one team had a fundamental advantage over the other and exploited it consistently for the easy victory.

The Bucs front-4 were the only ones being sent and they still overwhelmed the O-line on almost every play. It allowed the Bucs to keep two guys deep on coverage and provided Mahomes with few options while facing constant pressure.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008

Regarding the bolded, do you actually watch ANY sports or read ANY sporting articles? Because you would have to be either blind or deaf to not see an incredible amount of praise (well deserved)for TB 24/7. Have no idea where you get making a wild statement like that. Just crazy. That's like saying Gretzky never got any love.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Didn’t think either ball was catchable. Maybe holding, but not PI. Just my opinion.
The first one was 20 feet over the endzone but the second long one was entirely catchable in my opinion. The defensive back tripped up and landed on Evans back foot, causing him to fall. The ball was entirely visible within the replay clip. Very unfortunate play by the KC back, but it was the correct call IMO.
How Pass Interference Works In the NFL

Here is the official rule in the NFL:
It is pass interference by either team when any act by a player more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders an eligible player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Pass interference can only occur when a forward pass is thrown from behind the line of scrimmage, regardless of whether the pass is legal or illegal, or whether it crosses the line.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Regarding the bolded, do you actually watch ANY sports or read ANY sporting articles? Because you would have to be either blind or deaf to not see an incredible amount of praise (well deserved)for TB 24/7. Have no idea where you get making a wild statement like that. Just crazy. That's like saying Gretzky never got any love.

Brady gets a lot of hate. On the actual telecast through the first half they kept counting how much pts needed for the Mahomes comeback and how he's done it before yada yada, no lead is safe. Brady and Tampa were getting no respect even in the telecast. The lol convo in the game, going into the game, was how Mahomes was going to be a threat to pass Brady's record of Superbowl wins. I mean I couldn't even believe that was a thing people would be talking about. No QB in history, not named Brady, has more than 4 Superbowl wins. But somehow Mahomes was gonna beat all. just the hype train I find annoying. Mahomes has one cup and people were talking him up as Brady superior. THAT is crazy.

But the biggest disrespect, and asinine decision was KC betting on calling time outs in last minute of first half so that they could get the ball back and score lolol Did that ever backfire. I mean this is Tom Brady. you don't call time outs in last minute so that he has more time to shove the ball up your endzone one more time. The whole attitude that Mahomes was gonna outduel Brady was piled on thick.

anyway..

Last edited:
Reactions: TB12

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
The first one was 20 feet over the endzone but the second long one was entirely catchable in my opinion. The defensive back tripped up and landed on Evans back foot, causing him to fall. The ball was entirely visible within the replay clip. Very unfortunate play by the KC back, but it was the correct call IMO.
How Pass Interference Works In the NFL

Here is the official rule in the NFL:
It is pass interference by either team when any act by a player more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders an eligible player’s opportunity to catch the ball. Pass interference can only occur when a forward pass is thrown from behind the line of scrimmage, regardless of whether the pass is legal or illegal, or whether it crosses the line.

I bet on KC and my opinion is not going to change. ;)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Brady gets a lot of hate. On the actual telecast through the first half they kept counting how much pts needed for the Mahomes comeback and how he's done it before yada yada, no lead is safe. Brady and Tampa were getting no respect even in the telecast. The lol convo in the game, going into the game, was how Mahomes was going to be a threat to pass Brady's record of Superbowl wins. I mean I couldn't even believe that was a thing people would be talking about. No QB in history, not named Brady, has more than 4 Superbowl wins. But somehow Mahomes was gonna beat all. just the hype train I find annoying. Mahomes has one cup and people were talking him up as Brady superior. THAT is crazy.

But the biggest disrespect, and asinine decision was KC betting on calling time outs in last minute of first half so that they could get the ball back and score lolol Did that ever backfire. I mean this is Tom Brady. you don't call time outs in last minute so that he has more time to shove the ball up your endzone one more time. The whole attitude that Mahomes was gonna outduel Brady was piled on thick.

anyway..
Sure Brady gets hate. So did Gretzky, So did Jordan. But they still get lots of love, and nothing but respect. Hey, it's okay to be in love with one player because of his accomplishments. Just no need to trash others. Like it's fine to be in love with Drai or Mike Reilly. But not at the expense of trashing most everyone else.

And the talk about Mahomes being superior to Brady was meant for this game, not the lifetime achievement award. Many experts said he had a chance to win multiple Superbowls and getting into the all-time greats conversation. I see nothing wrong with that, looking at his talent, and the talent around him. I think a lot of people see him as the heir apparent to Brady as the premier QB in the league.

As to the decision late in the first half, I would have done the same thing. The long bomb to Evans on 3rd down was a low percentage play, and was rather fortunate for the Bucs that the defender tripped on Evans foot and put both of them down. Otherwise, the Chiefs get the ball back. But hey, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Sure Brady gets hate. So did Gretzky, So did Jordan. But they still get lots of love, and nothing but respect. Hey, it's okay to be in love with one player because of his accomplishments. Just no need to trash others. Like it's fine to be in love with Drai or Mike Reilly. But not at the expense of trashing most everyone else.

And the talk about Mahomes being superior to Brady was meant for this game, not the lifetime achievement award. Many experts said he had a chance to win multiple Superbowls and getting into the all-time greats conversation. I see nothing wrong with that, looking at his talent, and the talent around him. I think a lot of people see him as the heir apparent to Brady as the premier QB in the league.

As to the decision late in the first half, I would have done the same thing. The long bomb to Evans on 3rd down was a low percentage play, and was rather fortunate for the Bucs that the defender tripped on Evans foot and put both of them down. Otherwise, the Chiefs get the ball back. But hey, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Any commentary from me was just playful banter. Its done, the game is done, not wishing to keep going on it. Everything already said.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Who goes to the Super Bowl where there is limited seating, just to knit. Unreal.

Reminds me of the time about 10 years that my Dad got Oilers tickets from his workplace and asked me to take a family member to the game (the 2-1 shootout win over Nashville where Omark scored on his YouTube move). We lucked into great seats at the Coliseum - 114 in the Oilers' end, camera-side, about 20 or so rows up from the ice.

I had my reservations about taking this family member to the game since I knew that they really weren't into hockey; they rarely watched hockey at home and only went to live games to "enjoy the atmosphere" in their words. But, these were not my tickets to distribute, so I complied and took this person along anyway.

Imagine my feelings when Jim Vandermeer scored his second goal of the season - the crowd cheered, the horn went off - and this family member looked up and asked out loud, "Oh, did we score?" They missed the goal because they were reading an Amish romance novel...a ROMANCE NOVEL...while sitting in lower bowl seats.

I never took that individual to an Oilers game again. :help: :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad