OT: NFL 2019

subnet

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Nov 6, 2005
PacNW
Was it that #thebestqbevarrrrrrrrrr played that great, or KC or their OF were that bad? It seemed that KC lost the game vs. TB winning it. I know the score wasn't even close, nor was the game, but it didn't seem like domination by the AMAZING Tom Brary to me? :huh:

Ugh - I have to give it to the old sack with the nicest teeth - he won - again...

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
But Brady isn't throwing dirty elbows, slew footing defensive players behind the play and kneeing opposing players in the back while they're proned out recovering a fumbled ball.

:DD
I’ll take Brady winning 7 rings any day over the flames winning 7 cups. If we are in store for that, I’m no longer a hockey fan lol

Reactions: McFuhryous

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Honestly it just comes down to jealousy. I’ll admit it. I have been a colts fan for 17 years. It gets tired some watching the same guy be great

with that said, we may never witness this again I. Our life times unless Mahomes does it. This is a once in a life time or more showing from a QB.

I always said that he had a superb defense in New England that helped him a lot and a weak division. However, this year staples how great he is. Beating Brees, Rodgers and now blowing out Mahomes.... arguably one of the toughest paths to winning a SB ever. It’s just amazing.

people like change, so they are tired of the same boring story.... unless it’s their team. Hell if the Oilers won 8 straight titles we wouldn’t get bored or ottAwa for me as well. To the rest of the fan base though it gets old. Like seeing Lebron in 7 of the last 8 NBA championship appearances or whatever it is. End of the day, Brady is amazing and good for Tampa.

Yep. I just stop and pause and appreciate it. I'm not even an NFL fan, but thats how good Tom Brady is, a player that transcends his league and sport, like only Wayne Gretzky or Gordie Howe did for hockey.

That said I love to mock Lionel Messi. I have never regarded him as a best footballer ever because I'm German, descent, and Germany have beat him so often. To me if you don't get it done in World Cups you are not the greatest ever. Messi's problem is that he never got it done on that biggest stage. Tom Brady is the opposite of that. He is a very good bet with it all on the line.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Was it that #thebestqbevarrrrrrrrrr played that great, or KC or their OF were that bad? It seemed that KC lost the game vs. TB winning it. I know the score wasn't even close, nor was the game, but it didn't seem like domination by the AMAZING Tom Brary to me? :huh:

Ugh - I have to give it to the old sack with the nicest teeth - he won - again...

Tom Brady did a good job possessing the ball. Tampa had 3TD;s in first half and could have had one more. They were on the field a lot, and conversely keeping the KC D on the field a lot, and Mahones off the field a lot. Football is often a game of attrition and moreso in the playoffs or Superbowl.

I think Mahones got a lot of real estate stats back in 2nd half with the game already over. Tampa just idled into the W. If a person tuned into say only the last 20mins you would wonder who the better club was. Not if you watched first 40.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The Buccaneers won the battles of both lines decisively, and TB managed the game perfectly. He seems to have the ability to raise the level of his teammates no matter what position they play. As for the "Leaders of Indigenous Peoples", they never seemed to get into any rhythm.

Brady made a statement today. No longer "Brady and Belicek". Just, "Brady."

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
TB assemble a band of misfit players around Brady and win the Super Bowl - Gronk, Fournette, Brown, Suh...
Don't know if you're being sarcastic or not. Not sure that Gronk is exactly a misfit. A multi SB champion that has done it all. The others are very good players with a lot of talent.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
One of the analysts put it best. He threw two of the most incredible incompletions I have ever seen.

They were nice plays and he refused to die on those but they were also curious timing and with the game already over, he was giving it his best looks. Still, neither was completed and he was just throwing those into spots against a prevent D at that point. I mean I don't know how he does that so well falling down but.. I sure don't know his game as much as others would but he hangs onto the ball too long as well. Would want quicker reads. I mean Mahones is taking a beating every game, and it looks like its for a reason.

Tom Brady comes out of the same games without a scratch. Because his reads are picture perfect and he drops down really well going through options. He's like a Computer out there. He knows what play is available on so many downs.

The guy with the premium football brain beat the guy that gets it done more on athletics. It wasn't ever close.

Reactions: TB12

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
But Brady isn't throwing dirty elbows, slew footing defensive players behind the play and kneeing opposing players in the back while they're proned out recovering a fumbled ball.

:DD

Hey, letting air out of footballs, flossing daily, getting your teeth whitened weekly and sleeping with a supermodel are similar offenses. ;)

Reactions: McFuhryous

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
They were nice plays and he refused to die on those but they were also curious timing and with the game already over, he was giving it his best looks. Still, neither was completed and he was just throwing those into spots against a prevent D at that point. I mean I don't know how he does that so well falling down but.. I sure don't know his game as much as others would but he hangs onto the ball too long as well. Would want quicker reads. I mean Mahones is taking a beating every game, and it looks like its for a reason.

Tom Brady comes out of the same games without a scratch. Because his reads are picture perfect and he drops down really well going through options. He's like a Computer out there. He knows what play is available on so many downs.

The guy with the premium football brain beat the guy that gets it done more on athletics. It wasn't ever close.

Mahomes rarely come out of the game with a beating. This game was different from just about every Chiefs game I've ever seen with him at QB. Missing their two tackles was a HUGE loss for the offence, and Mahomes needing surgey on his foot altered his throwing mechanism. You put Brady behind the KC Oline today and he wouldn't have come out of the game alive. Maybe 15 sacks. Mahomes ran for his life all game long. You are really under selling Mahomes if you don't think he has a premium football brain. He is the complete package.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Mahomes rarely come out of the game with a beating. This game was different from just about every Chiefs game I've ever seen with him at QB. Missing their two tackles was a HUGE loss for the offence, and Mahomes needing surgey on his foot altered his throwing mechanism. You put Brady behind the KC Oline today and he wouldn't have come out of the game alive. Maybe 15 sacks. Mahomes ran for his life all game long. You are really under selling Mahomes if you don't think he has a premium football brain. He is the complete package.

Like I said I don't know him nearly as well. I've watched a lot more Tom Brady games.

In this game I Saw Mahones running for his life because he's so often running into too many steamboats which are either coverage sacks or he's just taking too long getting the ball off. I mean Brady makes excellent plays under heat, and has his whole career, and he would burn the shit out of a too aggressive blitz package. he would set it on fire. The bolded is so off the mark. Brady is 43 and that hasn't happened to him so I'm not sure if you're joking with that.

Brady has the best reads of any QB I've ever seen. Not even close.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Hey, letting air out of footballs, flossing daily, getting your teeth whitened weekly and sleeping with a supermodel are similar offenses. ;)
One Jimmy Kimmel, they were showing some of the tweets from the Brady haters. One guy tweeted, " I hope you lose the game, and then hardly ever have sex again with your supermodel wife."

Reactions: bellagiobob

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Like I said I don't know him nearly as well. I've watched a lot more Tom Brady games.

In this game I Saw Mahones running for his life because he's so often running into too many steamboats which are either coverage sacks or he's just taking too long getting the ball off. I mean Brady makes excellent plays under heat, and has his whole career, and he would burn the shit out of a two aggressive blitz package. he would set it on fire. The bolded is so off the mark.
You must have missed last years Super Bowl. Mahomes made a lot of brainy plays in addition to athletic ones under heat. Today, he was under extreme pressure all day with both starting tackles out, and a broken toe that hugely affected his mobility.
And to be fair, Tampa's front seven was all over a sure-fire hall of famer 2 weeks ago, making him look rather incompetent too.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You must have missed last years Super Bowl. Mahomes made a lot of brainy plays in addition to athletic ones under heat. Today, he was under extreme pressure all day with both starting tackles out, and a broken toe that hugely affected his mobility.
And to be fair, Tampa's front seven was all over a sure-fire hall of famer 2 weeks ago, making him look rather incompetent too.

You're correct. I never watched it.

I don't think I said Mahones can't be cerebral, just that it seems he's more reliant on scrambling. I was just mentioning Brady has the best brain for the game, best reads of any QB I've seen in my life. Which is pretty hard to argue given he's owning football still at age 43. I mean I wouldn't even want to see what Mahones is capable of at that age. from the looks of things he'll be having some trouble walking. He took a shit kicking beating in these playoffs. I've never seen Brady take this much of a pummeling because he gets the ball away quicker.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

In this game I Saw Mahones running for his life because he's so often running into too many steamboats which are either coverage sacks or he's just taking too long getting the ball off. I mean Brady makes excellent plays under heat, and has his whole career, and he would burn the shit out of a too aggressive blitz package. he would set it on fire. The bolded is so off the mark. Brady is 43 and that hasn't happened to him so I'm not sure if you're joking with that.

Brady has the best reads of any QB I've ever seen. Not even close.

Agree to disagree. He's been blessed to play behind excellent olines pretty much his entire career. Nothing like what KC's was like today. Watched a couple of games from earlier this year where the Oline didn't give Brady much time and the D had numerous easy sacks as Brady really has very little mobility. Today's heat that TB was getting wasn't due to much of a blitz package. It was just the TD Dline absolutely dominating the KC Oline. They still had great coverage downfield. Brady is great, but would have got eaten alive if they switched spots today.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Agree to disagree. He's been blessed to play behind excellent olines pretty much his entire career. Nothing like what KC's was like today. Watched a couple of games from earlier this year where the Oline didn't give Brady much time and the D had numerous easy sacks as Brady really has very little mobility. Today's heat that TB was getting wasn't due to much of a blitz package. It was just the TD Dline absolutely dominating the KC Oline. They still had great coverage downfield. Brady is great, but would have got eaten alive if they switched spots today.

Well its all hypothetical and the doubters were doubting Brady all along. This is no dynastic club he's playing on, and KC would have to be considered the better club, and Superbowl Champs. other than at QB position. The game i saw Tom Brady made it his game, and not surprising. But I think Brady would have won playing for either club today.

I mean you're saying something that is highly improbable for Tom Brady. Earlier this season was still adaptation time being on a new club. I mean of course that takes time to get settled in. Once Brady did no team beat him. Tampa won out. Going through the best teams.

Like I said Mahones now has at least had 3 concussions (another today from what I saw) and 2 just in these playoffs. he plays a more dangerous game than Brady and he's getting murdered out there. sure the circus plays look nice, he's getting killed. Everybody rating this guy so high but if he doesn't make much better decisions he won't be playing age 30. More than his foot bothering him just from what I saw today. I wonder if he's been right since he got his bell severely rung a few weeks ago.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

I though both the PI calls should have been illegal contact instead of PI. Turning point of the game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

I though both the PI calls should have been illegal contact instead of PI. Turning point of the game.

Considering KC never made up the margin of pts Tampa had at that point, 14, I'm not convinced it was the turning point. That could have been the first quarter where mastery was evident while Mahomes never got untracked. 67yds in first half, pretty pretty bad.

Tampa could have run up the score, didn't. They couldn't keep Brady off the field all game.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Considering KC never made up the margin of pts Tampa had at that point, 14, I'm not convinced it was the turning point. That could have been the first quarter where mastery was evident while Mahomes never got untracked. 67yds in first half, pretty pretty bad.

Tampa could have run up the score, didn't. They couldn't keep Brady off the field all game.

21-6 at the half is a lot different than 14-6. If there even was a turning point, just think that was it with two basically back to back debatable calls.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
Well heres the goods, right from Mahomes himself, and exactly what I said earlier that he was very guilty of not getting the ball away in time. That was indelible to me today.

Patrick Mahomes' run of sheer genius ends abruptly in Super Bowl 55 beatdown by Buccaneers | Sporting News Canada

“I just don’t think we were on the same page as an offense in general,” Mahomes told reporters after the game. “I wasn’t getting the ball out on time.

Did you honestly expect him to publicly say his Oline was a complete tire fire and made him run for his life? He did what all great leaders do, and deflected the problem to himself. Just a heads up, if you're going to be slagging my boy Mahomes, I'm here to go toe to toe to defend him for the duration. ;)

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad