Line Combos: Next Years Lines

cave troll

Oct 9, 2013
Croatia
Only thing I want to say, please leave Slaf in Liiga Laval next year, please please please.
Edit: Laval
This will be nice message to Slafkofsky. Kid you're least NHL ready 1OA forward in decades. Go to AHL to learn hockey!
Also, I don't think Gorton & Hughes will be ever ready to admit they drafted as 1OA kid who isn't ready for big game.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Suzuki is safe, he was on stage with the brass when they picked Slafkovsky.

Caufield I could see being traded down the line depending how the next two years of rebuild goes.

Yes, it looks like it....Suzuki might be the only one tho.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Suzuki, Caufield, Anderson, Slafkovsky, Dach & Dadonov to me will be the Top-6.

They might start Dach at 3C and put Dvorak at 2C to start and then they switch roles as the year progresses. But the guys I listed are who I think will start as the Top-6.

But I'll be more than good if Slaf starts in Laval.

Reactions: ForeverHabs97

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
1657287879754.png

Reactions: Fixxer

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
That is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too early for this thread.
There's too many bodies yet, more moves are coming and the Romanov trade should teach you that no one is safe, not even Caufield or Suzuki
Wtf are you talking about. Trading romy is nowhere near Caufield and suzuki lmfao...Molson will be gone before those two :help:

Reactions: jellybeans

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
There's too many bodies yet, more moves are coming and the Romanov trade should teach you that no one is safe, not even Caufield or Suzuki

Yes, somehow, despite being a 'rebuilding team' we have a logjam (esp at forward) despite moving people out ahead of the trade deadline. Looking at moves over the past season and thus far in the offseason:

Forwards out: Toffoli, Lehkonen

Forwards in: R. Pitlick, Dadonov, Dach, (Slaf?)

Am I forgetting anyone?

And I wouldn't be surprised to see them sign someone in UFA, even depth or a reclamation project like White. I'm sure we'll see some bodies up front moved out in the next week. Could also see us buying out Drouin, but that topic has been beaten to death.

Reactions: Milhouse40

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If you look at our line-up against the other Atlantic teams, there's 0 reason to believe Price or Allen could drag us out of the bottom there.

Reactions: Et le But

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Wtf are you talking about. Trading romy is nowhere near Caufield and suzuki lmfao...Molson will be gone before those two :help:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

It was a way to say that before making line up and having strong feelings that this guy will be here or this guy is a sure shot....let's wait, if Romanov or Toffoli can be traded, everyone can be traded. Suzuki is safe....Caufield could be traded (not for crap, but let's say Rangers called with a Lafreniere offer, it could happen, Caufield is not their guy so as almost every players on this team)

Reactions: HabsForHire

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Is Dach waiver eligible? Played too many NHL games right? Has to clear waivers? If not, he and Slafkovsky should be AHL bound.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
It was a way to say that before making line up and having strong feelings that this guy will be here or this guy is a sure shot....let's wait, if Romanov or Toffoli can be traded, everyone can be traded. Suzuki is safe....Caufield could be traded (not for crap, but let's say Rangers called with a Lafreniere offer, it could happen, Caufield is not their guy so as almost every players on this team)
I see, but caufield is just as safe as suzuki and this management knows
that. He's almost as untouchable as it gets. If the rangers called and we moved cole for laf this management should be gone immediately. If that is this management's mindset it's going to be a real long few years, but I don't see it

ericd

Feb 20, 2007
Dadonov - Suzuki - Anderson
Caufield - Dach - Gallagher
Hoffman - Evans - Drouin
Slafkovsky - Dvorak - Armia
Poehling - Ylonen

Harris - Petry
Edmundson - Savard
Guhle - Barron
Wideman

Price - Allen

Last edited:
Reactions: Theodore450

Theodore450

Sep 10, 2013
Slaf Suzuki CC
Hoffman dvorak gally
Drouin Dach. Anderson
Byron/Poel. Evans. Armia

Idk what’s going on with Dadonov but I assume we’ll just be flexible with the lines and eventually trade him by the deadline. Trading romonov tells me where trying to suck for possibly 1 more year.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
My guess

Caufield - Suzuki - Anderson
Hoffman - Dvorak - Gallagher
Slafkovsky - Dach - Dadonov
Poehling - Evans - Armia

Byron, Drouin

Edmundson - Petry
Guhle - Barron
Harris - Savard

Wideman

If Slaf doesn't make the team, Drouin goes in (if he's healthy).

I don't see the reasoning behind playing Savard on the 2nd pair. He's not good enough imo and I don't see our management holding back the kids.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
We have too many forwards right now. Imagine we’ll jetison at least 2 and possibly not resign Pitlick. That being said:

Anderson Suzuki Caufield
Slafkovsky Dach Dadonov
Drouin/Hoffman Dvorak Gally
Poehling Evans Armia
Pezetta Dauphin Pitlick

Edmundson Barron
Harris Savard
Someone Wideman

Lol. We’re so f***ed. Lots of work to do especially on defence.

larrymoeschemp

Jul 7, 2022
We have too many forwards right now. Imagine we’ll jetison at least 2 and possibly not resign Pitlick. That being said:

Anderson Suzuki Caufield
Slafkovsky Dach Dadonov
Poehling Evans Armia
Pezetta Dauphin Pitlick

Edmundson Barron
Harris Savard
Someone Wideman

I don’t think Petry is being traded
Defends is way to weak to trade him
Hopefully Drouin and Armia/Hoffman never see another game in Montreal

Reactions: VirginiaMtlExpat

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Anderson Suzuki Caufield
Slafkovsky Dach Dadonov
Poehling Evans Armia
Pezetta Dauphin Pitlick

Edmundson Barron
Harris Savard
Someone Wideman

Worst part is that you forgot Byron and Ylonen is deserving of a spot, or at least a try
If Roy or Heineman impress out of camp, we're ready to build 2 bad team for more chance at Bedard

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
I know Dach is a C but due to the complete lack of talent on the wings can we play him on the left of Suzuki and Caufield and let him pick up his offensive confidence with real talent. Next year he can center Slaf and Bedard :D if he does well offensively

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Worst part is that you forgot Byron and Ylonen is deserving of a spot, or at least a try
If Roy or Heineman impress out of camp, we're ready to build 2 bad team for more chance at Bedard
I literally had to look up our roster with all the changes. With cap issues and excess players, HuGo will almost certainly be selling off some forwards.

Reactions: Milhouse40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad