Next up and coming Goalie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolburnIsGone

Cam Ward is missing from that list as well. And if I had to pick from that list, it would be Toivonen.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Lundqvist is missing, id replace Montoya with him, Montoya will be in the AHL next season. Well see how he does there with some defense in front of him...

I'd pick Toivonen from that list though.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Lundqvist, maybe he will do where Tellqvist failed... Show that play in the swedish league can translate to the NHL. I think he will, too much talent to not do well...

Vic Rattlehead*

Toivonen (although I am biased), but his play in the AHL last season was exceptional, especially considering he was playing behing an awful defence.

habs_24x

Sep 12, 2002
montreal
Visit site
19bruins19 said:
Toivonen (although I am biased), but his play in the AHL last season was exceptional, especially considering he was playing behing an awful defence.

what do you suggest doing with Raycroft? hes young, extremely solid and has more experience than Toivonen... kind of looks like Theo and Garon, we had to chose one of them because the other was clearly a #1 also... i just hope we did the right choice

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
CanadianCat said:
Besides Fleury and Lehtonen, who would you all say is the next Number 1 stopper between the pipes?

Ryan Miller?
Hannu Toivonen?
Al Montoya?
Marek Schwarz?
Devin Dubnyk?
Corey Price?

I'm sure i'm missing somebody as its early and im bored haha
Cheers! :propeller

Montoya, Dubnyk, and Schwarz will be lucky if they ever see the light of day in the NHL because they are all known to be mentally poor goalies.

Miller should be the Sabres starter this year, and Toivonen should be ready to push Andrew Raycroft pretty soon.

Price is still very, very young, but easily has the best upside out of all thease goalies.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Mackattack said:
Montoya, Dubnyk, and Schwarz will be lucky if they ever see the light of day in the NHL because they are all known to be mentally poor goalies.

Miller should be the Sabres starter this year, and Toivonen should be ready to push Andrew Raycroft pretty soon.

Price is still very, very young, but easily has the best upside out of all thease goalies.
Homer

I haven't heard poor mentality out of Montoya, IIRC He kinda sorta won a WJC with the US. You gotta have something good going on in your head to beat a stacked Canadian team

Large_Farva*

futurcorerock said:
Homer

I haven't heard poor mentality out of Montoya, IIRC He kinda sorta won a WJC with the US. You gotta have something good going on in your head to beat a stacked Canadian team

Yeah, just a homer pulling crap out of his anus, don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad