Next Possible Rangers Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I can't see them bringing him back. JG would not comment on his job security, that alone speaks volumes, then you throw in the Hank factor where Hank wouldn't comment on AV, McKenzie and Brooks both said AV was not on board with the rebuild and Jeff's philosophy. Then you throw in the rebuild, the kids, the fan pressure ... I mean I cannot paint a scenario he returns.
What did Henrik say?

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
No. The organization is being tight-lipped about it, as they should be. We have the non-answer from GMJG earlier in the month and that's about it. That, and just general assumptions he'll be gone since this year was mostly a **** show.

I have my doubts.
I mean, I also provided information directly from personal that spoke with Rangers brass specifically about AV being here next year and I am told that they are getting rid of AV and his affiliated coaches, the phrased used was "cleaning house" when I spoke to him. I even made sure to vet this through the mods before posting it as "insider" information.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
What did Henrik say?
https://nypost.com/2018/03/12/how-henrik-lundqvist-is-dealing-with-the-season-that-wont-end/

“It came up once between us,” Lundqvist said Monday. “I understand his angle, sort of. When I look back on my season, the first half I felt as good as I had in years. I felt really sharp. But then as a team when we started to go left and right, my game wasn’t as consistent for a couple of weeks. So he definitely had a point about that. Beyond that, we can leave it there.”

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Rotoworld:

Bill Peters reportedly won't be returning as the Hurricanes' head coach for the 2018-19 campaign.
Peters does have a season left on his contract beyond this one, so he'd have to get fired. We'll have to wait to see if that's the case, but we doubt anyone would be shocked if the Hurricanes announced after the season that Peters had been relieved of his duties. He's wrapping up his fourth season as the team's bench boss and the Hurricanes haven't made the playoffs over that span. It's rare that a coach is allowed to stay on for a fifth season after four campaigns without a playoff berth, even in situations where the team itself was rebuilding during part of that stretch.

Reactions: RGY

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
Rotoworld:

Bill Peters reportedly won't be returning as the Hurricanes' head coach for the 2018-19 campaign.
Peters does have a season left on his contract beyond this one, so he'd have to get fired. We'll have to wait to see if that's the case, but we doubt anyone would be shocked if the Hurricanes announced after the season that Peters had been relieved of his duties. He's wrapping up his fourth season as the team's bench boss and the Hurricanes haven't made the playoffs over that span. It's rare that a coach is allowed to stay on for a fifth season after four campaigns without a playoff berth, even in situations where the team itself was rebuilding during part of that stretch.
WHAT???

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Hire him the minute he's fired.

I know the Hurricanes aren't the beacon of stability, but the fact that he hasn't made the playoffs in any of his seasons on the bench gives room for pause. He's less than .500. I don't know how many coaches who have missed the playoffs in four seasons should be hired the minute they're fired.

Last edited:

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I know the Hurricanes aren't the beacon of stability, but the fact that he hasn't made the playoffs in any of his seasons on the bench gives room for pause. He's less than .500. I don't know how many coaches who have missed the playoffs in four seasons should be hired the minute one's fired.
Cap floorish team year in and year out that's gotten atrocious goaltending.

Give him resources. Fantastic coach

Reactions: Phoicon

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
I know the Hurricanes aren't the beacon of stability, but the fact that he hasn't made the playoffs in any of his seasons on the bench gives room for pause. He's less than .500. I don't know how many coaches who have missed the playoffs in four seasons should be hired the minute one's fired.

Don't let your memes be dreams!

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
I can't see them bringing him back. JG would not comment on his job security, that alone speaks volumes, then you throw in the Hank factor where Hank wouldn't comment on AV
Remember when AV left hank out to dry in those games where the D was nowhere to be found?

Revenge is a b}tch Alain.

Reactions: Bozle

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
This is an outstanding video on Keefe. Really emphasizes the fundamentals all while coaching each player differently who have different skillsets and different needs.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
Can we get a coach that makes the players finish their checks and rolls 4 lines and gets Dmen to play tough against, also stop dump and chase and concentrate on puck posession, passing and stickhandling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad