Next Possible Rangers Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
If the Rangrest final get rid of AV like we all hope whom would you like as the next coach.

My choice would be:

Sheldon Keefe of the Toronto Marlies--he' great with young players and his record speaks for itself.

Anyone else have a good choice.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
If Chicago decides to move on from Joel Quenneville after their disastrous season I would love him here.

I would think this might be the way the Rangers go. Lots of rumors Q will be let go. Great coach whom would help with the re-build.

Few weeks ago I even heard a crazy rumor of Q and AV switching places.

Personally if we'e building a young team I would like a young coach to be there hopefully when the team becomes very good. Wouldn' want to be changing coaches every few years and I'm not sure how much longer Q wants to coach.

All in all good choice.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'd have to question Quenneville coming here. Is he a guy that's better with a team that can contend than retool/rebuild?

The Keefe/Thompson ideas IMO might be the best way to go. Young successful coaches who are used to working with younger players/prospects.

Reactions: VNR

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
Didn't the team have Filip Pesan at the rookie camp over the summer? Czech WJC coach and has coached Liberec in the Czech Republic for the past 3 years. He's probably a dark horse but possible.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Didn't the team have Filip Pesan at the rookie camp over the summer? Czech WJC coach and has coached Liberec in the Czech Republic for the past 3 years. He's probably a dark horse but possible.
Don't want Pesan doesn't seem like he's a fan of Chytil with how he used him in the World Juniors.
I'd really like Sheldon Keefe, he did amazing job developing all the Kids with the Marlies

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Will honestly be shocked if it's anyone but AV behind the bench in October, unless Hank does what he does, which he's earned the right to do. I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.

It won't be Keefe, though. We need to get over that. He's not a Rangers hire, and I think Toronto does what it takes to keep him within their organization.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
NYR_HC_Wiseman_2.jpg

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Want my conspiracy theory? Benoit Groulx. He’s the coach of thr Syracuse Crunch and we just made a franchise-altering trade with Tampa’s system. I’m speculating wildly because of the whole Drury trip to that game, but Groulx has done well with Syracuse and has success with the Olympiques in the Q, winning coach of the year and a championship there. Has two stints coaching the AHL, and one was with Rochester. Lindy Ruff was the coach of the Sabres then.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see us draft his son at the end of the 1st or early 2nd.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Want my conspiracy theory? Benoit Groulx. He’s the coach of thr Syracuse Crunch and we just made a franchise-altering trade with Tampa’s system. I’m speculating wildly because of the whole Drury trip to that game, but Groulx has done well with Syracuse and has success with the Olympiques in the Q, winning coach of the year and a championship there. Has two stints coaching the AHL, and one was with Rochester. Lindy Ruff was the coach of the Sabres then.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see us draft his son at the end of the 1st or early 2nd.
We have to draft his son then

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Why do you think that?
Regarding what? Keefe or Quinn

If it’s Keefe, similar to what silverfish said, he doesn’t scream Rangers hire to me.

He’s a solid coach and I would love him here but I think they look elsewhere

Quinn seems like a Rangers hire, and a Gorton guy

Reactions: Fvital92

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I wouldn't expect Toronto to block Keefe if an NHL team wanted to hire him. Mike Babcock has years ahead of him with the NHL franchise. They might not be happy about his leaving but I do think they'd let him go.

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->