Confirmed with Link: Next head coach for VGK will be..... Cassidy

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

And at 57 he could have a longer tenure than some of the older coaches.

LOL age doesn't have much at all to do with the constant NHL coach turnover.

He's still unlikely to last much more than four years here. As is any coach anywhere.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I think Cassidy is a great fit for you guys, and I'm happy he landed with a team I like. I would take any reports about his flaws coming from the Boston media with a grain of salt. They tend to publish hit jobs on any player/coach that's leaving the city. Cassidy did nothing but win behind the bench in Boston. I'm on board with the change because he was one of the longest tenured coaches in the league and I do think players need a new voice every once in a while, but he is indisputably a good coach.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Congrats. You guys will probably have a Cup within the next 5 years, if not sooner. Butch is a great coach.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
He's a good coach. Be nice to him. :D

Asking Vegas to be nice to him...good one.

giphy.gif

:sarcasm:

Here's hoping he can help kids like Brisson and Dorofeyev (and Dugan) in the next couple of seasons (unless there's an unlikely scenario in which they get traded :sarcasm:).

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I like it. What I really like is it's a change of tact as opposed to someone like Trotz, (not saying he's bad or wouldn't do well here) he is largely more of the same.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Good luck to Bruce, he was well liked by fans and media members in Boston, not easy in an Original Six market. It's a great spot for him, although his backyard rink may have to be of the roller variety.

1655260933681.png

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
PDB hire was in season. I don't recall there were any other openings at that time. Not sure who was available (but not currently employed as coach).

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Looks like Cassidy is more popular with his latest team than PDB was when he got here so that’s nice to see.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
PDB hire was in season. I don't recall there were any other openings at that time. Not sure who was available (but not currently employed as coach).
My comment was more about what Graney would say than the condition of the market then. Geez.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere and it flew under the radar.

John Stevens hired as one of Cassidy's new assistants. He was the head coach of LA when Vegas swept them and coached Philly over a decade ago.

New bench bosses are set then. Does this mean Donskov is behind the bench next season?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad