Confirmed with Link: Next head coach for VGK will be..... Cassidy

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Paywall. Granger has the following suggestions:

Barry Trotz (out in NYI)
Rick Tocchet (currently working for TNT)
Paul Maurice (but he might have to be talked out of retirement)
John Tortorella
Rikard Gronborg (Sweden)
Spencer Carbery (TML assistant)
Joel Quenneville (would need to be reinstated by commissioner)
Cam Abbott

In house, possibility of promoting Manny Viveros?

Reactions: RapidKnight

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
In house, possibility of promoting Manny Viveros?
HSK has been a team which succeeded on first year mainly thanks to Thompson's saves. When it came to shots on goal, they were dominated by opponents on that category both last and also this season on most matches. And when this season HSK had worse goaltenders, results were poor. All in all, I have watched all HSK games on first two seasons and haven't been impressed about Viveiros' coaching abilities. VGK would have even more troubles to produce offence if he would be a coach. Instead, I expect that also Silver Knights gets a new coach for next season.

Reactions: RapidKnight

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Babcock, Green, Julien, Quinn, and Montgomery are other possibilities although none seem likely.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Maurice would be terrible. There's all kinds of legit sources saying how bad the Jets locker room has been for years, and he couldn't get them straightened out.

As for Tocchet...:huh:
How right has Tocchet been with his predictions on TNT? Lol

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
It does seem to add up. The timing of the firing seemed to make it clear some deal had been in the works. What could they have discovered two weeks after the season that made them decide PDB had to go? Almost screams out someone else gave you the signals to do it.

Trotz is a good coach for a less talented team that needs to be built into a winner. Maybe the Isles got a little too veteran heavy at the end, but this doesn't feel like a great fit for the moment. Maybe if the idea is to dump some contracts and get some short term veterans in for the moment then I'd buy it. He'd like Stone and Petro, not sure how he'd handle Misfits or Eichel.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
It does seem to add up. The timing of the firing seemed to make it clear some deal had been in the works. What could they have discovered two weeks after the season that made them decide PDB had to go? Almost screams out someone else gave you the signals to do it.

Trotz is a good coach for a less talented team that needs to be built into a winner. Maybe the Isles got a little too veteran heavy at the end, but this doesn't feel like a great fit for the moment. Maybe if the idea is to dump some contracts and get some short term veterans in for the moment then I'd buy it. He'd like Stone and Petro, not sure how he'd handle Misfits or Eichel.
As I said, I'd like to try a coach who is not a retread. I think with Stone and Petro, we have enough veterans so that a rookie coach won't be taken advantage of, and might bring a new and refreshing style. Trotz made Nashville competitive with little talent for years, but his style is too much like PDB for my taste.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
As I said, I'd like to try a coach who is not a retread. I think with Stone and Petro, we have enough veterans so that a rookie coach won't be taken advantage of, and might bring a new and refreshing style. Trotz made Nashville competitive with little talent for years, but his style is too much like PDB for my taste.
I think most share that view. Unfortunately we have an organization that keeps doing unpopular things. They are who they are and until a wholesale top to bottom change comes it's hard to see such an outside the box decision coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad