News Article: News & Notes XXXIII: hockey pending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Rod has said he doesn’t want to clog the ice. We already have 8 defenders with 13 forwards, not including Pesce. I would expect Bean and, maybe, Keane to be added. If. If, another forward is added it is Bishop, not Bokk.

They are going to need to find ways to get 4 goalies ice time already. Put together 5th and 6th lines to keep Ned and Forsberg fresh and they will get some ice time even if it's after practice.
10 D (I still don't expect Pesce) with Bean and Keane still leaves room for 18 forwards.

I'm a little surprised Suzuki isn't getting mentioned just to get him some extra time with the big club as well. I expect we will see a shortened training camp next year to fit everything in, so now is the time to get a glimpse at some kids like Bokk and Suzuki.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
They are going to need to find ways to get 4 goalies ice time already. Put together 5th and 6th lines to keep Ned and Forsberg fresh and they will get some ice time even if it's after practice.
10 D (I still don't expect Pesce) with Bean and Keane still leaves room for 18 forwards.

I'm a little surprised Suzuki isn't getting mentioned just to get him some extra time with the big club as well. I expect we will see a shortened training camp next year to fit everything in, so now is the time to get a glimpse at some kids like Bokk and Suzuki.

Agreed, this is as good a time as any to bring Bokk over, see what he looks like and determine if next year would be better spent in Europe or North America.

Also, do not rush Pesce back. You have 8 capable defenseman without him. Let him heal, unless he’s really really ready.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

I think getting the guys in shape for a playoff run we weren’t positive we were going to have this year is going to be the overwhelming priority to Rod over seeing kids he has no intention of using. The whole point is winning a cup, and this team prioritizes that over prospects for sure. Training camp is exactly the situation where you check out new kids. That’s where you earn a job whether it’s short or not, especially under Rod. We have scouts that know pretty much where the kids are.

I’m not saying I completely agree, but this falls in line with Rod in general. I could see us carrying the max through the early season next year if a couple of kids play well enough to warrant longer looks.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I saw somewhere yesterday they were thinking about 2 weeks training camp at home bases and roughly a week in the bubble to finish up and play the exhibition games. We'll see if that ends up being the case. That would put the start at the beginning of August.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Where have the Hurricanes gone and what will training look...

Per Sara's latest article, the players who have stayed in Raleigh throughout the break are: Williams, Staal, Slavin, Svechnikov, Hamilton, and Trocheck (also TVR/McGinn/Dzingle in spurts).

Most of these have been posted but it is interesting/nice to see Trocheck and Hamilton sticking around. I guess Trocheck is getting settled in after the move. Dougie sticking around the facilities is a positive for his recovery and potential contract extension.

Last edited:

ClarkBolzano

Oct 12, 2018
Is there any information how the Canes players trained during lock down? ....how did Svech train for example?

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad