News & Notes XLIII: Cam Ward is a Cute lil 10 Year Old

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
The fanbase would leave in droves.
I would probably have to check out mentally from the team for a while. His time in Charlotte left a sour taste, he found ways to make the team function lesser than the sum of its parts. Checkers PP regularly looked like the Hurricanes in the playoffs, but all-season long, just mind-numbingly boring, uncreative hockey.

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Necas will join the Czech team in the currently ongoing IIHF Worlds in his homecountry. Expected to play against UK in Saturday per the Czech media.

More often than not, guys without NHL contracts for the next season will not go take the risk of injury.
As much as he'd rather not be available to play I'm sure it's hard to turn down a chance to play at home.

Reactions: geehaad and Lempo

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
First off season priority should be to fire Jeff Daniels...into the sun. There should be zero reason our PP falls apart every year the minute opposing teams have even a little time to study it
I wonder if he gets bumped over to the Wolves head job. I'd prefer a different direction, but that might be the easiest path for Rod to "soft fire" a long-time friend.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I wonder if he gets bumped over to the Wolves head job. I'd prefer a different direction, but that might be the easiest path for Rod to "soft fire" a long-time friend.
Yea, let's engrain when they're young the worst PP tactics imaginable so they're ready to telegraph perimeter passes into oblivion before they get a callup!!

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte

Good God no. He was the Checkers coach. I watched him many times behind the bench. Always the same dull look on his face. The Checkers as a whole started playing a lot better after he left and that was with something like 3 different coaches.

It's time to move on, as in no longer part of the organization.

I don't know what Mike Velluchi and Ulf Samuelson are doing but I'd rather roll with them again before I go with Daniels.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I don't know what Mike Velluchi and Ulf Samuelson are doing but I'd rather roll with them again before I go with Daniels.
Vellucci moved from scranton/Wilks-Barre to a Penguins assistant coach spot.

I think he's a candidate when they move on from Sullivan, at least as an interim.

Ulf hasn't coached in 3 years and is 60. I think it's safe to call him retired.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Because it's childish and makes the team and fanbase look bad. They're running it like it's their own personal account.
who honestly cares what other people think about the fan base or the team? they arent going to care for the team even if we were up tight prudes. Its all about generating views for the team. Its gimmicky but social media views are important these days. nhl sure isnt driving that train with its up tightness.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Necas will join the Czech team in the currently ongoing IIHF Worlds in his homecountry. Expected to play against UK in Saturday per the Czech media.

More often than not, guys without NHL contracts for the next season will not go take the risk of injury.
I think in his case there’s some national pride and he doesn’t often get to play, plus he can showcase himself in a system likely to be much more friendly for his style. I would bet pro scouts are watching for just that reason.

First off season priority should be to fire Jeff Daniels...into the sun. There should be zero reason our PP falls apart every year the minute opposing teams have even a little time to study it
Rod is likely loyal to Daniels to the end.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
who honestly cares what other people think about the fan base or the team? they arent going to care for the team even if we were up tight prudes. Its all about generating views for the team. Its gimmicky but social media views are important these days. nhl sure isnt driving that train with its up tightness.

I guess I do, for one thing it's the official team account and it represents the team and the fanbase. I expect some professionalism here. That doesn't mean they can't be clever or funny but shit like "They're so mad 🤣 " to taking the picture of the Florida Panther logo that a young fan drew and drawing a big L on it and a teardrop, to now engaging with Islanders trolls and responding to "lol New York sucks" among other things, isnt funny or clever. It makes them look like douchebags quite honestly. FFS they're even getting snippy with other Canes fans telling them to knock it off.

Unsurprisingly too, the "Cry" thing blew up in their faces. Sometimes silence is golden. This is such an example

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I guess I do, for one thing it's the official team account and it represents the team and the fanbase. I expect some professionalism here. That doesn't mean they can't be clever or funny but shit like "They're so mad 🤣 " to taking the picture of the Florida Panther logo that a young fan drew and drawing a big L on it and a teardrop, to now engaging with Islanders trolls and responding to "lol New York sucks" among other things, isnt funny or clever. It makes them look like douchebags quite honestly. FFS they're even getting snippy with other Canes fans telling them to knock it off.

Unsurprisingly too, the "Cry" thing blew up in their faces. Sometimes silence is golden. This is such an example
+1

I’m fine with being socially engaged and returning fire but let’s take a high road sometimes. We weren’t supposed to be actual jerks.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

I mean it clearly is run by someone with high school humor mentality.

There is an audience for it. It's the kind of people who consume all their entertainment on TikTok and Instagram where any engagement is good engagement.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
While the twitter antics is not my cup of tea, I really DGAF. If some fans in NY don't like us because of the Canes Twitter is being obnoxious, it has zero impact on me and my fandom. If Fans in NY think negatively on our fanbase because of it, it has zero impact on me as most of them think negatively about us anyhow.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Shocking, I know
Every generation acts like they invented shit-posting.

Badgers_Badgers.gif

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
Yea, let's engrain when they're young the worst PP tactics imaginable so they're ready to telegraph perimeter passes into oblivion before they get a callup!!
How many NHL level players did he develop during his time in CLT? Brandon Sutter? While there was some questionable drafting by the JR regime you would think at least one first or second line talent would have found its way up from the AHL at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad