News Around the League: Preseason underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
Zajac is way overpaid, I'd love to see anyone justify his overpaid contract.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How about Dustin Brown? That's one of the worst contracts in the league.

Paid more than Zajac per year just slightly, and has been even worse offensively for longer.

On pace for another sub 30 point season last I saw, and is signed for another 6 (7?) years after this?

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore

Maybe he should be out for a few more weeks. This team was god awful without him.

It could be worse, we could have Dave Bolland at the same salary.

For what he brings, he's pretty much at what his market value should be.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe he should be out for a few more weeks. This team was god awful without him.

It could be worse, we could have Dave Bolland at the same salary.

For what he brings, he's pretty much at what his market value should be.

Oh god, how could I forget Dave ''I'm probably going to be bought out this summer'' Bolland?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
How about Dustin Brown? That's one of the worst contracts in the league.

Paid more than Zajac per year just slightly, and has been even worse offensively for longer.

On pace for another sub 30 point season last I saw, and is signed for another 6 (7?) years after this?

Dustin Brown still plays for the Kings? :sarcasm:

But seriously I kind of did forget about his existence, he's been that irrelevant since 2012.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dustin Brown still plays for the Kings? :sarcasm:

But seriously I kind of did forget about his existence, he's been that irrelevant since 2012.
I think he was even worse at offense the last two years than Mike Richards, or at least he was in 2013-2014.

And Clarkson is definitely the worst contract in the league. Nothing comes close. He wasn't even paid on multiple seasons worth of work, he was paid off one fluke 30 goal season and 15 good games in the lockout season.

He still hasn't even matched Ryane Clowe's point output since the start of each of their contracts, and he's played over twice as many games.:laugh:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
In the future let's keep past Devils draft second guessing out of ATL and keep WJC talk where it belongs in the prospect threads.

downtown56

Mar 5, 2008
The #Oilers have acquired forward Zack Kassian from @CanadiensMTL in exchange for goaltender Ben Scrivens.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The #Oilers have acquired forward Zack Kassian from @CanadiensMTL in exchange for goaltender Ben Scrivens.

Nice! Just in time for when we play them next week and lose to that POS scrub like always!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

The Bruins staff under Peter Chiarelli was high on Kassian from the 2009 Draft. There was some miscommunication, but Boston thought Toronto had offered Tomas Kaberle and pick #7 for Phil Kessel. Boston then would have taken Kassian with #7. Chiarelli can take a low risk gamble on Kassian now with Edmonton.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

I've asked you numerous times without an answer

what SHOULD Zajac's contract have been?

it amuses me that people don't realize that what he makes is basically the going rate for 2nd line centers nowadays. the cap is not $40 million anymore, people

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
David Rundblad on waivers. Really wish I could dig up the original main board thread when he was dealt for Kyle Turris. It seemed like a vast majority of people preferred Rundblad at the time. Microcosm of the new hotness/old and busted mentality which was especially funny since most folks seemed unaware that Turris was all of 14 months older than Rundblad.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
David Rundblad on waivers. Really wish I could dig up the original main board thread when he was dealt for Kyle Turris. It seemed like a vast majority of people preferred Rundblad at the time. Microcosm of the new hotness/old and busted mentality which was especially funny since most folks seemed unaware that Turris was all of 14 months older than Rundblad.

What about the Rundblad for #16 which became Tarasenko?

Amazing he didn't amount to anything more though, the numbers he put up in the SEL were incredible. Maybe he and Larsson can rework some of that old magic.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Has Condon really fell off so bad that they want Scrivens? Maybe he's just there to replace Tokarski, who has been absolutely and utterly abysmal?

Scrivens in the AHL this year has been worse than Scott Wedgewood and worse than Keith Kinkaid has been in the NHL. Also worse than Condon in the NHL this year.

.893 save percentage in 10 AHL games this year. Pretty sure he's been Bakersfield's backup. That guy sucks every bit as bad as he looked last year, it was more him than the Oilers defense being bad. Maybe he'd be a good backup and he's just not an NHL starter? Who knows? He was every bit as bad in the NHL as his numbers looked last year. Constantly let in backbreakers in the first minute.

I hope if we play him next week, we make him look like the scrub that he is, instead of like some superstar like usual.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I'd claim Gomer, he would help the PP and our overall puck possession and scoring chances.
Gomer always feel comfortable in a Devils jersey and he will play better here than in STL IMO.

Then we can waive Ruutu, Tlusty or Tootoo.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
8 pts in 21 games. Better than Josefson and Gionta! haha

Actually though... if we had last year's Gomez as our third line center... it would be a big upgrade for us.

If Gomez had received the kind of ice time and line mates JJ had to start the season, I think he would have substantially more points than JJ. A decrepit Gomez is still a better player than prime JJ.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Yeah, why not since he's an UFA at season's end.

I think he'll get claimed before Shero gets a chance anyway.

Check out his numbers. They are actually impressive. He's 26. He had 5 seasons of 40+ points in Edmonton. Then 38 points in the shortened season and 37 points in 67 games when hew as injured the following year. 41 points in 81 games with Arizona last season. He would be worth the pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad