News Around the League: Preseason underway

Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Gagner has worn out his welcome on HOW many teams now? yet people want to claim him? :laugh: alrighty!

Are you serious? He played SEVEN seasons in Edmonton. He was traded because of the prospects they were drafting. He had 41 points on a bad Arizona team last season and had this year in Philly. You call that wearing out your welcome with "HOW many teams"

By that logic, Cammalleri, Stempniak, and Moore are bums we shouldn't have picked up.

But okay... let's have it your way. Jacob Josefson is GREAT and should be our third line center.

I agree with most of what you say... but this is ludicrous.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
if Sam Gagner was such a gr8 player as you said, he wouldn't be on freaking waivers.

Sure, he's had a slow start... but he's been a consistent 40+ point player. His 5 points is better than Ruutu, Matteau, O'Neill, Kennedy, Gionta, Farnham, and Tlusty. He would be an upgrade to the worst bottom six in the NHL (ours)... and he's 26 and a UFA at the end of the season.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I wouldn't mind claiming Gagner. His contract is a bit big, but isn't he a UFA at the end of the season, so that really wouldn't effect us beyond this season, and he's a better player than most of our bottom six.

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
I'd also be willing to claim Gagner. He can't be worse than what we've already got on the 3rd and 4th lines, and to us his cap hit is irrelevant given it expires soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad