News Around the League: 2017-2018 During and AFTER THE CUP

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
He's a ****ing liar then.

"Stanley cup competitor" my ass. Do they even have money to pay him? There are so many other places he could go. **** that liar. I didn't hate him as much before but now he's pissing me off

They did clear a lot of cap space with their liquidation at the trade deadline. I almost hope he goes there at this point then it'll at least debunk the nonsense that he's coming back for anything other than attention and a paycheck.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
Typicaly, Kovalchuck and typical NYR.

Let him rot with that team. He's not what he once was. Watch that bad back break down after a grueling NHL schedule.

It is funny if this report is true, how his mother/family said he'd be back to chase for a stanley cup.

Reactions: Bleedred

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
Lol you guys aren't seeing the big picture. I only care about them signing him because they are getting a free asset. They will flip him and some stupid team will overpay for his ass.

Other then that, I don't really care if he plays for them.

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
They did clear a lot of cap space with their liquidation at the trade deadline. I almost hope he goes there at this point then it'll at least debunk the nonsense that he's coming back for anything other than attention and a paycheck.

Sure, but they finished the season with about 5 million in cap space.... and they have to re-sign Spooner, Namestnikov, Vesey, Hayes, Skjei, Gilmour, Sproul, and Nieves while also picking up a backup goalie.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
The worst team he could go to for a Devils fan.

My Rangers supporting friends are going to troll the hell out of me if it becomes true. Kovy turns 35 next week and then can be free to go whatever team he wants.

the Rangers are going to suck for a few years while we are a team on the rise. Who really cares what they do? I actually hope he goes there because they aren't winning crap

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Sure, but they finished the season with about 5 million in cap space.... and they have to re-sign Spooner, Namestnikov, Vesey, Hayes, Skjei, Gilmour, Sproul, and Nieves while also picking up a backup goalie.

Well they have $25 million in cap space next year on CapFriendly but Spooner, Hayes, Namestinkov, Vesey and Skjei are all RFA and will take a chunk of that. After that they need a couple of forwards and a backup goalie. They COULD fit the merc in but it'd be tight atm, it'd be amusing to see them have to make another trade or two to fit him in.

And btw the Russian merc turns 35 in a week and his KHL season is over so hopefully finally we're headed toward a resolution soon enough.

Last edited:

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
what cap space though? 9M?

New York Rangers 2017 Salary Cap

supposedly he's asking for 6M, and if that's true, it's really gonna screw them up. which is nice.

i hope people find out what a snake he is

Reactions: vtdevils2k

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
what cap space though? 9M?

New York Rangers 2017 Salary Cap

supposedly he's asking for 6M, and if that's true, it's really gonna screw them up. which is nice.

i hope people find out what a snake he is

New York Rangers 2018 Salary Cap

That's this year, you have to look at 2018-19, but that doesn't have the RFA's in it either. Skjei is the only d-man they need to sign, they can just bring back Brendan Smith and ice their current d-core. After a couple million for Skjei and the backup goalie then you factor in the RFA contracts for the forwards, then he signs with whatever room's left.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hahahaha...at least if they sign him we won't have to hear about the Grabner going back there nonsense.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Rangers get an exciting player to distract from their rebuild. Kovalchuk gets to play at MSG. Match made in heaven.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Eh Kovy

enttw1.png

Reactions: Azathoth

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
How will they afford Tavares, Nash and Carlson??

Unless they all take team friendly deals to play at the world's most overrated arena brought to you by Chase because it's every players dream to play there on their shit ice in front of their silent crowd

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
His contract not being on the books (well barely) was one of the better things to happen to this team. I don’t really care one way or another, I enjoyed that 11-12 run and am glad the Devils don’t have to deal with that contract

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Rangers don't really have all this cap space that everyone keeps mentioning

Skjei, Namestnikov, Spooner, Vesey, and Hayes all need new contracts (among others)

ruskidevil14

Feb 23, 2017
are the rangers even allowed to talk to him yet? or is this tampering and we get compensation? say like a scott stevens? ok fine ill settle for brady skjei

Reactions: OmNomNom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad