News Around the League 2016-17 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Tears a guy up

sANiDMm.jpg

I never realized that Julien really does look like him haha.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So I was just checking on Werenski.

He's 19 years old, with a July B-day. b4 this year he played 2 years at U of M. So he was 17 yrs old for like the entirety of his freshman season of college? Is my math right on that?

25pts in 35 games as a 17 yr old frosh. 36 in 36 as an 18 yr old soph.

Geez, I never realized that.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ

He's 19 years old, with a July B-day. b4 this year he played 2 years at U of M. So he was 17 yrs old for like the entirety of his freshman season of college? Is my math right on that?

Great pick by Castron.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Werenski did extensive summer school to get into college early: http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/a...join-the-michigan-wolverines-as-a-17-year-old

Great pick by Castron.

Columbus head scout Ville Siren is also based in Ann Arbor and got to announce the pick. Spotted him at the USNTDP game I went to in 2014.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Flyers rookie Konecny out 4 weeks with a leg injury.

He's having a very good season but there were concerns prior to the 2015 draft that his aggressive style would not suit his small frame longterm in the NHL.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
Flyers rookie Konecny out 4 weeks with a leg injury.

He's having a very good season but there were concerns prior to the 2015 draft that his aggressive style would not suit his small frame longterm in the NHL.

Everyone knew he was a very good player with skills and a supreme engine but this was he's biggest weakness. That's why you rank players on how they will perform over long stretches and not by their first 2-3 years.

Would I love to have konecny, no doubt but this comes with him also

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Red Wings owner Mike Ilitch has passed away.

Rest in peace to him. Kind of weird that he died the same year the Red Wings (in all likelihood) miss the playoffs for the first time in almost 25 years.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hah I thought only Lou was allowed to bring coaches back, I admit I like the Habs' chances a bit better with Julien than Therrien.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Sweeny must really not think highly of Claude at all to allow him to sign with MTL

From what I've heard Neely is the one who has wanted Julien gone for a while now, so if anything I think Sweeney might be the reason he didn't get fired earlier.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
What contract? It was terminated.

A team can't fire you and then restrict your employment options.

Yes they can. We fired Deboer but San Jose still needed to ask to speak with him.

Im guessing its in coaches contacts. The money is likely guaranteed for the remainder of the contact unless the coach signs somewhere else. Then it comes off the books from the team that fired said coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad