GDT: New York Rangers vs Boston Bruins on MSG at 5:45 PM Game 1 of Preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Quick did not look good

We’ve got nothing on D outside of the 6 starters and that’s terrifying. I mean nothing. Jones Harpur Robertson Emberson are all bad.

Riley Nash I don’t know why he got a contract.

Positives

Thought laf looked solid I don’t know why you think he’d be flying all over the ice in the first preseason game of the year.

Chytil is going to be a stud if he can ever stay healthy. He has everything you want. Excited to see him in the top 6

Sykora I love him. Cuylle too. Brodzinki played a great game too.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Just wait til game 30 and we're in a rut and Quick will make the best "guys, coach is right" speech.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Quick did not look good

We’ve got nothing on D outside of the 6 starters and that’s terrifying. I mean nothing. Jones Harpur Robertson Emberson are all bad.

Riley Nash I don’t know why he got a contract.

Positives

Thought laf looked solid I don’t know why you think he’d be flying all over the ice in the first preseason game of the year.

Chytil is going to be a stud if he can ever stay healthy. He has everything you want. Excited to see him in the top 6

Sykora I love him. Cuylle too. Brodzinki played a great game too.

Jones was comfortable with the puck, i thought he played well but he's still dealing with obvious size issues, and that's tough for a 3rd pair dman. The rest i agree with minus Brodzinski, i mean he is what he is i guess, he's an AHL player, he isnt changing this teams fortune if he gets better or worse.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I have my legitimate concerns about Quick.

I don't think he was ever all that great. He had one phenomenal season and a few good ones in an era where 2-1 games were commonplace.

All told, he's saved 3.7 goals above average in his entire career. Halak has saved 76.3.

Halak wasn't very good for the first half of the season either, older players, likelt take some time, not to say i agree with the signing cus i don't but I'm willing to let him get comfortable before writing him off.

Reactions: egelband

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
tbh i didn't think Laf was that bad. He didn't stand out positively as much as I was hoping for, but besides Sykora, nobody really did imo. Lots of JAGs or worse tonight though

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Best players of the game:

Chytil, Laffy, Jones, Berard. Domingue, Belizile.

Quick looked particularly bad. I'd say we carried the play despite the score.

A bunch of players that one would hope would look good, didn't look great. Schneids included. But it's 3rd day of camp so whatevs.
Sykora and Cuylle was noticeable too. Thought both played well.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Honestly, though, on Lafreniere -

this is the kind of game that concerns me. He should be standing out in a game full of scrubs and he just doesn't. I mean, it's day 4 of training camp but he should've been flying from the gate IMHO.
When are people going to come to terms with the fact that this just ain’t gonna happen? He doesn’t stand out because he’s not that good. It just is what it is.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
quick looked bad but it's a preseason game and he's been around a long time, so not putting any stock in that performance. will wait until he's had a couple reg season games to form any opinion, but the way he looked last year definitely has me worried.

really can't take much from the game at all, but thought laf/chytil/cuylle played well, especially chytil. sykora made some nice plays and was noticeable. liked schneiders presence out there, didn't do much of note but looked confident with the puck and just carried himself differently than his first 2 years in a good way.

overall thought the style of play was noticeably more active and gives some reason for optimism about what the finished product can look like with the full roster. other than that, good to see the bright spots play well and no one get hurt.

Reactions: egelband

hi

Sell sell sell
May 23, 2008
Sather signed Quick just so he can get revenge and send him to the AHL

• Haha
Reactions: gabevh3

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
It's quite the show of incompetence their engineering teams have put on the last number of years. nothing works, the UI gets worse, functionality is constantly broken and freezing. Incredible they all still have jobs
didnt u hear? gotta have bigger fonts, less function, and more streamlined interface for the average hockey fan with 55IQ and thumbs bigger than todd white's forehead.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Every single fan who watched the game tonight 100% expected to see someone who looks improved after a summer of working out and developing more.

Our first overall draft pick, three seasons in and widely criticized with his development so far, coming off a summer where many hoped he would look different than last season, looked just as every bit elementary in this game as he has the past couple seasons.

Sad and depressing. I am hoping he proves myself and many others wrong, but I still think this kid is at best a career 3rd liner.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Also, he's had no experience being "the guy" on the PP in years since being drafted. That's the Rangers fault. They failed to develop him right. I've been saying it for years. They waited until now to figure out they should treat their number one overall pick like a number one overall pick, years after his draft. And we wonder why he's behind in his development.
I didn't get to see the game even though NHL just took my renewal payment... But anyhow I thought it's good they dressed 13 and 72 as the only decent vets. Puts the pressure and responsibility on their shoulders. Forces them into the spotlight. Good experience, if nothing else. And a bit of a statement from the coaching staff.

Reactions: Slaydagnar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad