GDT: New York Rangers - Vancouver Canucks 10 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It`s important to look forward and see into the future, and with only 19 games left of our game schedule. Anyhow I know many are fond of tanking to get best possible draft position and what all that involves, but it`s essential to maintain a winning culture in a franchise like New York Rangers as well. And especially when young players who are newly drafted going to participate in NHL like Chytil & Lias, and others and they will be called up end of this season. And Pionk, Gilmour, Vesey, Skjei who are all relative young, Zib & Buch - they are not overall experienced in NHL consider their young careers - so hopefully they have learnt something even though it has been a rough season with injuries.

• Anyway a 7 min. interview with Henrik after the training session today in Vancouver.

W
e`ve so many draft picks now, and if we hit in lottery or with some of our 1st or 2nd - we will be back at it as early as next season with an almost completely different team from our D core to forwards.

Personally, I`m looking forward to watch our new highly skilled player who played on the Stamkos line earlier this season in Vladislav Namestnikov. And in some weeks in March Gorton mentioned they will call up either Lias or Chytil - perhaps both to get some NHL experience before they end the season early in April.

And for me as a fan for Rangers for years - it has been a difficult time - and I don`t enjoy losing games, I really dislike it. But Jeff Gorton knows what he is doing going forward to get the best possible rebuild which is hopefully a success for all Rangers fans who enjoy the thought winning another cup since 94.

And close this thread tomorrow evening - just thought it would be nice with an own topic looking forward and talk about the game tomorrow in Vancouver after our trade deadline. Just a reminder though - try to avoid talking about trade or future trades in a pre-game topic - we have own topic for that. I`ve followed Nucks for many years too before I was active here on HF - so it will be a fun game. :)

Reactions: Ndurpressure

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I actually want to win vs Vancouver. Lose to the Oilers and Flames, but I at least want to win one of the games this road trip.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Thanks @Ori for starting a pre-game/game-day/post-game thread so early. :rolleyes: Now we a full 11 hours for contemplation, reflection, and speculation. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad