Confirmed with Link: New York Rangers Hire John Davidson as President

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
This article says he spends one week per month with the Pack.

Eric Raymond Helps Increase Ranger Organization’s Net Gain | Hartford Wolf Pack

Malcolm is the goaltending consultant. I don't know what that means. There's something on Howlings about him and what he does but I'm on my phone and can't read that abortion of a website.

so if he is determined to be the right man for the job, hopefully that time will be increased going forward so he spends one month per month with the pack :nod:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Here's Malcolm's consulting company. Mackenzie Skapski is co-owner.

MEET OUR CONSULTANTS

Jeff is currently in his first season working with the New York Rangers as a Goaltending Consultant under the direction of Goalie Coach Benoit Allaire. In his role, he assists in the on-ice and off-ice development of goaltenders throughout the Rangers organization, including goaltenders with the team’s minor league affiliates in the AHL and ECHL. He also works with the Rangers front office in evaluating goaltenders at both the amateur and professional levels.

Reactions: egelband

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Rangers sign Tanner Glass - I wanted to make a troll post but I don't have time to. I'm guessing he's gonna be one of those traveling development coaches.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

MEET OUR CONSULTANTS

Jeff is currently in his first season working with the New York Rangers as a Goaltending Consultant under the direction of Goalie Coach Benoit Allaire. In his role, he assists in the on-ice and off-ice development of goaltenders throughout the Rangers organization, including goaltenders with the team’s minor league affiliates in the AHL and ECHL. He also works with the Rangers front office in evaluating goaltenders at both the amateur and professional levels.

Ask about Mackenzie Skapski's hit course, "Shutting out the Buffalo Sabres and You"

Reactions: Greg02 and nyr2k2

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Rangers sign Tanner Glass - I wanted to make a troll post but I don't have time to. I'm guessing he's gonna be one of those traveling development coaches.

With specialties in growing beards and taking bad penalties.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007

MEET OUR CONSULTANTS

I doubt other sports are much different, but the amount of nepotism in the NHL is ridiculous.

Reactions: egelband

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I doubt other sports are much different, but the amount of nepotism in the NHL is ridiculous.
Of the major sports in NA (football, basketball, baseball, hockey), hockey is definitely the smallest. So it would stand to reason that the pool of people to draw from is smaller in the hockey world. Definitely a lot of nepotism in the NHL.

Reactions: ColonialsHockey10

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
According to this, the Rangers have one guy officially in charge of analytics. The Leafs have by far the most. Several teams, including the Isles, have none.

This is interesting, but I wonder how accurate it is. Seems like a lot of it is pulled from articles found online, and doesn't come from the teams directly. Like Sullivan could have a handful of lower-level guys or interns working for him that aren't listed on our site, and we'd never know unless someone spoke to the front office about it specifically.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
This is interesting, but I wonder how accurate it is. Seems like a lot of it is pulled from articles found online, and doesn't come from the teams directly. Like Sullivan could have a handful of lower-level guys or interns working for him that aren't listed on our site, and we'd never know unless someone spoke to the front office about it specifically.

Sullivan is not the only one analyzing data for the Rangers. I can tell you that much.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Feels weird to list someone like Dubas as an analytics person for the Leafs...like, yeah from all accounts he's big into using them and all but he's the GM, I don't think he's out there crunching the numbers and really spear heading the analytics department. If he's a good GM then he has hired people to do that and he communicates with them about it all.

It'd be like...if the Rangers hire a few more analytics people do we put Jeff Gorton on that list because then obviously he believes in using analytics?

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Feels weird to list someone like Dubas as an analytics person for the Leafs...like, yeah from all accounts he's big into using them and all but he's the GM, I don't think he's out there crunching the numbers and really spear heading the analytics department. If he's a good GM then he has hired people to do that and he communicates with them about it all.

It'd be like...if the Rangers hire a few more analytics people do we put Jeff Gorton on that list because then obviously he believes in using analytics?
Sometimes I feel like the Rangers blogosphere and twitterverse just really don’t want to give the Rangers the benefit of the doubt while giving other teams infinite leeway

Reactions: romba

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Yeah I would have assumed as much. I appreciate Shayna's research but my feeling is that it's badly incomplete.
It definitely cannot account for team’s taking on the work of company’s like Sportlogiq or Vally’s company. I’d assume we probably have contracts with them, just like many teams in the league.

Right,@Edge ?

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
It definitely cannot account for team’s taking on the work of company’s like Sportlogiq or Vally’s company. I’d assume we probably have contracts with them, just like many teams in the league.

Right,@Edge ?
If you read the article, she does mention that many teams also use consultants.

Though in this day and age to not have ANY dedicated staff devoted to the area strikes me as borderline criminal.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Right,@Edge ?

A mix of consultants and in-house is my understanding.

In different areas, the Rangers, not unlike their parent company, have tended to like consultants for the past 15 years because they want outside opinions and not necessarily "culture-based" opinions.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Sullivan is not the only one analyzing data for the Rangers. I can tell you that much.

Aside from outside consultants, I have to figure that table is showing department heads only. I'm sure Sullivan has a team below him.

Reactions: Edge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad