Pre-Game Talk: New York Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres 7:00 3/14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I just don't understand those PP units.

It goes against everything AV has said he believes in with having righty shot options on the ice.

Why put 3 of them on one unit and none on the other?

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Thrilled we traded for Sheppard to ship him to the press box for good after two games.

AV... This might be the only thing I really don't understand your thought process on.

What really brings my piss to a boil is he flat out said that there's no room in the NHL for players like McI. Seriously? Is AV a moron? McI is 100x better at hitting and fighting than Glass ever will be AND McI is quite frankly prob better at skating, def and off than Glass NOW. So how does AV turn around and praise Glass for "Hitting" when he derided McI for the same thing...especially when McI does it all better. jesus christ idiocy.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
People really need to lay off on the Glass hate. He has looked better. By all reports Sheppard is going to be the guy in over Glass once the playoffs start. AV has done nothing but good things since he's been here. Let's trust the guy who brought us to the cup finals last year and currently on top of the whole league rather than some random HF poster.

This logic is so poor. Don't question a guy on anything ever because he's a pro? He's a pro...not a god....he's not infallible. We're all stuck watching one of the worst NYR players of all time and this board is useless if it isn't for the fact that we can use it as an outlet for our frustration

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
What really brings my piss to a boil is he flat out said that there's no room in the NHL for players like McI. Seriously? Is AV a moron? McI is 100x better at hitting and fighting than Glass ever will be AND McI is quite frankly prob better at skating, def and off than Glass NOW. So how does AV turn around and praise Glass for "Hitting" when he derided McI for the same thing...especially when McI does it all better. jesus christ idiocy.

No room for players like McI, but yet, continues to start Glass literally every game...

I wish I had the ability to go into AV's mind and see why the **** he's so infatuated with Glass. It's almost like a disease at this point..

I keep praying for Sather to get rid of him sometime this season, then AV would be forced to start a better player.

Last edited:

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Seriously, there's no reason why Glass should have continued to play after the Isles game this past week.

Sheppard should be playing as he's A MUCH BETTER player (though who isn't?), and to get him chemistry with Moore and Fast.

Matt4776

May 8, 2009
We need to find those people responsible for the fire John Idzik billboards and put up some bench Tanner Glass billboards with the leftover funds.

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Has AV said anything about lines for tonight?

Curious if he'll break up the MSL-Stepan-Kreider line.

It's hard to do when the 1st and 3rd lines have been playing so well. Maybe swap Miller and Kreider? Let Hags and Kreider fly all over the place.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
So many people questioned this post yesterday.

Turns Bobbop was right all along.

Because Brooks said we didn't have the cap space. Zipay says we do. Of the two, Brooks is usually far more reliable when it comes to this type of stuff.

Which one is right? Who knows. If Brooks is right, then there's something other than LTIR in the equation.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Because Brooks said we didn't have the cap space. Zipay says we do. Of the two, Brooks is usually far more reliable when it comes to this type of stuff.

Which one is right? Who knows. If Brooks is right, then there's something other than LTIR in the equation.

We don't have cap space
Lundqvist is on LTIR, which gives us the chance to go spend his cap hit (8.5m annual salary) and go over the cap
If we do, we do not bank any cap space, which we might need for Hayes in case he reaches a bonus
If we decide to call up a player, we do not have any cap space left and the possible bonus for Hayes will be subtracted from next years salary cap

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
It just makes me happy that a player who plays 15% of the game gets 85% of the ink. Shows how good the team is.

You're right here. All I can really complain about is MSL, Girardi's contract, and Tanner Glass. And only one of those can be rectified right now.

The team is set up well.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
“@PLeonardNYDN: Skapski starting tomorrow, Talbot Sundayâ€
Yes!!!

The Rangers' best goaltender has been languishing on the bench. The dude has a career GAA of 1.00 and save % of .960! More potential than those scrubs Talbot and Lunqvist combined!

It's time to let our elite starter finally take the reigns!

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
I never looked at Skapski's AHL statline until now. Looks like he was actually pretty impressive down there for a 20 year old playing pro for the first time.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I never looked at Skapski's AHL statline until now. Looks like he was actually pretty impressive down there for a 20 year old playing pro for the first time.

Even more impressive when you think about how McIlrath is the only decent defenseman in Hartford. The rest either suck or have mailed it in for the season.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

It really is for such a young guy on an atrocious team. One of Skapski, Shesty and Halverson is probably the future starter for this team and the King's successor.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I just don't understand those PP units.

It goes against everything AV has said he believes in with having righty shot options on the ice.

Why put 3 of them on one unit and none on the other?

Especially with Yandle and Boyle looking like they have instant chemistry playing the points offensively together, it makes no sense to have them on different PP units.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Yes!!!

The Rangers' best goaltender has been languishing on the bench. The dude has a career GAA of 1.00 and save % of .960! More potential than those scrubs Talbot and Lunqvist combined!

It's time to let our elite starter finally take the reigns!

Elite goaltender, right there. Since sample-size is overrated.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
We don't have cap space
Lundqvist is on LTIR, which gives us the chance to go spend his cap hit (8.5m annual salary) and go over the cap
If we do, we do not bank any cap space, which we might need for Hayes in case he reaches a bonus
If we decide to call up a player, we do not have any cap space left and the possible bonus for Hayes will be subtracted from next years salary cap

Yes, I know. I've made those same suppositions myself in regards to Brooks saying that we don't have cap space.

I mean, if cap space wasn't an issue, why would we have SJ retain 100k on Sheppard? Pro-rated, that's like 22k that SJ is paying. If 22k in cap space is important to the Rangers, then it stands to reason that we don't have the cap space to waste on a call up when we already have a replacement in Hunwick.

But Brooks didn't mention any of that, so who knows. Looking at the bonuses, the only one Hayes might achieve is the All Rookie Team. Maybe the Rangers are just counting their pennies in case he earns that bonus. He has a shot at the goals scored bonus too, assuming it was written into his contract, but he needs 7 more goals to reach that. He would need 16 more assists to reach the assist bonus. With 16 games to play, both are unlikely, but not totally out of the question.

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
Elite goaltender, right there. Since sample-size is overrated.
Exactly. Why even play either of Lundqvist or Talbot again?

Skapski is on an ELC, he's cost-controlled for many years, and he's as elite as they come.

So many assets could be acquired by trading Talbot + Lundqvist and then using the cap savings on upgrading the lineup.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Exactly. Why even play either of Lundqvist or Talbot again?

Skapski is on an ELC, he's cost-controlled for many years, and he's as elite as they come.

So many assets could be acquired by trading Talbot + Lundqvist and then using the cap savings on upgrading the lineup.

Sign Halverson because he racks up shut outs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad