Pre-Game Talk: New York Rangers @ Buffalo Sabres 7:00 3/14/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: NYR do have cap space with Lundqvist on LTIR, but AV says going with six D for moment”

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
PP units at practice:

Nash - Brass - Zucc
McD - Yandle

Kreids - Step - Marty
Girardi - Boyle

...we acquire Yandle and Girardi STILL gets PP minutes! STILL!

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Please stop already. He has been better lately. Give the guy a chance.

Chance?? Glass has 3 points (all assists) in 51 games, and is a -13 on a team that is a +46 collectively. I've seen enough.

While it can be argued that he has been better of late, better than horrific is still bad.

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Chance?? Glass has 3 points (all assists) in 51 games, and is a -13 on a team that is a +46 collectively. I've seen enough.

While it can be argued that he has been better of late, better than horrific is still bad.

1) I don't see any point of bashing him in every single thread.

2) AV understands hockey and choices much better than me and you. If he plays him, there is a reason for it. Lets just leave it at that.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Sheppard had 6 points in 7 playoff games last year. That's double the production that Glass has had the entire season. He is a joke. So is AV's love affair with him.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
PP units at practice:

Nash - Brass - Zucc
McD - Yandle

Kreids - Step - Marty
Girardi - Boyle

Like it or not, even when Klein is healthy, Girardi is going to be on PP2 unless they decide to put a forward on the point. The bigger issue, for me, is why split the pairs up like that? 2L on pair 1, 2R on pair 2. Wouldn't it be easier to just keep the even strength pairs together?

Or, is this a sign that McDonagh-Yandle are going to be a pair while Klein is out?

Yandle - Mcdonagh
Staal - Boyle
Hunwick - Girardi

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Amazed Sheppard is a healthy scratch on this team with tanner glass the 12th forward

Sheppard is a hell of a player

OnlyTruth

Objectivity&Justice
Dec 2, 2013
Sheppard had 6 points in 7 playoff games last year. That's double the production that Glass has had the entire season. He is a joke. So is AV's love affair with him.

There were players in the past that struggled, but AV didn't give up on them and they turned out to be good players. This is the difference between a good coach and not so good.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
PP units at practice:

Nash - Brass - Zucc
McD - Yandle

Kreids - Step - Marty
Girardi - Boyle

There's no balance at all.........the top unit is 5 lefties.

And there's no justification for Girardi to STILL be on the PP.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
who's going to breakout and become a contender with their core first, the Sabres OR The Panthers

Panthers. You can see that their young talent is really starting to produce. Guys like Huberdeau, Ekblad, Hayes etc. Barkov is still a disappointment. I was never really high on the kid but he is only 19. Ekblad looks like the real deal.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Sit Talbot against Buffalo and have him play against the tougher Florida team.

Bummer we have another back to back. I'm honestly concerned all these games to close out the season will take their toll on us to start the playoffs. If we play as badly as we did in the 3rd against the Caps in the playoffs, I can see us having an early exist. We were lucky we held the lead against the Caps, but that was about as bad of a period as I've ever seen from us this season, and it was clear we were damn exhausted. I'm really concerned we're just going to be exhausted stumbling into the playoffs.

B2B bro... thats all im saying

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Let's not make this one about Glass, it's against the Sabres; We could have him on the 1st line and it wouldn't matter.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Let's not make this one about Glass, it's against the Sabres; We could have him on the 1st line and it wouldn't matter.

He's almost as bad as they are. What was the point of acquiring Sheppard? He has sat in 4/6 games since coming here. The guy was fantastic in the playoffs last year and we're playing the worst player in the NHL over him.

BleedinBLUEsince92

Oct 30, 2009
Northern NJ
People really need to lay off on the Glass hate. He has looked better. By all reports Sheppard is going to be the guy in over Glass once the playoffs start. AV has done nothing but good things since he's been here. Let's trust the guy who brought us to the cup finals last year and currently on top of the whole league rather than some random HF poster.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
There's no balance at all.........the top unit is 5 lefties.

And there's no justification for Girardi to STILL be on the PP.

Agreed all around. 5 lefties on the top unit and 3 righties on the 2nd unit.

Where are those lines coming from? Don't see a tweet or link associated with the original post.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
People really need to lay off on the Glass hate. He has looked better.
Fantastic he isnt costing us games anymore. He still sucks ass

By all reports Sheppard is going to be the guy in over Glass once the playoffs start.
What reports? Sheppard has sat 4 times out of a possible 6 for Tanner Glass.

AV has done nothing but good things since he's been here. Let's trust the guy who brought us to the cup finals last year and currently on top of the whole league rather than some random HF poster.

I love AV. He is a fantastic coach. I do not understand why he insists on playing one of the worst players to ever put on a Rangers jersey over a very very good bottom 6 player. He has chosen Glass over JTM, Fast, Stempniak or Sheppard 51 times too many this season.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Sit Talbot against Buffalo and have him play against the tougher Florida team.

Bummer we have another back to back. I'm honestly concerned all these games to close out the season will take their toll on us to start the playoffs. If we play as badly as we did in the 3rd against the Caps in the playoffs, I can see us having an early exist. We were lucky we held the lead against the Caps, but that was about as bad of a period as I've ever seen from us this season, and it was clear we were damn exhausted. I'm really concerned we're just going to be exhausted stumbling into the playoffs.

Here's a huge problem:

Last game's ES TOI for:

Hayes - 10:27
Hagelin - 11:32
Miller - 9:25

D. Moore - 12:56
Glass - 10:13
Fast - 12:32

There's absolutely no reason to give your 4th line more ES minutes, when your fastest and most energetic line not only scored the 1st two goals, but it's a ****ing back to back. Bump up their minutes and take some pressure off the top two. There's no reason for them to get less minutes than the 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad