Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Philadelphia Flyers - March 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Wait I was on the radio, so let me get this straight.

We scored on that play and they whistled it down?

Not really. The play was whistled off side but not everyone on the ice heard it and the play was fast developing past the blueline and Lyon quit on the play because he heard the whistle so it was a EN for Kreider. It f***ed up a 2 on 1 but not necessarily a goal.

Reactions: Machinehead

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not really. The play was whistled off side but not everyone on the ice heard it and the play was fast developing past the blueline and Lyon quit on the play because he heard the whistle so it was a EN for Kreider. It ****ed up a 2 on 1 but not necessarily a goal.
Still, f*** that.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not 100% related to this game, but we're extremely competitive with half the roster we had from last year and our backup goalie. I realize there's most scoring this year, but I believe that's 10 out of 11 games where we score at least 3. This board infuriates me sometimes because you'd think that every year it's Lundqvist and a bunch of middling players. One of those middling players btw is lighting it up in Tampa Bay with (if this board is correct) 7 goals in 11 games.

Reactions: GregSirico

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not 100% related to this game, but we're extremely competitive with half the roster we had from last year and our backup goalie. I realize there's most scoring this year, but I believe that's 10 out of 11 games where we score at least 3. This board infuriates me sometimes because you'd think that every year it's Lundqvist and a bunch of middling players. One of those middling players btw is lighting it up in Tampa Bay with (if this board is correct) 7 goals in 11 games.

We have great forwards.

I think the pity on Hank stems from the defense in front of him and more so the system that's taught in front of him.

Reactions: GregSirico

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We have great forwards.

I think the pity on Hank stems from the defense in front of him and more so the system that's taught in front of him.

While that's true, I don't think that's the only pity. You've been consistent saying that these are good forwards we have. But if you read this board there's some sentiment of how it's mediocre TEAM being carried by Lundqvist.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Yes, lets blame just for the sake of blaming.

The amount of animosity towards a 24 year old kid who happens to also be our best and most skilled forward is troubling.

Your opinion and the way you view hockey is even more troubling.

He's been in the NHL for 7 years now.
He's no rookie.

Admittedly..I keyed in on Zbad tonight but then again it was all legit critiquing.

You on the other hand would just rather check in on your bookmarked stat website as opposed to forming an actual objective opinion :thumbu:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
BTW, Fast I believe was part of the Sanguinetti trade. At the draft slot that Sanguinetti and in the draft that he was taken, would a Jesper Fast been a good pick? I think so.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Not sure I agree with Vally. Why would the refs rather look like they blew a play on a play like that that doesn't get reviewed? It's still wrong, but this one cost the team a goal.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
While that's true, I don't think that's the only pity. You've been consistent saying that these are good forwards we have. But if you read this board there's some sentiment of how it's mediocre TEAM being carried by Lundqvist.
Some have said that, yes.

I've always thought it was more so a horrible system carried by Lundqvist and some underrated talent.

And the 2012-15 teams were good with or without Lundqvist, but he sure didn't hurt.

Torts is no Einstein but he consistently produces good analytics. He knows how to get his team to play hockey.

AV served his purpose in getting the Torts corps to show more offensive flair, although I also think the talent just got better as well.

The more Torts guys have left the team and the more AV has established his own culture, the worse it's gotten.

We need a coach who can do both.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Your opinion and the way you view hockey is even more troubling.

He's been in the NHL for 7 years now.
He's no rookie.

Admittedly..I keyed in on Zbad tonight but then again it was all legit critiquing.

You on the other hand would just rather check in on your bookmarked stat website as opposed to forming an actual objective opinion :thumbu:

And improving his game for every one of those 7 years,

Nothing you said tonight about him was legit and you talking about objectivity is laughable at best.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Some have said that, yes.

I've always thought it was more so a horrible system carried by Lundqvist and some underrated talent.

And the 2012-15 teams were good with or without Lundqvist, but he sure didn't hurt.

Torts is no Einstein but he consistently produces good analytics. He knows how to get his team to play hockey.

AV served his purpose in getting the Torts corps to show more offensive flair, although I also think the talent just got better as well.

The more Torts guys have left the team and the more AV has established his own culture, the worse it's gotten.

We need a coach who can do both.

I agree with this and stated this before.

AV inherited an excellent defensive team and while they started to play more offensively under AV, they still had that Torts structure going backwards.

If they could mish mash these 2 together in one coach, that would be the ideal system.

It's absolutely criminal that AV couldn't recognize this like everyone else and simply adjust.

GregSirico

KakkoSZN
Jan 3, 2012
Atlanta
twitter.com
And improving his game for every one of those 7 years,

Nothing you said tonight about him was legit and you talking about objectivity is laughable at best.
More like pure hatred. I don't think one point he's made about him is valid, it's all just haterade. Why? I have no idea. Maybe he's a cooler DJ? IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad