Post-Game Talk: New York Rangers at Ottawa Senators - February 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We're not quite here yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if some MSG glass people towards the locker room tunnel did this at an upcoming home game:

We have to keep things in perspective. They went 10 years with no playoffs many of those years as a bottom team in the league. One year where we'll probably not even touch how bad they were is not the same thing.

Reactions: bl02

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
So you guys want to tank AND complain about the team playing poorly? Pick one HFNYR!

I get where you are coming from, but IMO the two don't have to go together in many ways.
When people talk about a tank, it's usually a team philosophy as players aren't really going to tank. So the team promotes rookies, sells-off vets and ices a team that should get them a better draft pick. This means they'll be out skilled by many teams. Wanting to tank and complaining about this is stupid.

Wanting/expecting the team on the ice to give their all, to play for the club/jerseys/each other/whatever, and have the coach make sound, in-game tactical decisions is not something that should be/needs to be part of a tank and it's the type of playing poorly that can still be annoying and is worth complaining about (as much as anything else on a message board is 'worth it'; even during a tank.

howztheglass

Jan 27, 2009
You could see Hank was holding back in that interview.

I feel bad for him but he has realize it’s going to be this bad with a re—tooling on the way.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Truth be told, I gave up on them after the Islander game.

I spent the afternoon with my wife.

Frankly, I don’t give a rat’s *** about how some third line plug has “potential” because he has “speed”. I don’t enjoy watching “young” players “try”. It’s not enjoyable watching your team lose and seeing a franchise goaltender get embarrassed.

It’s a damn joke.

Let’s go draft the next Manny Malhotra and think he’s great after he puts up an exciting 23 Point season.

I hope you under 30’s enjoy this ****.

I long had the same attitude but I don't think this franchise is trending upwards, so I have come to terms with tanking. But yeah, it was driving me crazy when spoiled 18-22 year olds that were practically in diapers the last time the Rangers missed the playoffs by more than a point sanctimoniously telling people that watched the Rangers in the dark ages (I wasn't a fan for half of those years thankfully) how we need to tank when the team was winning.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I get where you are coming from, but IMO the two don't have to go together in many ways.
When people talk about a tank, it's usually a team philosophy as players aren't really going to tank. So the team promotes rookies, sells-off vets and ices a team that should get them a better draft pick. This means they'll be out skilled by many teams. Wanting to tank and complaining about this is stupid.

Wanting/expecting the team on the ice to give their all, to play for the club/jerseys/each other/whatever, and have the coach make sound, in-game tactical decisions is not something that should be/needs to be part of a tank and it's the type of playing poorly that can still be annoying and is worth complaining about (as much as anything else on a message board is 'worth it'; even during a tank.

When you're filling your team with young and subpar players it looks like the team doesn't try, they're just not good enough. Though AV just sucks.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Truth be told, I gave up on them after the Islander game.

I spent the afternoon with my wife.

Frankly, I don’t give a rat’s *** about how some third line plug has “potential” because he has “speed”. I don’t enjoy watching “young” players “try”. It’s not enjoyable watching your team lose and seeing a franchise goaltender get embarrassed.

It’s a damn joke.

Let’s go draft the next Manny Malhotra and think he’s great after he puts up an exciting 23 Point season.

I hope you under 30’s enjoy this ****.
Because it didn't work then doesn't mean it won't work now.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
So you guys want to tank AND complain about the team playing poorly? Pick one HFNYR!

Has nothing to do with what I want---the team is collapsing on its own. AV continues to play Henrik because he's still holding out hope. That's what he's supposed to do but I don't think it's good for Henrik to continually be left out hanging in an impossible situation. I think my post has a lot to do with Rosen and Micheletti toeing the company line. It's not really analysis that we're getting from Micheletti and it bleeds over to some of the other Rangers talking heads. There's reason to why Nash and Grabner are going to be moved. There shouldn't be any 'if' about it. There are reasons why this team continues on its path of dropping like a stone.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
When you're filling your team with young and subpar players it looks like the team doesn't try, they're just not good enough. Though AV just sucks.

It's not the young guys because you're right, they are overmatched, like I said. It's the guys like Miller and Zucc who really should have stepped up in a situation like this but instead just look like they are going through the motions. Even a guy like Holden, who to be fair has looked over his head almost all season because of how AV uses him, when we become the defect 'vet' because every other D is a rookie, you shouldn't end up being the worst guy on the ice.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's not the young guys because you're right, they are overmatched, like I said. It's the guys like Miller and Zucc who really should have stepped up in a situation like this but instead just look like they are going through the motions. Even a guy like Holden, who to be fair has looked over his head almost all season because of how AV uses him, when we become the defect 'vet' because every other D is a rookie, you shouldn't end up being the worst guy on the ice.

These guys aren't superstars that they can make something out of an impossible situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad