Three stars at Edmonton

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

KOVALEV022473

Feb 24, 2014
Tomkins Cove, NY
It's a little different since there's a lottery in the NHL but some of you guys would have bragged about the Giants winning a few extra games at the end of the 2003 season and not getting Eli Manning or Ben Roethlisberger.
I love you SnowBlind, but this is such a bad comparison. When everyone was rooting for the tank, we were only five points out with TWENTY-FIVE games to go and half our team due back from injuries. Plus the fact of the Lottery, which you’ve already mentioned. Three games left in the NFL season to secure the #1 draft spot is a no brainer.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
So when does the "McDonagh is a locker room cancer" narrative begin?

I'm want this team to lose but I can't root for it. Conflicted like everyone else here.
Someone said it nicely a week or two ago, “root for the win, don’t be disappointed at the result.”

I’m looking at these games to see which kids have solid NHL futures or will be a part of the next core. Nanestnikov and Pionk have been fun to watch. Kreider is being Kreider.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
I still want the Rangers to get a Top 10 pick, but I'm not going to be upset by 3 wins.

It's nice to see that an expectation of winning is a part of the franchise, instead of diving into the loser mentality of a never ending rebuild that some teams adopt.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
We could still end up in the lottery even if we somehow did end up in the playoffs.Could always trade into it.
If a team trades you that pick pre lottery and it becomes the winner that GM would be fired immediately. I don't think you'll see anyone take that chance unless the price is completely foolish the other way.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
I like the way this team is competing and winning some games but there is no way they are making the playoffs. They are still 3 points behind and they have a very tough March schedule plus Florida has 4 games in hand. I am looking forward to watching this team next year with the new additions and without AV behind the bench.

nyrage

Aug 2, 2005
Houston, TX
People need to accept that although we may not be a good team, we're not as bad as some others in the league. We gave up a ton of shots and we're going to lose to the better teams over the rest of the season. You just saw 2 worse teams and one team slightly better that hasn't been good since missing its #1 goalie.

Maybe some of you weren't around when certain teams acted as if they were intentionally trying to lose. We vilified Pittsburgh for tanking and called it shameful. Is that what you propose now?
Should we sit some of our better players like CK and pretend they are hurt just to lose to the likes of Edmonton? Does the end suddenly justify the means when it helps our team? Seems hypocritical.

Give this team credit for showing some heart, battling, and winning 3 on the road. Some of the new guys and young guys are playing very well. Good for them. Georgiev won his first game. Good for him.

Now the tough part of the schedule comes. We'll probably drop a few spots, but we're not top 3 bad. Not likely top 5 bad either. At the end of the day we're probably somewhere between 6 and 10 bad.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
#playoffpush

I'm on board, Brothers and Sisters, and I have no ****ing regrets about it.
We have 3 first round picks we'll be fine.

Seriously though. If Shatty comes back soon we're making the playoffs.

These players want to win. Something happened with the TDL that changed the whole attitude of the team. Maybe McD wasn't a good captain? Maybe Miller attitude was toxic to the other players?

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
I like the way this team is competing and winning some games but there is no way they are making the playoffs. They are still 3 points behind and they have a very tough March schedule plus Florida has 4 games in hand. I am looking forward to watching this team next year with the new additions and without AV behind the bench.
If they make the playoffs with that schedule. Then they absolutely deserve to be there.

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
I still want the Rangers to get a Top 10 pick, but I'm not going to be upset by 3 wins.

It's nice to see that an expectation of winning is a part of the franchise, instead of diving into the loser mentality of a never ending rebuild that some teams adopt.
I don't think the key to a proper rebuild is the culture. These kids want to win. Gorts is bringing in more kids who want to win. Before you know it you got a young time competing off of sheer will.

It will be a more skilled version of the Cally Dubi AA era.

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
Since the behavior of the players and coaching staff are not impacted in the slightest by my attitude toward the team, I will continue to enjoy the wins, when they come, and watching the play of our new players.

Put it this way: if the NYR miss the playoffs the only happy person in my house will be my wife.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
We have 3 first round picks we'll be fine.

Seriously though. If Shatty comes back soon we're making the playoffs.

These players want to win. Something happened with the TDL that changed the whole attitude of the team. Maybe McD wasn't a good captain? Maybe Miller attitude was toxic to the other players?
I mean the reality is that we've been allowing about 700 shots per game, and without some great goaltending we very, very easily could have gone 0-3 on the road trip. So I'm hopeful, because that's way better than being resigned to missing out, but in no way am I even remotely optimistic.

Reactions: 28BHM and Igright

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The team is playing like how I feel the first day I feel better after being sick or on the first spring day. It wont last.

rangerlp

May 24, 2012
It will be interesting to see if a somewhat healthy Shattenkirk returns to the lineup. If the Rangers want to make a run for the playoffs, they could use his offense. We know there ain't gonna be any defense...

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We need to finish in the bottom 10. Any better is a disaster because we aren’t making playoffs. The schedule is to difficult.

The thing is the rangers plugged their biggest hole at the deadline. They got another top 3 center in Namestnikov. It stabilizes everything. They moved Nash yes but got spooner back. Equal production. They got kreider back who is a monster. They cut bad players like smith Holden and Kampfer and brought in pionk DeAngelo and Gilmour. Those are upgrades.

This team was bad before the deadline but not terrible this group now is actually better.

They’re surprising me. But these 3 teams we just played are horrible. I can’t imagine us winning many games in March.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
So when does the "McDonagh is a locker room cancer" narrative begin?

I'm want this team to lose but I can't root for it. Conflicted like everyone else here.
but you don't need to actively root for it. you can enjoy the games however you want

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I love you SnowBlind, but this is such a bad comparison. When everyone was rooting for the tank, we were only five points out with TWENTY-FIVE games to go and half our team due back from injuries. Plus the fact of the Lottery, which you’ve already mentioned. Three games left in the NFL season to secure the #1 draft spot is a no brainer.

Well, I wasn't crazy about trading everyone and their mother but now that we did seems like rooting for the tank is justified.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad