Post-Game Talk: New York Phantasmists vs. Washington Chevaliers. 7pm. 10.22.2016 (AD&D 1st Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
2nd year pick for a few years ago, we signed him out of college and he made the team.
He looks pretty good, great size. Thanks for the info man.

Yeah, Girardi might as well be wearing goalie pads, the amount of shots he blocks or used to block is insane. Rangers are doing a good job of cutting us off at the blue line.

Yeah we all love him even though we all **** on him and deservedly so but his style of play never really warranted a 15 year career. He's in the top 5 or 10 in mins played since 2010. He's had a hell of a career either way. Undrafted nobody who became an all star for one season and was one of the best positioning himself defensively for a good 5 or 6 years. But yeah he's done.

A 2nd round pick who cracked our lineup. He has size, speed and he's good along the boards. We're considering him to stay permanently on the 3rd line.
He looks really good, can't believe i haven't heard of him or remember him from NCAA. He seems like he has even more untapped potential. Thanks for the info :yo:.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not a banner night for the ol' hockey IQ.

Garbage execution, defensive gaffs throughout the lineup, and in the end same old story, a goal short on The King.

Its funny so many don't care about regular season because overall it's pretty much a lock the be the only joy this team provides their fans.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
He looks pretty good, great size. Thanks for the info man.

He looks really good, can't believe i haven't heard of him or remember him from NCAA. He seems like he has even more untapped potential. Thanks for the info :yo:.

Yeah, he's not a high profile prospect and his stats won't blow you away but he can be a solid middle 6 winger with 30-40 pts per season. Trotz compared him to Joel Ward, a player who was very effective against the Rangers. His hands are nothing exceptional but he's puck-savvy, he can put a loose puck through the D's legs very quickly.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Second period thoughts...

mZhfCZj.gif

Also 1st edition AD&D sucks as just as I remember it...despite the cool title names.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Sometimes I thought that we were playing @ MSG and not @ Verizon.
No slash on Kuzy and just after, instead of a PP for Caps, Vesey scores the GWG.
But who cares? It's just RS

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
They had a chance to put the game away with the 4 min PP and they did nothing. After that momentum was with the Rangers. Oh well. Move on.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Reminder: If you are a visiting fan don't come here to taunt or argue or "straighten things out" for the fans here. This is not a neutral board. Read our local rules.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't see any reason other than being lefthanded why he wouldn't be solid on the pp. His shot needs to improve so he finishes more. I didn't say that he was as good as Enstrom that that he reminded me of that kind of player.

Terrible shot and despite few flashes in a season, he's not that creative either. There is some potential because of his speed and those flashes but that looks pretty unlikely that he would grow up as a potential PPQB for a working unit. Right now i can't see him getting #1 PP unit time on any of the 30 NHL teams.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
It depends on what exactly you'd want to do with your powerplay. Schmidt obviously doesn't bring the cannon you'd want from a primary point shooting option for a fixed formation, but he has other skillsets that can be useful on a PP. His passing, skating, and ability to gain the zone could all be useful skills on the PP, especially one that's less dependent on static formations than the Caps are. For a team that runs 2 defensemen and a relatively mobile/flexible overload scheme, Schmidt could be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad