New York City Thread: Part IV (Info in OP)

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Don't count on it. Their two Vegas locations are not great. Dom wanted nothing to do with opening multiple locations & his kids basically forced his hand. They went for the money (can't blame them), but had zero oversight on the product...& it's clear as day when you bite into a slice out there. The neighborhood location was edible, the one on the Strip was complete trash. Think Dominoes as a comparison.

Since the local NY satellites are within their purview, maybe they will be involved the day to day & the pizza will be decent. Report back with your findings! Although lot of it has to do with that 60 year old oven, however.

How could you hate Totonno's, btw? I think it's excellent...or at least it was back when I lived in the city.
Idk, to me Totonno’s just tasted burnt.

Honestly though, Dom was always a f***ing dick so I don’t care. His daughter is cool af and always seemed like the smart one of that inbred family.

I used to be good friends with his grandson (we were in the same class, also RIP, he died from leukemia) and his dad (Dom’s son) snuck pizza out through the side door because Dom wasn’t cool with his grandson and grandson’s fourth grade friend getting free pizza. Like wtf? And he cut the slices like a complete moron. Sometimes you’d get a gigantic slice or some bitch sized slice.

Apparently this location doesn’t do slices so I’ll let you know whenever I get a pie when I have people over.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Idk, to me Totonno’s just tasted burnt.

Honestly though, Dom was always a f***ing dick so I don’t care. His daughter is cool af and always seemed like the smart one of that inbred family.

I used to be good friends with his grandson (we were in the same class, also RIP, he died from leukemia) and his dad (Dom’s son) snuck pizza out through the side door because Dom wasn’t cool with his grandson and grandson’s fourth grade friend getting free pizza. Like wtf? And he cut the slices like a complete moron. Sometimes you’d get a gigantic slice or some bitch sized slice.

Apparently this location doesn’t do slices so I’ll let you know whenever I get a pie when I have people over.
A lot of old Italians from that generation were aloof & cheap as hell. My Dad's side had a few like that...my Mom's side were the complete opposite, overly generous & always welcoming.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Do any of you run/walk around Central park at night? Been working late a few nights and been tempted to go out after around 9pm.

If so how safe is it?

• Wow
Reactions: tlk

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Do any of you run/walk around Central park at night? Been working late a few nights and been tempted to go out after around 9pm.

If so how safe is it?

It’s quite safe just make sure you GTFO if you see these guys coming.
IMG_6988.png

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
In case anyone had a simular question/thought as me. I decided to give the run a try. I only went from the South end and did the reservoir loop but it seemed perfectly safe. Surprised by the amount of people out there this late. Though at some times around the reservoir it was quiet. Main loop always had someone within eye sight or they were in sight of me. Tons of light too

Sorry only one danger to note. The raccon that scared the absolute shit out of me lol

Reactions: tlk

TK11

Oct 5, 2017
Germany
Hi Guys, any advice where to watch the Rangers Game tonight to drink some beer and have a good athmosphere?

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
7:36 is fast. The age part doesnt affect you as much in running as it does in hockey, so im not suprised an über athlete like ZC can post a time like that. Hes got a helluva long stride too, im sure.

I ran my first half marathon 8:35 and was happy I made my goal of breaking 2 hours with very little training. Hoping to get the courage to try the full marathon but wouldnt be able to go and do that cold. 13 miles is one thing. Double that is an entirely different ballgame. Takes several months of preparation

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
The way Ville Nieminen talked about Rangers and MSG was so great to me, especially because im from Finland and there is nothing like that here. "You put the suit on and get a coffee or something and either walk or take the metro to the rink, and feel good, look good, play good!"

Or what Kimmo Timonen said in his podcast with Ville as a guest that "i walked to in there and it started to smell like shit, and then i saw a elephant under the stands" to which Ville Nieminen said "there is sand on the ice? Well ofcourse because the f***ing circus was just here." I swear, there is none other than the MSG if we are talking about a legendary arenas not only in the NHL but in the world.

• Love
Reactions: Jack Hanson and tlk

gritdash60

Aug 9, 2022
Behind the net
The way Ville Nieminen talked about Rangers and MSG was so great to me, especially because im from Finland and there is nothing like that here. "You put the suit on and get a coffee or something and either walk or take the metro to the rink, and feel good, look good, play good!"

Or what Kimmo Timonen said in his podcast with Ville as a guest that "i walked to in there and it started to smell like shit, and then i saw a elephant under the stands" to which Ville Nieminen said "there is sand on the ice? Well ofcourse because the f***ing circus was just here." I swear, there is none other than the MSG if we are talking about a legendary arenas not only in the NHL but in the world.
I want to visit MSG so bad, im not sure if i will do it this season, but if not i will 100% do it next season.

Reactions: Jack Hanson and tlk

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Glad you guys are talking about MSG! I come in peace. I came here to compliment NYC as a whole, and MSG.

I’m from Ohio and this was my first trip. Stayed with a friend and got to experience it from a New Yorker perspective rather than a tourist. Did see some of the tourist spots.

Most importantly, I was in the front row of MSG for the Tool concert. Literally on the rail. What a place. Wild seeing a full arena behind me. As a musician it’s the ultimate goal.

Hell of a city, guys. I’m gonna move there at some point in the future, hopefully sooner rather than later.

I don’t blame the Breadman for leaving my city. lol. Columbus is great, but every city I’ve ever been to sucks in comparison.

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
If anyone is looking for a good place for dinner and drinks pre game, Juniper bar and grill on 35th between 7th and 8th is really good.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
If anyone is looking for a good place for dinner and drinks pre game, Juniper bar and grill on 35th between 7th and 8th is really good.
I've wondered about that spot....I work a block away and one of my doctors has an office right across the street from it.

Another good place is Black Iron Burgers on 38th between 7th and 8th.

Reactions: FUZfan

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Slighty off topic but I didnt want to start a new thread.

Anyone live in Northern NJ/Bergen County area?

Know of any good Ranger bars/hockey themed/good place to watch a game?

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Earthquake NYC, Parts of Long Island and the center was in Lebanon, NJ.
4.7 magnitude.
Been in 2 previous earthquakes. On in Hartford and one in Long Beach.
This by far was the strongest and lasted the longest.
All 3 airports are temporarily closed also Boston airport closed.
I’m guessing BDL and HPN airports.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
4.7 magnitude.
I've felt two others on the east coast, one in 1985 & one in 2011, but this was the biggest I've felt by far around here. I'm just outside Hartford & it was intense. I had a flashback I was living back in California.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
I've felt two others on the east coast, one in 1985 & one in 2011, but this was the biggest I've felt by far around here. I'm just outside Hartford & it was intense. I had a flashback I was living back in California.
Yeah, the one in 2011 or so was just about 15 seconds of mild shaking. This one was actual rattling and rumbling.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
4.7 magnitude.
The last earthquake I felt in NY was the one that left a crackon the Washington monument. Oddly enough I was on a video conference call with people in DC at the time for my first ever prediction of a future NY earthquake. I was in Vegas during 2 California earthquakes and those taught me what real earthquakes are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad