New Western Pro Hockey League trying to launch

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
The only thing I could see happening related to any of this, is the Billings team just joining the NA3HL or something like that this summer when this league inevitably doesn't get off the ground

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
The only thing I could see happening related to any of this, is the Billings team just joining the NA3HL or something like that this summer when this league inevitably doesn't get off the ground

That's possible - if they haven't already paid a membership fee and dues to the WPHL... I'd bet the ownership isn't keen on writing multiple league dues checks after writing the first one with nothing to show for it.

Reactions: mk80

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Side note the Billings Blizzard have hired a coach apparently. Press conference with "other details" scheduled for March 23

jabberoski

Aug 1, 2011
Side note the Billings Blizzard have hired a coach apparently. Press conference with "other details" scheduled for March 23

Hopefully the press conference will allow them to get some content for their website, which as of today, features only a poll for fans to vote for their name the team contest, which ended on December 1.

billings.JPG

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Hopefully the press conference will allow them to get some content for their website, which as of today, features only a poll for fans to vote for their name the team contest, which ended on December 1.
Speaking of websites, it isn't surprising due to the levels of disorganization with the league as a whole but, on the league website there is no mention of the Billings franchise at all.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny

I question whether an announcement with the spirit of a small-town newspaper blurb about a city awarding someone a business license is how you sell a new coach’s experience.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Nothing says, "We're a professional hockey team! Here's our new coach!" like a handout photo taken at Glamour Shots by Deb in the mall where said coach can't be bothered to even wear a collared shirt coupled with a press release detailing his youth hockey and Tier III Junior playing experience.

• Haha
Reactions: Roadhog

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Nothing says, "We're a professional hockey team! Here's our new coach!" like a handout photo taken at Glamour Shots by Deb in the mall where said coach can't be bothered to even wear a collared shirt coupled with a press release detailing his youth hockey and Tier III Junior playing experience.
Glamour Shots would have done a better job on the picture than that!

I had to look to see if they still existed. There are two locations remaining in the whole country. Appropriately they are in NJ and TX. I'm sure it's the 8-10 year old junior beauty contestant moms that are keeping them going.

• Haha

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Glamour Shots would have done a better job on the picture than that!

I had to look to see if they still existed. There are two locations remaining in the whole country. Appropriately they are in NJ and TX. I'm sure it's the 8-10 year old junior beauty contestant moms that are keeping them going.
And at least one owner of a Midwest SPHL team ...

1647970587696.png

mk80

Jul 30, 2012
Considering this article was posted on May 31, it can't be the highly anticipated article on the 18th from our author here.

For those who prefer to skip the reading material, suffice to say everything regarding this disaster has flatlined for some time.

PCSPounder

Stadium Groupie
Apr 12, 2012
The Outskirts of Nutria Nanny
Considering this article was posted on May 31, it can't be the highly anticipated article on the 18th from our author here.

For those who prefer to skip the reading material, suffice to say everything regarding this disaster has flatlined for some time.
Same as it ever was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad