Music: New U2

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
To repeat myself: Gimme your favourite band's top ten, please.

As usual, no--flew over my head by several thousand feet. Didn't have any luck looking it up, either. Now I'm curious. What's the reference? PS: if it is a line in the video, the audio has been blacked out (pun intended, natch) for some reason. If that is some weird selling point gimic by them, it is too clever by half.

Can I play? I'm not a fan of U2. :naughty:

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
Yes. I borderline want to say '' yes '' to the team stuff as well but because this is a massive hockey forum, I understand why you can't just go on another team's board and start saying that. It's done all the time on the main boards though. There's no reason why people can only discuss bands that they like. That seems as simple to me as your explanation does to you.

I am not saying people cannot discuss things that other's don't like. I didn't say that at all. I don't think it adds anything to the conversation coming in here saying "I don't like this" and running away.

You know what I do when I see a thread I don't agree with or people discussing some band / show / game / team I don't really like? I don't post in it. Like an adult with social skills.

But someone always has to be 'that guy' who thinks they are internet hero calling something super popular "overrated" like their opinion is some amazing revelation that they don't like something lots of other people do.

I just don't get the point in it. Is it for internet cred? Does it help you get ladies? Nobody can answer the reason for this.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I am not saying people cannot discuss things that other's don't like. I didn't say that at all. I don't think it adds anything to the conversation coming in here saying "I don't like this" and running away.

You know what I do when I see a thread I don't agree with or people discussing some band / show / game / team I don't really like? I don't post in it. Like an adult with social skills.

But someone always has to be 'that guy' who thinks they are internet hero calling something super popular "overrated" like their opinion is some amazing revelation that they don't like something lots of other people do.

I just don't get the point in it. Is it for internet cred? Does it help you get ladies? Nobody can answer the reason for this.

I agree. But he also doesn't owe that articulation to anyone. Not everyone will dissect every reason as to why they dislike a band. And frankly, is calling U2 overrated that contrarian of an opinion? Seems to me that a lot of people aren't particularly into them. I think you're kind of overthinking this.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
I agree. But he also doesn't owe that articulation to anyone. Not everyone will dissect every reason as to why they dislike a band. And frankly, is calling U2 overrated that contrarian of an opinion? Seems to me that a lot of people aren't particularly into them. I think you're kind of overthinking this.

I don't think I am overthinking it. I just get sick of people going into threads saying "this sucks" or something similar. Literally adds nothing to the discussion and I still don't get / haven't heard an explanation as to what the point of making such a post is.

The thread is about a new song. Like it or don't, lets discuss. Not "this band is overrated."

Okay.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
With or Without You
Sunday, Bloody Sunday
One
Beautiful Day
New Year's Day
I Will Follow
Where the Streets Have No Name
Pride (In the Name of Love)
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
City of Blinding Lights

Gimme your favourite band's top ten.

Chronologically:
Drowning Man
Promenade
Bad
Running To Stand Still
Heartland
Until The End Of The World
Acrobat
Zooropa
Gone
Beautiful Day

The recent stuff gets HM: No Line On The Horizon, Fez - Being Born, Cedars Of Lebanon, Every Breaking Wave

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
As usual, no--flew over my head by several thousand feet. Didn't have any luck looking it up, either. Now I'm curious. What's the reference? PS: if it is a line in the video, the audio has been blacked out (pun intended, natch) for some reason. If that is some weird selling point gimic by them, it is too clever by half.

He gets passive aggressive when people talk mean about comic books. And then he harkens back to old posts that no one cares about (much less recalls) as a "reference" to try to sound witty or enlightened.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Of course. :)

VU - not in order

Venus in Furs
Heroin
Sunday Morning
Candy Says
All Tommorow's Parties
Waiting for the Man
Run, Run, Run
White Light/White Heat
Sweet Jane
I'll Be Your Mirror

It's heavy with The Velvet Underground & Nico but I believe it's the greatest album of all-time.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Look up his posts on the Entertainment forum. And for more eyeopening stuff, his posts at the Political Discussion board.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
I don't think I am overthinking it. I just get sick of people going into threads saying "this sucks" or something similar. Literally adds nothing to the discussion and I still don't get / haven't heard an explanation as to what the point of making such a post is.

The thread is about a new song. Like it or don't, lets discuss. Not "this band is overrated."

Okay.

So what does your crying about my posts offer to the thread? How about this. I don't care for the new song and the band is overrated

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
So what does your crying about my posts offer to the thread? How about this. I don't care for the new song and the band is overrated

Still don't get the point of you saying it. You just trying to get attention or something?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Ahhh putting words in my mouth now. Basically you have no argument anymore. Got it. ;)

How so? I gave my opinion of a band in a thread about a new song. Is it that bad to give that opinion. It's not like I came into a U2 thread to talk about how Beyonce sucks. It's a U2 thread and I gave my thoughts on U2

Last edited:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Look up his posts on the Entertainment forum. And for more eyeopening stuff, his posts at the Political Discussion board.
If it's not movies, books or tennis, I don't remember posts about anything else. It's my superhero special power.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
If it's not movies, books or tennis, I don't remember posts about anything else. It's my superhero special power.

Just use the serach function and search only for posts on this board. You don't even have to click on the posts to read them fully, you'll see "a pattern" fairly quickly. :laugh:

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
1...2...3...14!

Edit: listened to the Fallon link, and I mean it's okay, I guess...

All I want is you + October
Bad
Kite
I will follow
Gloria
Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me
Bullet the blue sky
Desire
Even better than the real thing
The unforgettable fire

Last edited:

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Bono's sons band Inhaler is quite good based on the several singles. New album out next month. The thing though are his vocals....they sound really close to Bono but I prefer them cos the guy doesn't oversing as much as Bono (yet):

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad