NEW: Cam Robinson Talks Sharks Prospects: Who Might Be Better Than Smith? His 2024 Draft Favorites?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Professionally, IDK why Duclair would resign with us. Clearly the absence of quality line mates is hurting his production, so if he wants to win + get paid, he'd best go elsewhere
Even if we could be the team that he’d get paid most by, the team should still rent him out and Duclair should want the competitive opportunity.

Reactions: Shark Finn

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021
I don’t see it happening but Ferraro and Kunin to the maple loaves for their first. I’d rather see a deal with Carolina and see if they could pry Brett Pesce away, maybe a bigger 3 to 4 player deal sending Tanko that way too

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Pete Taylor

Dec 11, 2017
Kahkonen and Blackwood need more praise. I know we are trying to lose, these 2 have single handedly won us games. Let them go play for a team that has a chance to do something, we are not only wasting good years from them, but it is literally a negative for them to perform well on our squad.

Shark Finn

∀dministrator
Jan 5, 2012
Herwood
Kahkonen and Blackwood need more praise. I know we are trying to lose, these 2 have single handedly won us games. Let them go play for a team that has a chance to do something, we are not only wasting good years from them, but it is literally a negative for them to perform well on our squad.
Everybody loses. Sharks hockey.

Pete Taylor

Dec 11, 2017
I hate rooting for the Sharks to lose. They are far and away my favorite sports team. Picking 4th for the next 5 years is a sure fire way for us to end up like Buffalo.

Of course I want the players to be happy, unfortunately, we have to lose for the rest of the season to expedite the process.

Reactions: Skeksis25

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Kahkonen has definitely not underwhelmed. His underlying numbers are very strong this season (almost 8 goals saved above expected according to Moneypuck) and eye test is also night and day compared to the first half of last season.

Duclair I would keep more for his off-ice leadership qualities unless we can get a legit return for him like a 2nd + something else. He’s also one of the very few forwards in the entire organization with speed and finish.

They’re also both young enough that signing them to 2-3 year extensions will allow us to kick the can down the road and get a similar return in a few years if we choose to. Basically I think they’re good stop gaps until we figure out what some of the prospects are going to top out as.

Completely agree, Duclair has taken on a mentor role and genuinely seems like he’s happy here. A 3rd rounder is meh, I’d rather he keep helping Eklund and Zetterlund.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Completely agree, Duclair has taken on a mentor role and genuinely seems like he’s happy here. A 3rd rounder is meh, I’d rather he keep helping Eklund and Zetterlund.
If he wants to resign to a reasonable hit then yeah, but if he’s leaving at the end of the year then I’d rather take the pick.

Reactions: DG93

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com

Frank Seravalli had a podcast segment about how unhappy the Sharks players are, so Sheng did some digging to see how much of it is real. We respond to that and Frank's comments on a Canucks Army podcast as well in which he called Grier the 2nd worst GM in the league behind now fired Jarmo. We also compare the Sharks of February 2023 to February 2024 and see just how much of a dropoff there has been in a year. Anyways, lots of ranting in this one.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007

Frank Seravalli had a podcast segment about how unhappy the Sharks players are, so Sheng did some digging to see how much of it is real. We respond to that and Frank's comments on a Canucks Army podcast as well in which he called Grier the 2nd worst GM in the league behind now fired Jarmo. We also compare the Sharks of February 2023 to February 2024 and see just how much of a dropoff there has been in a year. Anyways, lots of ranting in this one.

I hope the words "f***" and "Seravalli" make an appearance in that order.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I go on a little rant for sure lol
Your point about how it seems like National media is specifically dumping on the Sharks a lot is really poignant. The Ducks, Coyotes, Hawks, Sabres, and Blue Jackets have been just as bad as the Sharks for longer than the Sharks, so why is it that Grier, who has been the Sharks’ GM literally for a year and a half, is the target for all these guys? It’s just suspicious.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007
Sheng has to hold his tongue about his peers, but reading between the lines, it's pretty clear that Seravalli's source is Labanc and that Gregor also shit on the team last year and that's all they need to make some statements in a podcast. Really helps connect the dots for the waiver weirdness as well.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Sheng has to hold his tongue about his peers, but reading between the lines, it's pretty clear that Seravalli's source is Labanc and that Gregor also shit on the team last year and that's all they need to make some statements in a podcast. Really helps connect the dots for the waiver weirdness as well.
Seravaili also ended up looking like an ass hat with the Labanc waivers thing, so he's prob just mad at Grier's front office lol

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Your point about how it seems like National media is specifically dumping on the Sharks a lot is really poignant. The Ducks, Coyotes, Hawks, Sabres, and Blue Jackets have been just as bad as the Sharks for longer than the Sharks, so why is it that Grier, who has been the Sharks’ GM literally for a year and a half, is the target for all these guys? It’s just suspicious.
Yeah it's really unfair. I think there's a disconnect somewhere or some bias cause he's new.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
Maybe it's just straight reportage that's being taken the wrong way. Labanc doesn't feel like he's playing on an NHL franchise because...he isn't. Gregor didn't feel prepared for games because...he wasn't. Food for thought :sarcasm:

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I just finished listening to the last podcast.

You guys correctly call out 4 offense only wingers in Duclair, Hoffman, Labanc, and Barabonov as a significant reason the Sharks are easier to play against this year. It should be noted that Labanc and Barabonov were inherited from the previous regime and Hoffman was only acquired to facilitate moving Karlsson. Duclair is the only one of those wingers that Grier sought out. He has had the best season of the bunch.

coooldude

Jul 25, 2007

(when Grier trades Duclair for Wahlstrom just remember I called it)

Didn't even know wahlstrom. A little quick archival work shows a nice cautionary tale on the draft and why you can't get too wedded to any one pick. Islanders fans were absolutely stoked to get him at 11OA. "A better Boeser" "Laine-esque scoring" etc.

And similarly lofty discussion on the main thread.

But we also have our own Zadina to remind us every day.

Reactions: Sandisfan

YUPPY

Oct 5, 2020

Report: Sharks players don't draw much trade deadline interest.​

What a shocker “One of the problems that San Jose has, there’s not a lot there that people are chasing,” Friedman said. Seemed like we have over-estimated the Sharks talents here in this chatroom. It's going to be a VERY quiet trading deadline for GMMG. ZZZZZZZ

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad