NEW: Cam Robinson Talks Sharks Prospects: Who Might Be Better Than Smith? His 2024 Draft Favorites?

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
BOOOOOKMARKED!!!!!

But what the heck Todd Marchant is our new director of player development now?!! That guy is a Oiler Duck lifer!!! Look at that portrait he has framed behind him tsk tsk
He is indeed! It's a new era. Let bygones be bygones I guess.

That's great! Congrats!
Thank you! Got to work on my podcast voice, get less monotone. But we'll get there, we'll get there.

Reactions: slocal

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
So uhh do you get paid for this?

And who pays you? SJHN? If so, I'm going to need to subscribe so that you can, like the young kids say these days, JUST TAKE MY MONEY!!
We split the earnings from the podcast, but that's also assuming there will be any lol. Either way I get paid per diem from articles by Sheng.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Thanks to everyone here for telling me to just go for it and pursue hockey writing. Seriously...it's been an awesome year. I've joined with Sheng to restart the SJHockeyNow Podcast. The first episode is an interview with Todd Marchant, director of player development for the San Jose Sharks. We talk draft, Michkov, Sharks prospects, and more. We also talk a good bit before about Karlsson news, Marleau news, and the upcoming 2023 NHL Draft.

Good for you!

I admire your courage. Especially since we’ve now all seen your face. :laugh:

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
It takes courage every day waking up and seeing my face.

Seriously though, you dont fool me for one sec. I'm honestly expecting you to one day pull off your mask on a podcast to reveal Scott Hannan underneath. I mean, there is a reason Hannan is bald (it makes putting on a mask easier and now he gets to be employed by both the Sharks where he can tow the company line and SJHN where he can criticize the team like we the fans deserve and want (he's learned alot about how to avoid the fate of how Drew was fired, smart guy really)

Great Makohead Shork

Apr 25, 2022
Seriously though, you dont fool me for one sec. I'm honestly expecting you to one day pull off your mask on a podcast to reveal Scott Hannan underneath. I mean, there is a reason Hannan is bald (it makes putting on a mask easier and now he gets to be employed by both the Sharks where he can tow the company line and SJHN where he can criticize the team like we the fans deserve and want (he's learned alot about how to avoid the fate of how Drew was fired, smart guy really)
This is why Sheng locked the Youtube comments.

Seriously though, @Kcoyote3 I've loved every second of your content and it's been awesome watching your career grow. Extremely well deserved. Looking forward to starting my Sunday with a cup of coffee and the pod

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
This is why Sheng locked the Youtube comments.

Seriously though, @Kcoyote3 I've loved every second of your content and it's been awesome watching your career grow. Extremely well deserved. Looking forward to starting my Sunday with a cup of coffee and the pod
I am the reason Sheng locked the youtube comments lol?

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Thanks to everyone here for telling me to just go for it and pursue hockey writing. Seriously...it's been an awesome year. I've joined with Sheng to restart the SJHockeyNow Podcast. The first episode is an interview with Todd Marchant, director of player development for the San Jose Sharks. We talk draft, Michkov, Sharks prospects, and more. We also talk a good bit before about Karlsson news, Marleau news, and the upcoming 2023 NHL Draft.

Very happy for you dude. I remember you telling me you just did your analyzing stuff as a hobby. You’re too talented and In depth to not pursue this as a profession. Your content is very detailed and knowledgeable. Looking forward to more of your work!

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Very happy for you dude. I remember you telling me you just did your analyzing stuff as a hobby. You’re too talented and In depth to not pursue this as a profession. Your content is very detailed and knowledgeable. Looking forward to more of your work!
Thanks man! I do it as a hobby, job is stressful and the benefit of it is the lack of stress lol. Mostly I’m doing it to get better at it. The evaluating, rating, etc. Maybe one day, but that’s far off I would say

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Thanks man! I do it as a hobby, job is stressful and the benefit of it is the lack of stress lol. Mostly I’m doing it to get better at it. The evaluating, rating, etc. Maybe one day, but that’s far off I would say
I totally get it man. Still really really cool to see from the outside looking in. Btw, I may have already run this prospect by you, what’s your rating of Kasper Hulttanen and do you see him as a late 1st or 2nd rd option at 36?

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I totally get it man. Still really really cool to see from the outside looking in. Btw, I may have already run this prospect by you, what’s your rating of Kasper Hulttanen and do you see him as a late 1st or 2nd rd option at 36?
I like him, but a lot of other public scouts don’t. He’s pretty one dimensional, his shooting is the standout skill. I dunno, to me he seems like a good 2nd round option, but the trend for shooters to fall has been set by guys like Zadina who don’t succeed at the next level.

He was Finland’s best forward at the U18s though and I watched some U20 games of his and he looked good, just not super creative.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I like him, but a lot of other public scouts don’t. He’s pretty one dimensional, his shooting is the standout skill. I dunno, to me he seems like a good 2nd round option, but the trend for shooters to fall has been set by guys like Zadina who don’t succeed at the next level.

He was Finland’s best forward at the U18s though and I watched some U20 games of his and he looked good, just not super creative.
Our prospect pool is rather lean on Fins in general. I wonder if that’s a lack of scouting resources being devoted to Finland or maybe it’s nothing and we just haven’t went with a Finnish player in some time. i don’t know, maybe I’m missing someone. Wouldn’t mind taking a flier on Hulttanen If he slips past the 2nd rd.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00