New Season....but where to watch it?

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I guess now that a new season is official, there may be some more push to get some distribution deals done. I'll have to pay closer attention - if anyone hears of streaming options of FSO (or whatever it will be called now), please post.

DEF

Oct 24, 2008
White Castle's
On further investigation Fubo doesn't have FSO. Will probably wait till I get to Florida and do the monthly subscription to NHLTV.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Finally broke down for the return of the dreaded Spectrum cable. Bye bye Hulu.

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Finally broke down for the return of the dreaded Spectrum cable. Bye bye Hulu.

I get the temptation. I signed up for one more month with Hulu. They usually get these things solved closer to the season start date. If not I will not renew next month and will look for alternate options. I've never had an issue finding a stream via the internet. But personally I'm beyond done with Spectrum cable.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I get the temptation. I signed up for one more month with Hulu. They usually get these things solved closer to the season start date. If not I will not renew next month and will look for alternate options. I've never had an issue finding a stream via the internet. But personally I'm beyond done with Spectrum cable.
NBA season has started and no deal was done. Sinclair has public said they are going to spin off the regional sport networks as monthly subscription channels and they won’t be available for a few months.

DEF

Oct 24, 2008
White Castle's
I went back to Spectrum. I got the streaming service and it sucks. Spectrum is too cheap to pay Roku so it doesn't work with with any of my devices. I'm using ESPN and Fox apps and getting a good feed from them.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Luckily I'm on ATTNow for streaming so I still get them. If they drop off of here I'm going the VPN route and using my NHL.tv subscription.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
..I'm going the VPN route and using my NHL.tv subscription.

This what I'm thinking, if anyone has a VPN provider they'd recommend, feel free to DM me.

I activated Sling over the holidays so I could get NHL network and watch World Juniors. I was hoping for some kind of last minute deal between Sling and FS but that doesn't seem likely.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Gonna renew my nhltv account and go that route. Only thing that sucks about that is since they don’t cover the playoffs come that time I’ll have to figure out what to do. I got Sling during the playoffs last season so maybe I’ll do that again this year. Guess that’s a question for several months from now though.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
It just dawned on me that this crap had not been resolved...

Now I'm going to need one kind person here to slide into my DMs to explain to me how I setup the VPN to make it work with my NHL.TV sub (plz) :D

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio
I'll invest in a VPN and disappoint my intellectual-property-lawyer brother before I go that path.

It just dawned on me that this crap had not been resolved...

Now I'm going to need one kind person here to slide into my DMs to explain to me how I setup the VPN to make it work with my NHL.TV sub (plz) :D

I’d pay for nhl tv too if someone can direct me on the blackout work around.

My dad has spectrum. Can I download spectrum app on my Apple TV and use his log in? I have ROKUs too, but looks like they aren’t working?

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I have a paid-for VPN so I'm out of the loop, but Hola Better Internet – Access censored sites used to work GREAT for me as a Chrome add-in. If something was blacked out (like a TSN vid or NHL.TV stream), you just clicked the add-in button, it twirled, and you were good. Worth a shot, it's free.

EDIT: Hmm. Perhaps do your own research before you try it. Just did a little googling and seems some privacy concerns have surfaced since I last used it: Adios, Hola! - Why you should immediately uninstall Hola

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

My dad has spectrum. Can I download spectrum app on my Apple TV and use his log in? I have ROKUs too, but looks like they aren’t working?

I've used my friend's dad's Verizon login for years. Works like a charm on all sorts of stuff, including HBO, ESPN, VH1, etc. Should work for you.

Reactions: Bobcat110

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

You can download the Fox Sports Go app and use his Spectrum login as well.

Reactions: Bobcat110

georgiabluejacket

Jun 6, 2002
Georgia
Gonna renew my nhltv account and go that route. Only thing that sucks about that is since they don’t cover the playoffs come that time I’ll have to figure out what to do. I got Sling during the playoffs last season so maybe I’ll do that again this year. Guess that’s a question for several months from now though.

I got the playoffs thru my NHLTV this past season. Maybe because mine was via ROKU, but I watched it via my phone while at work too. The only issue I had was those that were NBCSN I had to watch after the game ended, but being as I was asleep most of the time when they were live(work mids) this wasn't an issue

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

That should work assuming he lives in the CBJ viewing area.

Also, I have not done it myself but I googled around and it seems pretty simple to set up a VPN if you plan on watching via a computer. I've considered it but just haven't felt the need yet since I do have AT&TNow.

Just simply log into the app and then select the out of market server to direct yourself through. It gets a touch more difficult on the internet configuration of you want to do it on Apple TV for example as you need to set up a ddns server and then direct your apple tv's internet traffic through that server and configure the vpn to use that server as well. Not exactly rocket science but youtube has video walking through it.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I know many of you are very knowledgeable about tech....your thoughts on the best VPN options? Thanks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad