Rumor: New Retro Reverse Jersey design leaked?

Breaded Fox

Nov 8, 2010
NJ
Blue is a bit too bright for my taste. Actually love seeing the old school orange NHL logo. The Heritage jersey colors will always be my favorite.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
What is jersey sizing like these days for casual wear? I am 5'9", solid medium in most clothes, ~40ish suit jacket size.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
I’ll probably buy one eventually, I need something to replace my #18 Mark Staal jersey I feel embarrassed whenever I wear it to MSG lol

I love seeing people rocking old jerseys with players that arent on the team anymore. While i know he wasnt the most popular player at the end of his term here he did play over 10 seasons so its a solid jersey

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
What is jersey sizing like these days for casual wear? I am 5'9", solid medium in most clothes, ~40ish suit jacket size.
I would go with a 50 if I were you. If you like a little baggy go 52
I think he'd be swimming in that, I'm 5'9, size medium in most tees & wear a 46. It depends on his bodytype, I'm quite slim/athletic

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
As expected they are just 'meh'. Just lacking in creativity and/or anything that makes it pop. If it was a school project it's the kind of thing you put together the night before and the teacher gives toy C because they're just glad you got it in on time.
You can almost hear the design meeting:

We need a new alternative for the season
Awesome! How about a Liberty?
Didn't we do that last season?
Oh yeah, how about we change the shade of blue?
Brilliant, lunch?

I know we're a storied franchise with much history and tradition but would probably to branch out just occasionally.
And yes I know " we're the blueshirts" means we can never wear anything other than blue because the universe might break and we'd stuck suddenly having to wear a novelty jersey for all eternity, but at least give it a try...

Some concepts more interesting than this in the time it took me to take the morning dump:

RR 1 - reverse the logos of the liberty so that tge original shoulder patch becomes the crest and there's now liberty on the shoulders. Boring but at least a reversal

RR 2 - reverse the colours; Red jersey. I know, sacrilegious despite there being red on all our jerseys...

RR 3 - reverse the colours; Silver jersey. Even more sacrilegious, but there's silver throughout the original liberty so it works

Random 1 - say "f*** it" and combine red and blue to get a purple jersey (red and blue make purple don't they (Art class was a long time ago and I spent most of it eating the paints...)?
Call it the the Rangers Royal Reverse Retro Range because even if it looks like crap alliteration is great!

Or you know, just do anything that isn't a blue liberty...

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
I weigh ~170, not as jacked up as @Loki Dog 74 but enough.

Yeah thinking I should just walk to the NHL store and see whats up.
So muscular not fat right? lol, because 170lb muscular dude is going to be smaller than 170lb fat dude as muscle is more dense than fat. My best guess for a muscular 5'9/170lb dude would be a size 48. Definitely try em on if you can, every brand jerseys fit differently. One thing I notice about Adidas is they are really long, not sure if they've changed that since the original incarnation but I bought a Rangers jersey when they first switched to Adidas and it's longer than the Reeboks were. Don't like how they flare out at the bottom either, but they may have fixed that in later iterations.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
So muscular not fat right? lol, because 170lb muscular dude is going to be smaller than 170lb fat dude as muscle is more dense than fat. My best guess for a muscular 5'9/170lb dude would be a size 48. Definitely try em on if you can, every brand jerseys fit differently. One thing I notice about Adidas is they are really long, not sure if they've changed that since the original incarnation but I bought a Rangers jersey when they first switched to Adidas and it's longer than the Reeboks were. Don't like how they flare out at the bottom either, but they may have fixed that in later iterations.
ha yeah, I am not fat anymore! 48 might be the move.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Thank you! That’s awesome. They look sharp too. I prefer those to the other newer alternates.
I liked them as a once off kind of thing (I also wasn't alive to see them in the 70s), but from memory people were pretty critical of them back in 03-04. Of course that was on the Rangers bulletin board and that place was pretty crappy by then...

Reactions: egelband

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I can’t determine what % of this sweater’s hype is aesthetics v. nostalgia. It’s cool though.

Once I walked pasted a ‘Gretzky 99’ white version behind a storefront window. Now, that was 100% aesthetics and 100% nostalgia.

NYRfan85

D'oh!
Jun 2, 2020
South Carolina
We wore them in 03-04 for a few games (both blues and whites), then they got replaced by the newer heritage 3rds (diagonal New York) after the lockout.
Here's a clip

I loved these jerseys, and would absolutely get one if they ever brought it back. They get so much hate, but I love them! Would have made for a great RR jersey.

Reactions: Rongomania

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
I bet it'll look nice when they're actually on the ice.
Was just going to say that.

Im not in love with them but we will see how they look on the players, on the ice. Think its going to be pretty bright against the white ice, even with the horrible lighting in MSG

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00