New Redline Report-Frolik to play for Rimouski

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Woodlief also wrote about Keith Seabrook.Brent's younger brother

Seabrook's offensive skills have always been evident, but up until late this season, the production has been a little slow in coming. While he doesn't have his older brother's size, he's got more puck skill than Brent did at the same age. Like Camrose's T.J. Fast last season (who went in the 2nd round to Los Angeles), Seabrook is a late-rising, run-and-gun Tier II defenceman who could be a wildcard come draft day

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/columnist.jsp?content=20060519_133408_4340

Keith is going to the University of Denver

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Thanks for the link. It's gonna be fun [maybe not for him] to see where Frolik gets picked on draft day.

Crosby=Gretzky

Dec 7, 2004
i lost myself
This is great news for Rimouski. Now they have Gratchev, Skokan, Frolik and some other players to build a great team with, and they're probably gonna end up with Sauve in draft so they'll improve their D, too. Rimouski will be a great team in a few years.

Souffle

A soupçon of nutmeg
Aug 9, 2003
Le Creuset
Visit site
LeftKinger said:
What kind of impact will this have on froliks draft position.

I was wondering the same thing. I don't suppose it will change a scout's opinion, but might it change management's position? As in, might a team be more inclined to take a chance on him earlier now that he'll get to play against contemporaries, get used to the NA game, gets lots of ice-time and confidence, be more easily watchable, etc.

Generally, relative to pure scouting, how much does development opportunity factor into a player's draft position?

Jack Splat

Apr 8, 2006
Hershey, PA
"The only person standing in Cormier's way to go first overall is Quebec-born defenceman Yann Sauve who, for Red Line's money, should clearly be the top pick based on the old "best player available" logic. The two-way blue-liner is a complete package and potential franchise cornerstone at a position that is the most difficult to fill. At 6-2/208 pounds, Sauve is a smooth, offensively gifted d-man with tremendous puck poise and physical presence."

He said "puck poise."

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
LeftKinger said:
What kind of impact will this have on froliks draft position.

coming over last year would have definitely helped his draft position but what he does or might do next year isn't gonna help him much in june. the one thing this will do is it'll make the team that ends up picking him very happy because he'll be in a better spot and his increased production in juniors will make the pick look like a major steal.

of course if you are the team drafting him would you rather he just jumps right to the ahl like la did with tukonen?? or was tukonen more advanced in his development??

RightKinger

Apr 25, 2006
Los Angeles
NYR469 said:
coming over last year would have definitely helped his draft position but what he does or might do next year isn't gonna help him much in june. the one thing this will do is it'll make the team that ends up picking him very happy because he'll be in a better spot and his increased production in juniors will make the pick look like a major steal.

of course if you are the team drafting him would you rather he just jumps right to the ahl like la did with tukonen?? or was tukonen more advanced in his development??
I really like what we did with Tukonen. I dont think you can really compare the two because Tukonen was more advanced in development than Frolik. This could be a really good move for Frolik. He could spend next year with Rimouski and gain his confidence back.

zoomba

May 11, 2006
Unionville, ON
Good decision if it does come to fruition. Frolik needs to play. Although he is facing tougher competition, he is not getting the ice time right now and is certainly not getting to perform in a role that shows his skills. In his case I think it will be a good thing to see him perform against other people his age on a regular basis.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I have a funny feeling that Frolik is going to be this year's Devin Setoguchi. Some team in the top 10 is going to take a chance on the fact that this last year was an off-year.

I don't know why, and it doesn't make a ton of sense, but my gut somehow says Columbus takes a shot at him. They don't have a whole lot of scoring talent on the wings in their system, and the Nash/Zherdev tandem means that there's no need to rush a guy like Frolik into the forefront.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
NYR469 said:
mueller will not be on the board at #11, he'll be gone 5-7

Yeah. I've heard the the last few years about players too. Yet, Tukonen and Kopitar both fell to the Kings. I'm predicting the same this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad