New Redline Report-Frolik to play for Rimouski

Joretus

zoomba said:
Good decision if it does come to fruition. Frolik needs to play. Although he is facing tougher competition, he is not getting the ice time right now and is certainly not getting to perform in a role that shows his skills. In his case I think it will be a good thing to see him perform against other people his age on a regular basis.

Should guy like Joensuu to play for juniors too to get big stats? Personally I think it's quite funny that playing in juniors making a lot of points is raising players so much when comparing them to players who are playing against seniors. I bet ie. Joensuu would do huge points in juniors if he would still play in there. Then again I'm quite sure teams aren't so off when scouting, at least I hope so.

Personally I think that if you are getting enough ice time and you can do something with puck and not just dump it, it's always more developing to play highest possible level against best possible opponents than just to get "great stats" and play against "players of your age".

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Joretus said:
Should guy like Joensuu to play for juniors too to get big stats? Personally I think it's quite funny that playing in juniors making a lot of points is raising players so much when comparing them to players who are playing against seniors. I bet ie. Joensuu would do huge points in juniors if he would still play in there. Then again I'm quite sure teams aren't so off when scouting, at least I hope so.

Personally I think that if you are getting enough ice time and you can do something with puck and not just dump it, it's always more developing to play highest possible level against best possible opponents than just to get "great stats" and play against "players of your age".

I don't know what you mean by 'huge numbers', but neither Frolik or Joensuu would have put up my definition of 'huge numbers' in the CHL this year. They would certainly have been well behind the best players in the league and I doubt either of them would be getting a point per game. I don't know what the junior league is like in Finland, but in the CHL Joensuu wouldn't be dominiting at his age and skill level. Maybe in two years but not as a 17 year old.

Joretus

Le Golie said:
I don't know what you mean by 'huge numbers', but neither Frolik or Joensuu would have put up my definition of 'huge numbers' in the CHL this year. They would certainly have been well behind the best players in the league and I doubt either of them would be getting a point per game. I don't know what the junior league is like in Finland, but in the CHL Joensuu wouldn't be dominiting at his age and skill level. Maybe in two years but not as a 17 year old.

Well I didn't ment Crosby numbers. But Joensuu scored 0.25p/game with seniors so with juniors it would have been all different story. Just ment that with juniors of course you can make a lot of points compared to seniors but that means nothing imho. And you can develope more against better players.

X-SHARKIE

This will boost the stock of Frolik on draft day mildly. At least he now looks committed to coming over to North America and this will be an ideal situation to regain his confidence as Redline mentioned.

I agree that Joensuu's game may not have developed all around as well as it did playing against men in Finland, but if he would've came over and played in the CHL his offensive game would've been more noticable and developed furthur than it did this past season, likely leading him to a higher draft status.

Joensuu plays a NA brand of hockey and would've thrived in the CHL IMO.

zoomba

May 11, 2006
Unionville, ON
Joretus said:

This is exactly what I was talking about. Whenever there is talk of a European player who is playing in a pro league in his own country everyone always assumes that by playing against the better competition he is becoming a better player. In the case of a guy like Malkin who is a top player on his team that is a valid point but for guys like Frolik I don't think it is. His stats aren't really of my concern, and as you said they probably don't mean that much to the scouts. What is an issue is the type of role he is being put in on his Czech team. He is not getting very much ice time and not being put in situations where his game will grow. On Rimouski next season he would have the chance to be one of the main players. He would get to play in all situations, if his play warrants it, and possibly develop a leadership role with his teammates. How is this not a good thing for him.

If he was playing a key role on his current team I would say that it is better for him to reamin and face the tougher competition. However as long as he continues to see pretty much 3rd or 4th line minutes I think he is better off going to a place where he can play the type of game he is going to be drafted to play.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
VanIslander said:
he will be drafted 11th

you heard it here first

(he will be an L.A. King, like it or NOT)

This would not be the worst thing in the world to happen....but I can think of at least 3 or 4 guys I would rather the Kings get at the 11th spot over Frolik.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad