OT: New Owner! New Name? New Season? New Everything!!! — Oh, and New Thread. All things Washington NFL FootBall (beat it, Dan-Bag!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Praetorian Caps

May 15, 2018
Way to step up the courage to share this when he's no longer owner, Jay Jay. Might have made more impact if you had discussed this at the time... maybe so other coaches and FA's could have avoided the chaos factory.

I expect we'll see a slow trickle of other horror stories that we all suspected were true, leaking out over time from the brave souls who said nothing about it when it was happening. Thank heaven the cheerleaders and other women who were part of the multi decade harassment fest spoke up when they did to start shining the spotlight on Dan Bag.
Oh told of this beforehand, like the drafting of Dwayne Haskins. Jay and his stuff would spend months putting a draft board together meticulously going over every player they were interested in only for Snyder to come in at the last tick and say I want this guy in the first round and bugger up the entire board. Granted he unveiled these revelations after he got sacked but this has been out since the start.

I think the worst example is when Zorn was the coach and in his own words Danny boy was Gung ho for Haynesworth and signed him despite all the warning signs. And of course when Fat Albert didn't work he blamed everyone else and acted like he had nothing to do with bringing him on board.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Oh told of this beforehand, like the drafting of Dwayne Haskins. Jay and his stuff would spend months putting a draft board together meticulously going over every player they were interested in only for Snyder to come in at the last tick and say I want this guy in the first round and bugger up the entire board. Granted he unveiled these revelations after he got sacked but this has been out since the start.

I think the worst example is when Zorn was the coach and in his own words Danny boy was Gung ho for Haynesworth and signed him despite all the warning signs. And of course when Fat Albert didn't work he blamed everyone else and acted like he had nothing to do with bringing him on board.
I thought Haynesworth was under Shanny. He kept failing his fitness tests lol

Reactions: kicksavedave

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I thought Haynesworth was under Shanny. He kept failing his fitness tests lol

Fat Albert was signed before Shanny was hired, I thought, under Zorn in 2009, and he had one decent season for them. And then when Shanny was hired in 2010 he made Fat Albert do a fitness test which he failed and was held out of practice until he passed it. Shanny had zero patience for that fat money thief.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
LOL, in double checking the years for Fat Albert, I found this.

wfvyxr2s73guvm9kwyhz.jpg

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Theismann, Harris and Rales. How does Joey T just slide right in like he lives there? Gawd I'd love to listen in to that conversation. The groveling must be world class.

Also, roster cards?

imrs.php
Why would Joe T need to grovel? I don‘t see him offering it, or the other two as guys who require that, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking from me.

kicksavedave

Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Joey T wasn’t ever tall — barely scraped 6 feet. So is Josh Harris a “little guy”, or what??

He's, dare I say, Dan Snyder sized.

Why would Joe T need to grovel? I don‘t see him offering it, or the other two as guys who require that, but maybe that’s just wishful thinking from me.

Apparently you've never seen Joey T talk about the Dan Snyder Redskins before? Not sure there's any bigger cheerleader. He knows where his bread is buttered.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Chase was the easy #2 pick that year, some draft gurus even had him ranked #1. Why does this keep getting brought up
But just about every year a "franchise altering" or"generational" DE is near the top of the board. They're overvalued by all those draft gurus. They do it every year. How many generational DEs are currently playing in the NFL?

Reactions: usiel

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
But just about every year a "franchise altering" or"generational" DE is near the top of the board. They're overvalued by all those draft gurus. They do it every year. How many generational DEs are currently playing in the NFL?
This made me think of the best D lineman from my memories. Though I hate the Eagle good lord Reggie White was the beast. [edit sp]

Last edited:
Reactions: Holtbyisms

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Young was hyped up just about as much as Garrett was, but Garrett is actually good. The Bosa brothers were also hyped up and they turned out… actually good. Parsons, Watt, the Bosas, Garrett, im not sure you’d call them all generational but they’re all really good

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Young was hyped up just about as much as Garrett was, but Garrett is actually good. The Bosa brothers were also hyped up and they turned out… actually good. Parsons, Watt, the Bosas, Garrett, im not sure you’d call them all generational but they’re all really good
They're really good but they're not franchise altering or generational and neither is Young. The fad started with JJ Watt and everyone has been chasing the next JJ since he burst onto the scene, including the draft gurus. Fact is, they should have used that pick to take a QB. Hopefully my UNC guy Howell balls out and it doesn't matter but time will tell.

Reactions: usiel

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
They're really good but they're not franchise altering or generational and neither is Young. The fad started with JJ Watt and everyone has been chasing the next JJ since he burst onto the scene, including the draft gurus. Fact is, they should have used that pick to take a QB. Hopefully my UNC guy Howell balls out and it doesn't matter but time will tell.
If Garrett and Nick Bosa aren’t “generational” DEs I’m not sure what is. I’m also not sure where this conversation is going, Young was the clear consensus #2 pick that year and it was a no brainer. Saying they should have used it on a QB is revisionist history, even if we didn’t have Haskins, I’d bet a good chance we were still taking Young. The fact of the matter is Young is trending towards bust status, this wouldn’t even be a conversation if he was wreaking havoc piling up 16 sacks a year like we all thought he was going to do.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Man looking even closer at that 2020 draft Jalen Hurts goes 2nd round. Could be 4 HOF QBs.

We traded our very high 2020 2nd round pick to the Colts for (Pittman Jr) to move up in 2019 for Sweat.

2019 and 2020 drafts looking like F grades

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad