OT: New Owner! New Name? New Season? New Everything!!! — Oh, and New Thread. All things Washington NFL FootBall (beat it, Dan-Bag!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Screenshot_20240113-224808~2.png

Maybe this is why Dan Quinn is high on Commanders list 😂

• Haha
Reactions: ynotcaps

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I'd be mad but I'm at a bar and I get peacock for 3 dollars a month anyway as a Comcast subscriber
I... just have it.

It's like 5 bucks, it's got comfort shows (Office, Parks and Rec), and then sometimes they get better movies than you'd expect them to bid on. A few months ago they were the ones with all the John Wick movies, Train to Busan's on there right now, BlacKkKlansman or however you want to write that when it's not on a poster... it's not bad.

Plus I only got it to watch the Olympics and you can watch the everloving shit out of the Olympics when it's that time. Worth it to me, and if they're going to keep putting primetime sports on there I'm good with it.

Plus it's one of the services that doesn't auto-pause, so I can put something on and let it run like regular TV, usually has a movie I can put on when I've browsed out on some of the others

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
1705206054874.gif

I... just have it.

It's like 5 bucks, it's got comfort shows (Office, Parks and Rec), and then sometimes they get better movies than you'd expect them to bid on. A few months ago they were the ones with all the John Wick movies, Train to Busan's on there right now, BlacKkKlansman or however you want to write that when it's not on a poster... it's not bad.

Plus I only got it to watch the Olympics and you can watch the everloving shit out of the Olympics when it's that time. Worth it to me, and if they're going to keep putting primetime sports on there I'm good with it.

Plus it's one of the services that doesn't auto-pause, so I can put something on and let it run like regular TV, usually has a movie I can put on when I've browsed out on some of the others
I got it for EPL….during Covid times…

Reactions: HTFN

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
View attachment 802829

I got it for EPL….during Covid times…
It's not a world beater but I'm amused to see it be such a punching bag. It's really cheap, has some TV staples, variety, and an inroad to sports, Premier League replays and stuff is pretty wild for the price point, and not that it's my bag but I bet anyone who loves wrestling has got to be stoked on the amount of content they've got. And again, the Olympics come around and suddenly it's like the only thing on for me, I love that shit.

Like I said, they get good shit when it floats from other platforms and now more of their originals seem to be worth a moment or two (Twisted Metal, The Continental)

For a few bucks, if I were cutting budget they're not the first service I'd cancel, possibly not even the second.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
This could wind up being the most impactful offseason in team history.

Let's hope so, because that would be epic.

In 1981, Cooke and Beathard brought in Joe Gibbs. In the draft that year, Beathard selected Mark May, Russ Grimm, Dexter Manley, Charlie Brown, Darryl Grant, and Clint Didier. Then Gibbs went out and talked Riggins into returning from "retirement" (sat 1980 out with a contract dispute).

If they can beat that offseason this offseason, we'll be in real good shape. Don't hold your breath though, cuz that might be one of the best team draft classes ever, and Gibbs and Riggo were also kinda good as I recall. ;)

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Let's hope so, because that would be epic.

In 1981, Cooke and Beathard brought in Joe Gibbs. In the draft that year, Beathard selected Mark May, Russ Grimm, Dexter Manley, Charlie Brown, Darryl Grant, and Clint Didier. Then Gibbs went out and talked Riggins into returning from "retirement" (sat 1980 out with a contract dispute).

If they can beat that offseason this offseason, we'll be in real good shape. Don't hold your breath though, cuz that might be one of the best team draft classes ever, and Gibbs and Riggo were also kinda good as I recall. ;)

That offseason launched them right into the Super Bowl win the very next year. If we can duplicate that or even come close, it will be a minor miracle and put Josh Harris into the DC Hall of Fame instantly. And possibly make Dan Snyder commit Hari-Kari, which I'd pay to watch.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Maybe you west coast guys get more than you want of him than the rest of us do, given the geographic coverage…I don’t hear much bad about him, but then again I don’t care about things like painting his nails.

Have to leave it to Peters now…not even worth getting fired up about potential red flags. The process will hopefully find out if those are just growing pains or real issues.

I have no problem with him painting his nails either, he does it to express support for his mom. Its the messages he's chosen at times which are immature.

\

He did Eff Utah as well and some other childish stuff.

Last edited:

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
So much for browns beating ravens, they’re probably going to the super bowl now

Still hoping we get 9ers bills

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I'll be honest as an outsider although you guys keep sucking me in and this is becoming my second team:

I'm all for men crying, and vulnerability, and yet the thing that just rubs me so slightly wrong is him crying with his family and then going into a bit of a cocoon. He lost a game he should have won, got upset, and then vanished. That doesn't scream, to me, a guy with the intangibles to make it.

Look at Bryce Young and tell me this is a better prospect than that? The physicals don't matter, it's the mental, and I'd probably take Young over this dude. Take Maye and see how it goes.

Reactions: kicksavedave

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I'll be honest as an outsider although you guys keep sucking me in and this is becoming my second team:

I'm all for men crying, and vulnerability, and yet the thing that just rubs me so slightly wrong is him crying with his family and then going into a bit of a cocoon. He lost a game he should have won, got upset, and then vanished. That doesn't scream, to me, a guy with the intangibles to make it.

Look at Bryce Young and tell me this is a better prospect than that? The physicals don't matter, it's the mental, and I'd probably take Young over this dude. Take Maye and see how it goes.
I'm not on the side that is overly concerned on the crying thing. I was kinda impressed that a high profile college player was ok with crying in front of the cameras. I believe it is more of evaluating how her perceivers in a game like a bad first half. If there is any evidence of emotionally spiraling then yeah that would be a concern.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I'm not on the side that is overly concerned on the crying thing. I was kinda impressed that a high profile college player was ok with crying in front of the cameras. I believe it is more of evaluating how her perceivers in a game like a bad first half. If there is any evidence of emotionally spiraling then yeah that would be a concern.
I mean, again, I'm not on a "crying is baby weakness" movement here, I just thought it wasn't the type of game that really warranted the response. Bowl game time, sure, no problem at all. But it's just a season game, and one that should have been a win. Own it, live it, don't hide.

Reactions: usiel

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I mean, again, I'm not on a "crying is baby weakness" movement here, I just thought it wasn't the type of game that really warranted the response. Bowl game time, sure, no problem at all. But it's just a season game, and one that should have been a win. Own it, live it, don't hide.
I'm not sure about the hiding thing but respect the opinion. Obviously the game was important to Caleb....seems like a specific interpretation of how to handle that game. Bigger picture of course hope whomever is now in charge of drafting is good. I think we all know the drafting and development has been pathetic.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Ben Johnson's resume is a little thin to me. Slowik is my top choice, but I don't get a vote. Put me down as predicting, when Slowik gets a team of his own, he'll be very good.
Seems like they are also very high on Dan Quinn according to the NFL insiders yesterday

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

and somehow this team still sucked

To be fair... Champ was a baby, Prime had that turf toe (dont look up pictures). and Green was in his 40s.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Ben Johnson's resume is a little thin to me. Slowik is my top choice, but I don't get a vote. Put me down as predicting, when Slowik gets a team of his own, he'll be very good.
Yeah, Slowik's performance with a rookie QB hasn't hurt himself any.

Somewhat tangentially, MAN, did HOU ever have an epic cultural transition. They change their coach, they pull the boss move in the draft to grab pillars on both sides of the ball, and take their division to get a home playoff game, where they dominate. Some "experts" didn't like that they sent out this year's 1st in order to get back in because those experts expected it to be high -- well, it's still moving down the board.

What a difference from the Bill O'Brien coach-and-GM-in-one days. I don't think they're SB contenders this year, but they're definitely on their way.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Yeah, Slowik's performance with a rookie QB hasn't hurt himself any.

Somewhat tangentially, MAN, did HOU ever have an epic cultural transition. They change their coach, they pull the boss move in the draft to grab pillars on both sides of the ball, and take their division to get a home playoff game, where they dominate. Some "experts" didn't like that they sent out this year's 1st in order to get back in because those experts expected it to be high -- well, it's still moving down the board.

What a difference from the Bill O'Brien coach-and-GM-in-one days. I don't think they're SB contenders this year, but they're definitely on their way.
It helps when the Browns give them three first round draft picks for a player who shouldn’t even be in the league and not even on the team as of now in Deshaun Watson

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
It helps when the Browns give them three first round draft picks for a player who shouldn’t even be in the league and not even on the team as of now in Deshaun Watson
No doubt. Imagine being on the right side of a trade like that (for a change.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad