New NHL beneficiaries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Which prospects do you guys think will benefit most from the new rules? I mean this in terms of players that were talented but lack of size or speed would hold them back. With the new rules, these players may be able to have a better chance to stick in the NHL.

I think Mike Cammalleri and Derek Roy are 2 prime examples. Both are undersized but with great skill. In the old NHL, they would have to constantly prove themselves. Now, they may be more valuable than the usual 3rd & 4th line defensive forward clones.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
DuklaNation said:
Which prospects do you guys think will benefit most from the new rules? I mean this in terms of players that were talented but lack of size or speed would hold them back. With the new rules, these players may be able to have a better chance to stick in the NHL.

I think Mike Cammalleri and Derek Roy are 2 prime examples. Both are undersized but with great skill. In the old NHL, they would have to constantly prove themselves. Now, they may be more valuable than the usual 3rd & 4th line defensive forward clones.
Am I misunderstanding you or are you suggesting that Cammalleri is a 3rd or 4th line defensive forward?

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I think the Predators blueline youngsters benefit greatly. Having mobile two-way defensemen now will be a higher comidity and the Predators have some great ones in Hamhuis, Suter, Klien, Hutchinson and even Weber. Not to mention Kimmo and Zids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad