Pre-Game Talk: New, New Jets vs. Old Jets - 7pm CST MTSC Winnipeg, MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

impastabowl

Oct 15, 2011
Am I wrong, or are we above the roster limit? 24 man roster if Kane, Slater and Halischuk are off IR. So who gets waived tomorrow? Tangradi? Wright? Abuse-o?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Am I wrong, or are we above the roster limit? 24 man roster if Kane, Slater and Halischuk are off IR. So who gets waived tomorrow? Tangradi? Wright? Abuse-o?

I think Kane will be the only one coming off IR before the Phoenix game.

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I assume O'Dell?

O'Dell & Redmond are both in St. John's, although both remain listed on the Jets website which also still lists 4 players on the IR. (Jets website maintenance is routinely horrible)

All season the Jets haven't been forced to make any waiver decisions, being riddled with injuries.

With the roster freeze over for days & Slater, Halischuk & Kane all healthy, shouldn't we have sent someone down already?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
O'Dell & Redmond are both in St. John's, although both remain listed on the Jets website which also still lists 4 players on the IR. (Jets website maintenance is routinely horrible)

All season the Jets haven't been forced to make any waiver decisions, being riddled with injuries.

With the roster freeze over for days & Slater, Halischuk & Kane all healthy, shouldn't we have sent someone down already?

They are still all on IR. Something will have to give soon. It's possible Hali could do a conditioning stint on the rock or even a trade or two could make it unnecessary.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
We're over the roster limit when the injured are activated. The sense from PoMo's presser today was that they wouldn't activate everyone. Rosters expand in a week.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
They are still all on IR. Something will have to give soon. It's possible Hali could do a conditioning stint on the rock or even a trade or two could make it unnecessary.

From what I understand, players still count towards the roster limit while on conditioning stints.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
@WiebeSunSports: Evander Kane will be back in for #NHLJets on Thursday but Maurice said he was a bit hesitant to make many more changes vs #Coyotes

If Slater can go, Maurice would be wise to play him. Coming off the O break there will be plenty of rusty bodies out there, so why not start him on an even playing field. Wouldn't mind seeing Hallischuk go in too.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Ladd Little Forlik
Kane Scheifel Wheeler
Seto Jokinen Buff
Thorburn Slater Halischuk

is what I'd really like to see. Doubt that will happen, too much changes.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Ladd Little Forlik
Kane Scheifel Wheeler
Seto Jokinen Buff

Agree, but based on Maurice's comments, I'm expecting:

LLF
KSW
Seto Jokinen Buff
Tangradi Wright Thorburn

Insert Kane, shuffle Thorbs to the 4th.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
We're over the roster limit when the injured are activated. The sense from PoMo's presser today was that they wouldn't activate everyone. Rosters expand in a week.

I think there is your answer. Likely Kane is the only one getting activated off the IR this week. The others will get activated next week when the roster expands. Consequently the Jets will go with their pre-Olympic lineup, with the exception of Kane sliding onto the 2nd line. Slater and Hali are coming off long term injuries and are not real difference makers so why rush them in to force someone onto waivers.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

LLF
KSW
Seto Jokinen Buff
Tangradi Wright Thorburn

That group did pretty well without Kane in the lineup. I would think that having Kane back with S/W instead of Thorbs should be a huge boost to that second (first?) line. Sort of like the line being better than the sum of its parts.

I can see why PMo wants to get guys back in slowly and methodically.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Ladd Little Forlik
Kane Scheifel Wheeler
Seto Jokinen Buff

LLF
KSW
Seto Jokinen Buff
Tangradi Wright Thorburn

Agree with both of you guys. I'd like to see GJF's roster eventually, but with Maurice's comments, I can easily see YYG's roster.

Interesting though, in Maurice's comments he flat out says that while the players have all been medically cleared to play, HE needs to clear them as well. He wants to see how they look in practice, etc. As if, I don't know, there actually might be a process to how a player gets back on the ice after being injured?

Which is precisely what Noel indicated, before some people wanted to crucify him for not sticking Kane right back into the lineup even though he hadn't even practiced.

I know Halischuk and Slater are no Kane, but at least those guys have practiced. If either or both of them are out of the lineup, will the same vitrol be directed towards Maurice?

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Agree with both of you guys. I'd like to see GJF's roster eventually, but with Maurice's comments, I can easily see YYG's roster.

Interesting though, in Maurice's comments he flat out says that while the players have all been medically cleared to play, HE needs to clear them as well. He wants to see how they look in practice, etc. As if, I don't know, there actually might be a process to how a player gets back on the ice after being injured?

Which is precisely what Noel indicated, before some people wanted to crucify him for not sticking Kane right back into the lineup even though he hadn't even practiced.

I know Halischuk and Slater are no Kane, but at least those guys have practiced. If either or both of them are out of the lineup, will the same vitrol be directed towards Maurice?

I think the biggest difference between the Kane/Noel fiasco and the PMo situation, is the huge difference in communication between everyone.... players, coach, media. With Noel we never had a clue what was going on or why, which always leads to confusion on our side and with the players.

Pmo is a breath of fresh air. He doesn't see the need to be secretive and lays everything on the line in public. Big difference in my eyes.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Posted in the Ticketexchange thread - have 2 tix in sec 214 attacking blueline for sale on seatexchange for this game.

First time they've last over a few hours without being picked up. :dunno:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I think the biggest difference between the Kane/Noel fiasco and the PMo situation, is the huge difference in communication between everyone.... players, coach, media. With Noel we never had a clue what was going on or why, which always leads to confusion on our side and with the players.

Pmo is a breath of fresh air. He doesn't see the need to be secretive and lays everything on the line in public. Big difference in my eyes.

There is that for sure.

But Noel also said "there is a process", but once Kane said he was medically cleared, a lot of people wanted to throw Noel under the bus because Kane wasn't in the lineup.

There is a possibility that Noel didn't communicate this very well with Kane for sure, but I don't personally believe that.

I just think it's interesting that we have a situation where 3 guys who are all probably better than guys in our lineup, have been labeled as medically cleared by the coach, but the coach has also said that they are not cleared by him. Which is a contrast to the Noel / Kane situation, because it didn't seem like some people wanted to give Noel any authority as a coach to make the determination on whether or not a player should be in the lineup (Kane included it would seem).

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Posted in the Ticketexchange thread - have 2 tix in sec 214 attacking blueline for sale on seatexchange for this game.

First time they've last over a few hours without being picked up. :dunno:

Funny - my pair in 205 went inside an hour and a half...

m.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I think there is your answer. Likely Kane is the only one getting activated off the IR this week. The others will get activated next week when the roster expands. Consequently the Jets will go with their pre-Olympic lineup, with the exception of Kane sliding onto the 2nd line. Slater and Hali are coming off long term injuries and are not real difference makers so why rush them in to force someone onto waivers.

Beg to differ on Slater -- at >60% in the face-off circle that's a difference maker. But I'm also thinking it sounds like he might not be activated for this game. Hopefully top two lines are as good as they have been & we won't need 3 and 4to be at their best. Then again, if Pavs serves up another stinker, they'll need to score 4+ to win.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
@WiebeSunSports: All #NHLJets accounted for this morning: Ladd-Little-Frolik, Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler, Setoguchi-Jokinen-Byfuglien, Thorburn-Wright-Peluso

@WiebeSunSports: 5th line is Eric Tangradi-Jim Slater-Matt Halischuk. D pairs: Enstrom-Bogosian, Stuart-Trouba, Pardy-Ellerby. Postma the extra D. #NHLJets

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Ladd Little Forlik
Kane Scheifel Wheeler
Seto Jokinen Buff

I would agree completely with that.......and move Buff around as needed.

Slater is an underrated part of this team, you need clutch FO guys. Plus he just does so many of the little things right.

On D

44 39
5 8
2 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad