Pre-Game Talk: New, New Jets vs. Old Jets - 7pm CST MTSC Winnipeg, MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don't know about you guys, but I am growing tired of the discussions going on on our forum right now. I am SO ready for the Olympics to be over and to see if the Jets can continue this great turnaround. SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

- How will the team look with some rest, time to heal and some good praccy time with PMo?

- Which players will be back? Kaner? Hali? Slates? Clitty (ugh)? I say ugh about Clitsome but I would like to see him under the new system with Maurice at the helm.

- Will the Jets finally realize that we are not going anywhere with Pavelec getting the lions share of the starts? Will Monty finally get a real shot to see what he can do as the number 1?

- Will Byfuglien continue to play F and will be be traded before/ at the deadline?

I am even more excited for the return of NHL than I was at the start of this season. It's going to be a real horse race to the finish line. If the Jets can put together another run like the one to go into the Oly break oh man!

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Agreed. Love the Olympics, but can't wait for the Jets to be back. Really interested to see which direction Chevy goes at the TD.

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
We get to see two meaningful good games in the Olympics (three if you give Latvia a lot of credit) over a span of two weeks. I'm used to a Jets game every couple days!

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I say the Jets maintain their winning ways following the break including wins over the Yotes, Preds and Islanders going into the trading deadline. The Jets board becomes sharply dived between the sellers/tankers and the buyers/blind optimists (put me firmly in that camp).

Management seeing themselves tied for 8th place at the deadline decides to go for it. On deadline day the Jets land an experienced goalie and a LHD to play in the top 4 and a middle 6 winger with grit and playoff experience. Gone is Buff and Seto. Olli stays.

The Jets then start looking very dominant closing out the season. And we get to see some playoff hockey.

DarthMonty

F*** CANCER
Aug 21, 2011
Optimismville
I say the Jets maintain their winning ways following the break including wins over the Yotes, Preds and Islanders going into the trading deadline. The Jets board becomes sharply dived between the sellers/tankers and the buyers/blind optimists (put me firmly in that camp).

Management seeing themselves tied for 8th place at the deadline decides to go for it. On deadline day the Jets land an experienced goalie and a LHD to play in the top 4 and a middle 6 winger with grit and playoff experience. Gone is Buff and Seto. Olli stays.

The Jets then start looking very dominant closing out the season. And we get to see some playoff hockey.

Goosebumps.

I will add myself to the list of buyers/blind optimists. Chevaldayoff needs to land an, at least, average goaltender for a shot at the playoffs. If the Jets manage to move one of Setoguchi or Jokinen and either Stuart or Buff and get a big return including a legitimate goaltender, not just the playoffs become a reality, but maybe even a series win.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012

Been too busy at work to see much Olympics, but managed to watch Jones and Jacobs dominate curling, and the most memorable Cdn women's hockey game ever. After tomorrow AM's men's hockey game, that is it for the Olys for me.
And maybe that is it for the Olli, as well. I'd like to see him traded at the deadline, as he is at peak value right now.
Agree on Seto but strongly disagree on Buff (or Pavs, for that matter) while we are in the playoff hunt, unless we get a significant overpayment.
Is there a cautiously optimistic/no-tanking/trade only non-essential pieces camp? If so, count me in that one!

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Which players will be back? Kaner? Hali? Slates? Clitty (ugh)? I say ugh about Clitsome but I would like to see him under the new system with Maurice at the helm.

Clitsome is done for the year. Not sure what Hali's status is.

I keep forgetting that Jim Slater still plays for us. :laugh: Any improvement to the 4th line would be welcome.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

Dream scenario. That would make my year.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Is there a cautiously optimistic/no-tanking/trade only non-essential pieces camp? If so, count me in that one!

Count me in there too.

I'll be pulling for the Jets to make the playoffs until we are mathematically eliminated.

I also have no interest in dealing away high end pieces (picks or players) for rentals. And if Buff does get traded, I have no interest in a piece of the return being a goalie. Of all of our needs (forward depth, LHD, and goalie) I think a goalie should be the cheapest to acquire, and I would personally rather use Buff to fill one of the other needs.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Pretty sure Kane Slater and halischuk are back. That means roster decisions before the deadline.

White Out 403*

Feels like the off season its been so long. Really looking forward to the Coyotes game, should be a W at home and a great start to the last stretch. Here's hoping Chevy watched the olympics and saw that Pavelec is garbage behind any team.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Virtuity....Hank:sarcasm:

High-Five-GIF-2.gif

Gotta love those corny 1290 ads. :laugh:

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Pretty sure Kane Slater and halischuk are back. That means roster decisions before the deadline.

Would guess O'Dell will finish the season on the rock unless a trade(s) are made, also can't see the Jets carrying so many extra forwards, would bet Tangradi or (or both) Wright are waived.

PS Really like the Coyotes KORPIKOSKI, can we get him!

Sabs*

Eric tang should be put on waivers doesn't bring anything to the heats of value.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Would guess O'Dell will finish the season on the rock unless a trade(s) are made, also can't see the Jets carrying so many extra forwards, would bet Tangradi or (or both) Wright are waived.

PS Really like the Coyotes KORPIKOSKI, can we get him!

Korpikoski is one of those guys flying under the radar in Phoenix who isn't bad. I doubt there are any trades to be made with Western Conf. teams all within a few points of the playoffs right before the deadline though...

thereturn

Jul 10, 2011
Winnipeg
Korpikoski is one of those guys flying under the radar in Phoenix who isn't bad. I doubt there are any trades to be made with Western Conf. teams all within a few points of the playoffs right before the deadline though...

That's the trouble with finding teams to grab a player from, there's really only a few teams that look to be out of it once March 5th comes. Edmonton, Calgary, Buffalo, Islanders... Florida... that's probably it.

Aela*

Can't wait for Olympics to be done. I don't mind them, but i'm not very emotionally invested in them as I am the Jets.

Also, I think Chevy tries to pick up someone like Holtby, Neuvirth, Emery at the TD, and a good 4th liner, or I hope it's a good 4th liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad