Pre-Game Talk: New, New Jets vs. Old Jets - 7pm CST MTSC Winnipeg, MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
@WiebeSunSports: All #NHLJets accounted for this morning: Ladd-Little-Frolik, Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler, Setoguchi-Jokinen-Byfuglien, Thorburn-Wright-Peluso

@WiebeSunSports: 5th line is Eric Tangradi-Jim Slater-Matt Halischuk. D pairs: Enstrom-Bogosian, Stuart-Trouba, Pardy-Ellerby. Postma the extra D. #NHLJets

Wouldn't mind if they just switched line 5 with 4.

With the 2 goalies that's 24. Is someone still on IR?

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
@WiebeSunSports: All #NHLJets accounted for this morning: Ladd-Little-Frolik, Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler, Setoguchi-Jokinen-Byfuglien, Thorburn-Wright-Peluso

@WiebeSunSports: 5th line is Eric Tangradi-Jim Slater-Matt Halischuk. D pairs: Enstrom-Bogosian, Stuart-Trouba, Pardy-Ellerby. Postma the extra D. #NHLJets

Is it just me or is the "5th line" better than the 4th in every position...

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Officially Slater Halischuk & Kane are still on IR

Thanks. So the team can activate 2 without issue.

At some point though I'm guessing that the team has to activate all of them if they are healthy correct? Who get's sent down at that point? I can't see them trying to slip Postma back to the AHL. Or can they wait until the TD when rosters expand?

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Maurice-pre-game-January-31-2014-300x168.jpg

Coach Maurice - What is he hoping Evander Kane can do for this club? His thoughts on his goalies. Expect to ride one down the stretch? Expecting too much from the goalies? What would be like his roster post trade deadline to look like? One game at a time mentality now? His expectation of his team tomorrow night against Phoenix. Having a bunch of home games left. What does he expect from his rookies as season winds down? How does he breakdown the season? Can he get the positive experience for Jokinen to rub off on his team? Trade deadline talk.

To listen click here.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Don't really know where to put this, but I really love this quote from Maurice on Kane:

"I want him to play his game in our frame. Keep the things that make you special."

Sounds 180 degrees different than Noel's philosophy. It's obviously a dead horse, and alledued to in a different thread I think, but that kind of philosophy might have worked with Burmi.

On a different note, not really enthused by Maurice's quote on the goalies:

"They're both capable of stellar performances, and they're both capable of stealing a hockey game for you."

Really hope this is just media speak.

castle

Dec 2, 2011
Australia
Don't really know where to put this, but I really love this quote from Maurice on Kane:

"I want him to play his game in our frame. Keep the things that make you special."

Sounds 180 degrees different than Noel's philosophy. It's obviously a dead horse, and alledued to in a different thread I think, but that kind of philosophy might have worked with Burmi.

On a different note, not really enthused by Maurice's quote on the goalies:

"They're both capable of stellar performances, and they're both capable of stealing a hockey game for you."

Really hope this is just media speak.

they are both capable of accomlpishing those things. see Anaheim and Chicago games before the break. it's not just media speak. I see no mention of consistency in that quote though. That's media selectivity.

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
With the Jets being so poor in the faceoff dot, if they don't bring in Slater in place of Wright, I'll be doing this all during the game tomorrow... :shakehead

Kane back in of course is a no brainer.

Hustlechuk, they can wait for a time/spot to throw him back in (although I like his play).

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
they are both capable of accomlpishing those things. see Anaheim and Chicago games before the break. it's not just media speak. I see no mention of consistency in that quote though. That's media selectivity.

It's true "technically", but where I think it's media speak is because Maurice isn't going to go out and say that Pavs needs to put up at least league average stats for the Jets to have a chance.

kaolinite

Oct 24, 2013
Hopefully Ladd is rearing to go.

GO JETS GO
Looking forward to the white out:yo:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad