New Mock Draft Anyone? 16 team playoff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvus Corax

Prospectin
Apr 22, 2005
Northern BC
==========================================
TEAMS(Please Try not to pick a city someone else has)
1)Heatley Wanted--The Prince George Pine Beetles
2)Wisent--The Ludwigshafen Iron
3)King Henry I--The Riverdale Raccoon Warning
4)Daynus--The Humboldt Broncos
5)Ktownhockey--The Kingston Titans
6)fischer8--The Chesterton Zebras
7)Malo--The St. Albert Outlaws
8)leafs_fan1001--The Burlington Wave
9)NJDevils#4--The Toronto Wolverines
10)Dan McGillis--The Pennsylvania Roadkill
11)Jagr_68--The Hearst Lumberkings
12)willy_thebruinsfan--The Kamloops Wildfire
13)empty
14)empty
15)empty
16)empty

Since most of the other drafts are wrapping up thought i would see if anyones interested in a new one?

here are some starting guidelines, can possibly be changed a bit before we start
if anyone is interested let me know

IF YOU CANT BE HERE ON A REGULAR BASIS DONT BOTHER...

draft for the 2005-2006 season
There will be 16 teams teams(enough for a 16 team playoff)
NO NHL TEAM NAMES(Make up a Name)e.g. Prince George Axemen or Rochester RedNecks

RULES
1)You are drafting a team that would be ready to skate and play for the upcoming season. I will draw for the draft order.

2)if you figure a prospect may not play or that someone is not going to play due to age DONT draft them.

3)Trading will be allowed , as long as you end up with 2 goalies, 7 defensman and 13 forwards

4) There will be a 4 hour time limit for the first 2 rounds and a 2 hour limit for the following 20 rounds.(if you figure you wont be around for a bit leave me a list for at least a couple rounds in advance)

5)After Drafting is completed it will go to an NHL style playoff( 1st against 16th , 2nd against 15th)

Last edited:

Corvus Corax

Prospectin
Apr 22, 2005
Northern BC
For Pool of Players Im thinking anyone from NHL Rosters and Prospects upto and including the 2005 draft class. (crosby class NOT Phil Kessel class)

I am also willing to take in considerations for any ideas or changes before we start

*what would you guys think of assigning a time block each day to make your pick? Same time block all through the draft and if the person before you drafts before your block comes up then you can draft anyhow. but if everyone except the last person in the round drafts within ten minutes the last person still has til their time block is up?then everyone knows a set time to be here for sure for their pick and we get through at least one round a day?

8am-9am
9-10am
10-11am
11am-12pm
12-1pm
1-2pm
2-3pm
3-4pm
4-5pm
5-6pm
6-7pm
7-8pm
8-9pm
9-10pm
10-11pm
11-12pm

Last edited:

Corvus Corax

Prospectin
Apr 22, 2005
Northern BC
Wisent said:
Timeblock is fine with me, in fact that's a good idea. I'm all for it.
What time zone are we using?
well its 4:12 in bc and it says 6:12 on the boards here and its 8:12 somewhere else so how about the middle one .

Corvus Corax

Prospectin
Apr 22, 2005
Northern BC
heatley wanted said:
For Pool of Players Im thinking anyone from NHL Rosters and Prospects upto and including the 2005 draft class. (crosby class NOT Phil Kessel class)

I am also willing to take in considerations for any ideas or changes before we start

*what would you guys think of assigning a time block each day to make your pick? Same time block all through the draft and if the person before you drafts before your block comes up then you can draft anyhow. but if everyone except the last person in the round drafts within ten minutes the last person still has til their time block is up?then everyone knows a set time to be here for sure for their pick and we get through at least one round a day?

8am-9am==TENTH
9-10am==ELEVENTH
10-11am==SO ON AND SO ON
11am-12pm
12-1pm
1-2pm
2-3pm
3-4pm==FIRST
4-5pm==SECOND
5-6pm==THIRD
6-7pm==FOURTH
7-8pm==FIFTH
8-9pm==6TH
9-10pm==7TH
10-11pm==8TH
11-12pm==9TH
if we did time slots i think it would have to work like this. #1 pick gets first choice of time slots and then it goes in order after that.check above for example
Ethier that or a blessing in disguise, where the winner of the first pick also has to take the first time slot of 8-9 which still isnt that bad.

Malo

Dec 14, 2004
hey guy's i would like to join, but i think you should have a drafting period like 6-12pm, that way guy's who work and stuff, have a chance to come home to make their pick. like give them 2 hours after the guy before them picks. just an idea, but put me down for a team. St. Albert Outlaws

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
I'd like to join as I've never done one of these before mostly because I was always too late. I can be here pretty regularly, I'd like the team name to be in honor of my greatest FHL team ever, in Dan's Fantasy Hockey League...The Toronto Wolverines.

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Malo said:
hey guy's i would like to join, but i think you should have a drafting period like 6-12pm, that way guy's who work and stuff, have a chance to come home to make their pick. like give them 2 hours after the guy before them picks. just an idea, but put me down for a team. St. Albert Outlaws

Agreed.

Corvus Corax

Prospectin
Apr 22, 2005
Northern BC
NJDevils#4 said:
is there a time period each day where everyone could be here or leave me a list if they cant. like i said i would like imput from every person joining so we can make this a good draft and not have ppl cop out half way through

Malo

Dec 14, 2004
i like the draft during the evening hours, that way people have a chance to be home

NJDevils#4

Since 2002, bishes
Jul 11, 2002
New Jersey
Visit site
Yes, I work mostly during the hours before 4 pm...so anytime after would be great, I'm sure there are others in my boat. Also, if you can't make it one night what happens?

Malo

Dec 14, 2004
i like the draft during the evening hours, that way people have a chance to be home

Corvus Corax

Prospectin
Apr 22, 2005
Northern BC
NJDevils#4 said:
Yes, I work mostly during the hours before 4 pm...so anytime after would be great, I'm sure there are others in my boat. Also, if you can't make it one night what happens?
i think the best idea is tha anyone that thinks there is potential for not being around for there pick is to leave me a list of potential wants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad