OT: New Lounge: Hard "H" - Herb Edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Just got my PR for 5k at 35:45.

Props to you army/air force guys for being able to do a mile and a half in 11 minutes that boggles my mind right now :o.

I guess it's because I have to carry an extra 100lbs haha.

Yeah, I'm hovering around 140lbs right now haha... Did 4.4 miles yesterday in 34 minutes, but my legs are jelly... And I've got a playoff final to ref tonight haha...

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Yeah, I'm hovering around 140lbs right now haha... Did 4.4 miles yesterday in 34 minutes, but my legs are jelly... And I've got a playoff final to ref tonight haha...

What's that in mph, like high 6s?

I'd love to be able to run at that clip by the end of the year.

My original goal was to run 5k in 35 by July 1 (Canada Day), but I made that goal 2 weeks ago when my time was ~45:00/5k and now it's already at 35:45/5k so Ill probably surpass that goal quite quickly.

Edit: after doing math in my head it seems like that would be more low 7s right?

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
What's that in mph, like high 6s?

I'd love to be able to run at that clip by the end of the year.

My original goal was to run 5k in 35 by July 1 (Canada Day), but I made that goal 2 weeks ago when my time was ~45:00/5k and now it's already at 35:45/5k so Ill probably surpass that goal quite quickly.

Edit: after doing math in my head it seems like that would be more low 7s right?

Erm, I believe its around mid 7mph. My mile pace was around 7:40 which I was really impressed with, especially as I managed to keep it up all the way through :)

All I'm going to say is, don't stop pushing yourself, keep upping your goal every time you beat it, even if its only 1-2 minutes... Losing motivation can easily stop you trying to get fit...

How often are you running/training?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Im a little late to this but it really pisses me off how the terrorist will get all his hospital bills payed for by the government, while the guy who had legs blown off has to ask for donation because he doesn't have insurance and live the rest of his life missing 2 limbs.

Not to mention the terrorist will have better living conditions than a lot of Americans for the rest of his life living in jail, paid by the people he attacked. The guy gets free food, free living, free everything for the rest of his life and doesn't have to work.

Their system lets the terrorist win.

Last edited:

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Erm, I believe its around mid 7mph.

All I'm going to say is, don't stop pushing yourself, keep upping your goal every time you beat it, even if its only 1-2 minutes... Losing motivation can easily stop you trying to get fit...

How often are you running/training?

5k (3.1 miles) 6x a week and I absolutely love it. It's a part of my daily routine and I feel gross when I don't.

Strength training plan is being devised with the help of my mother (nurse, nutritionist, aerobics instructor) and her/my really cool friend (sports medicine doctor, weightlifting coach of SEVERAL world champions, and TSN Strongman Announcer). Unfortunately, "coaches" can only do so much, it needs to be me that does it, but to be honest I have 0 doubt in myself, the amount of motivation/confidence I have is ridiculous.

I'm honestly a changed person only 58 days into my "journey". Not to get cheesy, but I kind of envision this whole thing like a snowball going down a mountain in one of those video games. At the beginning something small that obstructs you can destroy you, but as you gain momentum your snowball builds up and gets bigger and at that point almost (note me saying almost) nothing can stop you. I have 0 doubts about me failing.

:D

Between my floor mates at Laurentian (led by Silf), the healthy transformation thread in the lounge, this lounge, /r/loseit /r/getmotivated and my family,I have a great supporting cast as well.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
5k (3.1 miles) 6x a week and I absolutely love it. It's a part of my daily routine and I feel gross when I don't.

Strength training plan is being devised with the help of my mother (nurse, nutritionist, aerobics instructor) and her/my really cool friend (sports medicine doctor, weightlifting coach of SEVERAL world champions, and TSN Strongman Announcer). Unfortunately, "coaches" can only do so much, it needs to be me that does it, but to be honest I have 0 doubt in myself, the amount of motivation/confidence I have is ridiculous.

I'm honestly a changed person only 58 days into my "journey". Not to get cheesy, but I kind of envision this whole thing like a snowball going down a mountain in one of those video games. At the beginning something small that obstructs you can destroy you, but as you gain momentum your snowball builds up and gets bigger and at that point almost (note me saying almost) nothing can stop you. I have 0 doubts about me failing.

:D

Between my floor mates at Laurentian (led by Silf), the healthy transformation thread in the lounge, this lounge, /r/loseit /r/getmotivated and my family,I have a great supporting cast as well.

Ahh that's really good mileage however I'd be careful not to overtrain, in the running department at least...

As long as you're motivated, I've got faith in you! You'll be as quick as me in no time ;)

Keep up the enthusiasm buddy, and don't let anyone put you down with their comments!

mat_sens

@mat_sens #lalala
Jan 22, 2007
Ottawa
Im a little late to this but it really pisses me off how the terrorist will get all his hospital bills payed for by the government, while the guy who had legs blown off has to ask for donation because he doesn't have insurance and live the rest of his life missing 2 limbs.

Not to mention the terrorist will have better living conditions than a lot of Americans for the rest of his life living in jail, paid by the people he attacked. The guy gets free food, free living, free everything for the rest of his life and doesn't have to work.

Their system lets the terrorist win.

I agree with the first point, but if people want to see him face justice, he has to survive.

To your 2nd point. Have you been to jail? The terrorist doesn't win. Do you think that getting free crappy food and living in a 8 by 8 cell 23 out of 24 hours of the day is somehow "winning"? For all we know, he can still receive the death penalty although still unclear.

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
So who wants to sponsor me for 200$ and send me off to this?

http://www.ugcniagara.com/

Thanks to my lovely ********** of a roommate who decides a week before May he's not paying his part of rent and moving out I can no longer go and thus ****ing over my teammates last minute!

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Chemmy ‏@felixpotvin 8m
“This is our ****ing city.” - David Ortiz standing on the field with a microphone

Nice Papi! Live on ESPN!

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Benny, you're comment on the justice system makes no sense.

You just painted a picture of jail like it was a holiday. Maybe at a min security establishment, but this guy will have to get kept from the rest of his inmates FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

If he ever mingles with the general pop in the prison I personally guarantee you be is killed VERY quicklyx

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Benny, you're comment on the justice system makes no sense.

You just painted a picture of jail like it was a holiday. Maybe at a min security establishment, but this guy will have to get kept from the rest of his inmates FOR THE REST OF HIS LIFE.

If he ever mingles with the general pop in the prison I personally guarantee you be is killed VERY quicklyx

I was unaware of this. So basically my forget about the 2nd paragraph. :P

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
Had my last men's game of the season, had a nice chat with them all after the game in the bar...

Gonna miss them over the off-season :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad