New Logo and Heritage Jersey

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I would think we would do a white version of our current (or I guess past now??) thirds. I think the Jets will probably do a throwback to their WHA days, as both teams (not franchises, but whatever) originated from there.

SpeedDemon

Apr 13, 2011
Classified
No way. We have some of the best Logo and Uniforms in the league. The heritage Classic Jersey will likely be a white version of our thirds.

seriously???
some of the best??

more like some of the most bland. Along with the Rags, the Isles (but heck can you blame 'em??), Habs, Capitals and maybe even the Kings to name a few. Although LA's current ones are a step up from the early 90's but come' on a baseball diamond on a hockey team jersey?? no way

Nashville and Arizona I'd say are the best uniforms. The Pens are pretty cool too now (though they were horrible a few years back. especially the 3rds).

ZenOil

Fast Twitch Hitch
Sep 23, 2010
Vancouver
url
search

Idlike alberta flag blue with a giant gold Oiler logo with mountain in back and red white flag on shoulders

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
ESPN is currently doing a series on NHL teams 'Vegasized'.

Here's the link.

They haven't done the Oilers yet. Maybe have dice rolling out of the Oil drop letters? Go with the rigger logo and change the derrick to a slot machine paying off?

As for some of the logos posted so far: Boston's is excellent. Ottawa and Philly are good concepts that need a little better photo shop skills. The Sharks and Blues are decent. Buffalo and Carolina are weak arse!

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
It would be kind of nice to switch up our jerseys with a new arena and new beginning. The sun is finally starting to rise.

Oilers10

I hate Dallas Eakins
Dec 4, 2004
It would be kind of nice to switch up our jerseys with a new arena and new beginning. The sun is finally starting to rise.

agree. For people like me that wasn't around in the 80's glory days I just see those jerseys and it makes me cringe.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
agree. For people like me that wasn't around in the 80's glory days I just see those jerseys and it makes me cringe.

New arena, new jerseys, new PA announcer, new team. Hopefully a new DJ too :laugh:.

It's time for the McDavid era to begin.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015

So because you weren't around personally for the reign of one of the greatest teams of all time, we should ditch the legacy?

Millennials, man.

McDraekke

5-14-6-1
Jan 19, 2006
Edmonton
So because you weren't around personally for the reign of one of the greatest teams of all time, we should ditch the legacy?

Millennials, man.

Hell I wasn't watching hockey during the glory years either, but I still love the logo and colours.

That said, if the only reason you are keeping the jersey around is because of the glory years, then I think you are on the far end of the opposite side of the spectrum of the people that want to change because they weren't around for the glory years.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
You keep the colours and logo because those are the colours and logo of the team, regardless of winning or losing. The Toronto Maple Leafs aren't changing their colours because they haven't won a Cup since colour TV was invented.

People need to chill out on this. The Oilers were born Orange and Blue and need to stay that way. Done. End of story.

Changing logo's and colours every 10 years is what the Canucks do. Don't be a Canuck !!

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Changing logos is so "mid-1990s" anyway, I think that fad itself has cooled, being retro/authentic is the new cool.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
Hell I wasn't watching hockey during the glory years either, but I still love the logo and colours.

That said, if the only reason you are keeping the jersey around is because of the glory years, then I think you are on the far end of the opposite side of the spectrum of the people that want to change because they weren't around for the glory years.

Well, my all-time favourite Oilers looks were the copper and blue era ones so I'm no hidebound traditionalist. I think it's a great look that also happens to be associated with a great team.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
You keep the colours and logo because those are the colours and logo of the team, regardless of winning or losing. The Toronto Maple Leafs aren't changing their colours because they haven't won a Cup since colour TV was invented.

People need to chill out on this. The Oilers were born Orange and Blue and need to stay that way. Done. End of story.

Changing logo's and colours every 10 years is what the Canucks do. Don't be a Canuck !!

That's all you gotta say, don't be a Canuck!!!

But they should come out with a third jersey.

Ogopogo*

yeah, I'll get on a sport that's played and watched in 1 country halfway across the world in another hemisphere :laugh:

"iconic" in one country

There's a whole world going on around you, friend. The "I don't know about it so it doesn't exist" argument doesn't work.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
ESPN is currently doing a series on NHL teams 'Vegasized'.

Here's the link.

They haven't done the Oilers yet. Maybe have dice rolling out of the Oil drop letters? Go with the rigger logo and change the derrick to a slot machine paying off?

As for some of the logos posted so far: Boston's is excellent. Ottawa and Philly are good concepts that need a little better photo shop skills. The Sharks and Blues are decent. Buffalo and Carolina are weak arse!

edmonton1.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad