Pre-Game Talk: New Lines ??

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Very curious to hear how the rest of the lines shake out, but it's exciting to know we have a dominant line.

My preference for the other three:

Wilson-Ribiero-Smith
Salomaki-Fisher-Jarnkrok (shut down line)
Watson-Sissons-Hodgson/Arvy

No way we scratch Goose and Nystrom though.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Very curious to hear how the rest of the lines shake out, but it's exciting to know we have a dominant line.

My preference for the other three:

Wilson-Ribiero-Smith
Salomaki-Fisher-Jarnkrok (shut down line)
Watson-Sissons-Hodgson/Arvy

No way we scratch Goose and Nystrom though.

Not sure I want Ribeiro on the 2nd line anymore. Can't stand him.
At least Fish tries, put him at 2C and Ribs on Jarnkrok's wing on the 3rd line.

beardawg

Feb 12, 2015
Washington, DC
Not sure I want Ribeiro on the 2nd line anymore. Can't stand him.
At least Fish tries, put him at 2C and Ribs on Jarnkrok's wing on the 3rd line.

Wilson-Ribeiro-Smith
Fiala-Fisher-Jarnkrok
Nystrom-Gaustad-Watson
Bourque

I think depending on who's playing with who and what the match ups are, Fisher would excel on the 3rd line.

4th is literally there to waste time and I think Goose and Ny do it very well.

Fiala needs to at least be tested. Sissons/Arvidsson are more suited for top 9 but they aren't ready yet. I like Salomaki's game a lot but he's just redundant on the current roster. Could take Nystroms spot after his deal expires

I think a move for a decent top 9 forward by the deadline could be enough

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
-TBH, Forsberg was bad and invisible yesterday. The only time I remember seeing him was the turnover that led to the 2-0 goal. I think he goes to waste in the line with 92 and 18, we can't put all our eggs in the same basket.

-Ribeiro was good yesterday, I liked what I saw.

Right now, I don't get the hate for Wilson. He has been our best forward for few games now. I'd still run with 33-92-18.

Last year 9-63-15 clicked get them together. Put Vesey on that line if he comes here.

Call up Fiala and 3rd Fiala-12-19/Salomaki. We need Fisher to be better.

You all know what I think about the 4th line I'm not going to say it again. Sissons is +7 and 60% at the dot. When is Lavy going to realize all this I hope soon.

Watson and Arvidsson aren't NHL players sent them to MIL.

I just hope we get 57 back as soon as possible.

Thank goodness, Granberg worked.

fiveAMpractice

Oct 19, 2014
-TBH, Forsberg was bad and invisible yesterday. The only time I remember seeing him was the turnover that led to the 2-0 goal. I think he goes to waste in the line with 92 and 18, we can't put all our eggs in the same basket.

-Ribeiro was good yesterday, I liked what I saw.

Right now, I don't get the hate for Wilson. He has been our best forward for few games now. I'd still run with 33-92-18.

Last year 9-63-15 clicked get them together. Put Vesey on that line if he comes here.

Call up Fiala and 3rd Fiala-12-19/Salomaki. We need Fisher to be better.

You all know what I think about the 4th line I'm not going to say it again. Sissons is +7 and 60% at the dot. When is Lavy going to realize all this I hope soon.

Watson and Arvidsson aren't NHL players sent them to MIL.

I just hope we get 57 back as soon as possible.

Thank goodness, Granberg worked.
Good points.
Yes Ribs had a jump in his step. He was trying to make things happen. It's too bad he never had Fillip there on his line because you could see him looking for him. We will need two good lines. Your right about wasting 3 good players together.
You start to force plays.
Two is company , three is a crowd.
The league is full with duo combo's that work. The 3rd good player doesn't get the puck enough. Put the other good player on the next line and create the other good combo. Lavy just doesn't understand duo player chemistry.

Time is slipping .

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think Ribs effort last night proved one thing to me, he's half assing it way too much.

Lavi does get under my skin with his line changes. I know you need to change up things occasionally but 3 different line combos in what seems like every game is getting nuts. If you'll notice last year he didn't seem to do nearly as much of that. He did some when a line got cold, but past that he left things pretty much alone. I think he has been really guilty of overtinkering this season.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
FF9 needs to be bumped down to the 2nd line at best until he figures out how to control the puck. The kid has turned into a turnover machine that leads to too many good chances on the other end and wastes a shift for our #1 line.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
FF9 needs to be bumped down to the 2nd line at best until he figures out how to control the puck. The kid has turned into a turnover machine that leads to too many good chances on the other end and wastes a shift for our #1 line.

Agree with this but my reasoning is that it creates 2 semi dangerous scoring lines that opponents have to watch out for rather than one. If FF9 had been on the 2nd line in Arizona, they would not have been able to shut down the offensive effort as easily. With him on the top line Shut that line down and you shut down Nashville. Same reason why you rarely see Kane and Toews together.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I liked Granberg too. Played physical, simple game. Hard to play against, excellent in front of the net. Needs to move the puck quicker, though.

Okay, the lines I want to see by the end of the year, or as soon as possible:

Wilson-Joey-Neal
Forsberg-Ribeiro-Fiala/Jarnkrok
Vesey-Fisher-Atkinson/Silfverberg
Bourque-Sissons-Salomaki

Defense set

PK:

Sissons-Bourque
Fisher-Jarnkrok

Webs-Josi
Ek-Granny

PP:

Wilson-Joey-Neal
Vesey-Ribs-Fish

Webs-Josi
FF-Ellis

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I liked Granberg too. Played physical, simple game. Hard to play against, excellent in front of the net. Needs to move the puck quicker, though.

Okay, the lines I want to see by the end of the year, or as soon as possible:

Wilson-Joey-Neal
Forsberg-Ribeiro-Fiala/Jarnkrok
Vesey-Fisher-Atkinson/Silfverberg
Bourque-Sissons-Salomaki

Defense set

PK:

Sissons-Bourque
Fisher-Jarnkrok

Webs-Josi
Ek-Granny

PP:

Wilson-Joey-Neal
Vesey-Ribs-Fish

Webs-Josi
FF-Ellis

That's an 80 point team at best for next year. But to each his own.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Maybe Byrd, but I think those are the best players we have in our organization to put on the ice. Right now we have Arvidsson, Ny, Goose, Hodgson and Watson on the roster and none of those players is an NHL'er.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad