Pre-Game Talk: New Lines ??

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Jarnkrok really isn't as bad as people here want to make him out to be. He's just not offensively gifted. Him with forsberg and ribs lets him cover for ribs lackadasical defense. The fact that we finally have enough forward depth to put guys like fisher and smith on the 3rd line is nice to see.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
After time digesting the trade and seeing the preliminary lines I like the fact the offense is spread out.

Johansen-Neal
Forsberg-Ribiero
Fisher-Smith

Wilson is on 1st line could jump start him, or be the end of him.

Jarnkrok to provide the defense for the 2nd line.

Salomaki to line 3 to jump start him.

If it doesn't work go to the PP during ES time.

This trade also leads to Ribiero and Fisher getting better defensive matchups

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Jarnkrok really isn't as bad as people here want to make him out to be. He's just not offensively gifted. Him with forsberg and ribs lets him cover for ribs lackadasical defense. The fact that we finally have enough forward depth to put guys like fisher and smith on the 3rd line is nice to see.

Jarnkrok isn't that bad but if he's playing in a top 6 role he isn't fit for it and that's where he was slotted. Many guys who are in top 6 roles aren't producing but like I said in another post yesterday James Neal went from having Malkin as a center to Calle Jarnkrok. What's the point of acquiring Neal if you're not going to give him someone to feed him the puck. Now Poile has hopefully fixed that part of the equation.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Jarnkrok isn't that bad but if he's playing in a top 6 role he isn't fit for it and that's where he was slotted. Many guys who are in top 6 roles aren't producing but like I said in another post yesterday James Neal went from having Malkin as a center to Calle Jarnkrok. What's the point of acquiring Neal if you're not going to give him someone to feed him the puck. Now Poile has hopefully fixed that part of the equation.

With Johansen now the only move that would improve our top 6 that would still potentially make sense is swapping jarnkrok for fisher but then our 3rd line really is gonna be awful at scoring.

roseyc

Mar 23, 2010

Would you swap Jarnkrok for better than Jackman and Ellis defenceman?

klt2001

Mar 27, 2011
I don't care what the lines look like as long as we start winning games cause losing sucks...lol. We needed a change. Excited for the new addition hope it will get us back on a winning streak.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Hope they put Johansen and Forsberg together. They are both young and can become a lethal duo for Nashville, for many years to come.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007

Yes Jarnkrok is as bad as we say. Offensively hes as much a black hole as Nystrom. And as bad as I hate to say it he will be back on the 3rd line and Smith on the second before the end of the Yotes game tomorrow night. When the dust settles the lines wil shake out.

FF9-RJ-Neal (Smith)
Wilson-Ribs- Neal (Smith)
insert a rookie-Fish-Jarnkrok
Borque-Goose-Nystrom

We all know this but are unwilling to admit it.

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I'll admit it, but it's pretty clear that Lavi is trying to roll three reasonably productive lines. Assuming forward rankings were very clear cut #1-3 by LW - C - RW, you don't necessarily do that by the following:

#1LW - #1C - #1RW
#2LW - #2C - #2RW
#3LW - #3C - #3RW

Some teams do, but most don't. Long way of saying, definitely think Calle is a 3rd line player, but Lavi is looking for the best top 9 based on chemistry and the strengths/shortcomings of each player on the respective lines.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
What a joke! Forsberg moved to 2nd line with Ribeiro! He never clicked with Ribs while him and Neil made a solid duo, this is plain insanity from the coach. Everybody knows the first line should be FF9 - RyJo - Neil, in worst case FF - RyJo - Wilson. Now the 1st line will be ok n the 2nd a waste (as usual with FF and Ribs), instead of 1st line - pure class + a really good 2nd line.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
What a joke! Forsberg moved to 2nd line with Ribeiro! He never clicked with Ribs while him and Neil made a solid duo, this is plain insanity from the coach. Everybody knows the first line should be FF9 - RyJo - Neil, in worst case FF - RyJo - Wilson. Now the 1st line will be ok n the 2nd a waste (as usual with FF and Ribs), instead of 1st line - pure class + a really good 2nd line.

Agreed, perhaps Lavi thinks we as fans could not stand a true NHL 1st line.:help:

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN

We don't have Chris Neil, we have James Neal.

Also, having Neal, Joey and Wilson together gives us a big physical line up front. If you're the other team who do you try to stop and how do you stop them?

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

Like I said on the main board where you also posted this. Tell that to his 63 points last year. Neal was only on that line for half the year and the other half he was with Fisher so you can't blame the 63 points on chemistry with Neal.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Like I said on the main board where you also posted this. Tell that to his 63 points last year. Neal was only on that line for half the year and the other half he was with Fisher so you can't blame the 63 points on chemistry with Neal.

Ok... It's impossible to tell (from you're post) if you think 63 p was a good or a bad thing...?

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015

I also meant that Ribs n Neal make a more dynamic duo than FF - Ribs...

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Ok... It's impossible to tell (from you're post) if you think 63 p was a good or a bad thing...?

63 points for a rookie? How is that a bad thing? You said He and Ribeiro do not click. My response (although I may have worded it badly)....Tell that to his 63 points last year. By that I meant if he and Ribeiro did not click, how in the world did he get 63 points? Are we looking at a 150 point player here because for them not to click that is what you are suggesting with 63 in a rookie year.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015

Also, having Neal, Joey and Wilson together gives us a big physical line up front. If you're the other team who do you try to stop and how do you stop them?

Is Wilson more physical than FF???

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
I do not understand the #63 / #9 not meshing; I generally think Ribeiro has been the best center for Forsberg in the pre-RyJo era.

Post-RyJo, it's literally day 2 / game 1 right now. The lines are going to be extremely fluid for the next 2-3 weeks. Sit back, stop freaking out, and enjoy the ride. Personally, I think #92 / #9 end up together for the long haul, but it's a nice opportunity to see what Willy can do. Frankly, it may be a test to see if he's a viable long-term option or should be part of a deal for someone else down the road.

Is Wilson more physical than FF???

Yes, by a wide margin imo. FF9 is not small, but he plays more of a finesse game.

Last edited:

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN

Aren't you the guy that started a thread in the NHL forum asking whether Forsberg was being wasted on our team since players like Josi and Jones do nothing but dump the puck and steal his creativeness?

Having a little problem worrying about your analysis given that.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN

Especially when they are rolled out in front of Josi and Weber. That's one heck of a five-some on the ice together.

I'd be really disappointed if that line didn't crush it on possession time as I just don't see them being cycled to death by the opposition.

Now, is that the best combination to ensure that all lines contribute? We'll see. The next few games will be very interesting to watch just from a line-combination perspective.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Bottom line Neal produced with Malkin or the Sissy, We have not had that type of a center to play Neal with. Further Neal has been mis-used up and down lines. He is the best wing on this team and yes he is better than FF right now. The key has been stopping Neal and FF if there on the same line or not the other team usually comes out on top. We played Neal on the 2nd with Wilson last year and other than the first 6 or so games when Fish came back Neal was not effective. At the Same time Smith was on the 1st line with FF and that was the worst 29 games of the year Smith had. So yes it matters who these guys are on a line with. And moving them around has played a big part in the not being productive. But this is what Lavi and Poile want 3 equal scoring lines. The problem is the last 65 games none of the three lines have been a NHL scoring line. He need Neal-FF and RY on a line that's a scoring line, then monkey with the almost scorers to figure out if any can be retained or need to be flushed.

Infinite Jest

Apr 26, 2013
Aren't you the guy that started a thread in the NHL forum asking whether Forsberg was being wasted on our team since players like Josi and Jones do nothing but dump the puck and steal his creativeness?

Having a little problem worrying about your analysis given that.

Yep, he is in love with Forsberg. In his mind, Forsberg RIGHT NOW has the ability to be a PPG+ superstar in the NHL, but the Preds are holding him back.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Yep, he is in love with Forsberg. In his mind, Forsberg RIGHT NOW has the ability to be a PPG+ superstar in the NHL, but the Preds are holding him back.

Not any longer since they got a legit. 1# center now... :popcorn:
Just kidding, just pathetic trying to start some kinda mob cause you've a different opinion. Almost everybody on this thread projected FF - RyJo - Neal before the new word was spread... Just sayn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad