GDT: New Jersey Devils VS. Calgary Flames / 7:30 PM EST / MSG & SNW / PAYBACK EDITION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
Most of the elite goalies are able to push across and make a save once in a while on the backdoor. What does Schneider do? Beat the majority of the time. I couldn't tell you the last time he was able to make a save cutting across the crease.

What a disaster of a team in OT.

If you honestly think a goalie saves that shot you're even dumber than I thought, which is amazing

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Hmm I believe most this board ridiculed me for saying Severson isn't good defensively and needs to improve significantly in that area.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
He still sucks and looks like he doesn't know what he's doing half the time.

Extend him and guarantee we miss the playoffs for as long as he's here.

As much as I couldn't stand DeBoer towards the end, this coach is not good.

Even the DeBoer supporting Devils fans that I'm good friends with are not pro-Hynes in the least bit. They disagreed with me on DeBoer, but also lost Hynes before I even did.

He sucks since you find a way to pin the blame on him every single time no matter what he does.

This game was far from his fault. "Doesn't know what he's doing half the time" according to you. That's your personal opinion, but don't pass it off as a fact.

Not Hynes fault Severson made two poor plays defensively that led to goals 3 and 4.

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Another game in which Schneider allows 4 goals and saves under 90% of his saves. This is an alarming problem. Usually more shots = higher save percentage.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Another game in which Schneider allows 4 goals and saves under 90% of his saves. This is an alarming problem. Usually more shots = higher save percentage.

It's all the defenses fault. We expect too much out of a supposed top 5 goalie.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
some of you are funny

at least Zacha keeps improving, by far the best part about this season and a vital part of our future.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
They needed to win this game, because they sure as hell are going to have a hard time against the Jackets.

Severson really ****ed up bad two times tonight and both times lead to a goal.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Yeah let's ***** about the goalie when his defensemen got completely lost and left a guy wide open on the back door.

Cory hasn't been his usual self this year, but the constant *****ing about every other goal he gives up is ****ing tiresome.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Yeah let's ***** about the goalie when his defensemen got completely lost and left a guy wide open on the back door.

Cory hasn't been his usual self this year, but the constant *****ing about every other goal he gives up is ****ing tiresome.

And the constant excuses are even more pathetic.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
I'm done with Severson. Only time he should touch the ice is with a 2 goal lead. The rest of the time keep him in the dressing room away from the ice so no coach is tempted to put him on. He needs to learn defence. It's his position. Stop pinching. Stop coasting. Just stop. This isnt an over reaction to this game. I've been down on him all year. How many losses can be attributed to him this year. 4 now? That's a playoff spot.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
And the constant excuses are even more pathetic.

It's just, there are excuses and then there's defending him on a goal that 99% of the time goes in on most if not all goalies in the league. That 1% is a mixture of luck and the shooting player messing up. Of all the things to complain about in his game that goal is not one of them and I'm very confused as to how you think otherwise.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007

lol I'm more than ready to rip Cory for a poor season but nothing tonight was his fault. Sometimes it actually IS the D's fault, that's not an excuse, that's fact.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
It's just, there are excuses and then there's defending him on a goal that 99% of the time goes in on most if not all goalies in the league. That 1% is a mixture of luck and the shooting player messing up. Of all the things to complain about in his game that goal is not one of them and I'm very confused as to how you think otherwise.

The problem is he is almost always getting beat on the backdoor. This year he has sucked at reading the play and then boom, cross crease pass and he is beat. It's just annoying how he is touted as a top goalie in the league (and he is) and this year has looked horrible to average more than he has looked like the elite goalie he is known to be. He gets beat entirely way to much with cross creases. Hell, Schneider just admitted he missed the guy on the backdoor. Which is seemingly an issue he has had happen way too much this year.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He sucks since you find a way to pin the blame on him every single time no matter what he does.

This game was far from his fault. "Doesn't know what he's doing half the time" according to you. That's your personal opinion, but don't pass it off as a fact.

Not Hynes fault Severson made two poor plays defensively that led to goals 3 and 4.

It's not fact that he's a good coach either.

Which is passed off as fact around here by his supporters.

Like I said, I'm still not for firing him. If we don't improve next year, time to hit the trails. I think it might be time for Ward and Nas to hit the trails after this season though.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't think Cory played poor tonight, maybe goal 2 but a guy's ass was in his face.

He was putrid last game though, yet played better on paper. I think every goal he allowed last game was stoppable. Probably none were tonight.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
The problem is he is almost always getting beat on the backdoor. This year he has sucked at reading the play and then boom, cross crease pass and he is beat. It's just annoying how he is touted as a top goalie in the league (and he is) and this year has looked horrible to average more than he has looked like the elite goalie he is known to be. He gets beat entirely way to much with cross creases. Hell, Schneider just admitted he missed the guy on the backdoor. Which is seemingly an issue he has had happen way too much this year.

He didn't miss the guy on the backdoor though... He's just not cheating and that was a rocket of a shot that beat him. If he cheats then whoever that Flames player is would read it and just beat him clean, then we'd have posts saying how much of a soft goal that was and how Schneider's positioning is terrible. That's a play you need and should expect the team in front of him to prevent, they didn't. It's not his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad