GDT: New Jersey Devils Pre-season 2013/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Guess we can't make fun of the Rangers for losing to Albany since we're getting our tails kicked in by Bridgeport.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That was Boulton? Marty shouldn't have had to make that save, he was hung out to dry there. It still did just squeak by him.

3 of the 4 goals have been bad from Marty. He's been hot garbage tonight, but so has the rest of the team. If Boulton gets a breakaway then the team is doing something very wrong.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
NYI has 4 goals on 8 shots with 2 SHGs. This has more to do with NJ sucking than NYI playing well. I hope Wedgewood gets the 2nd and 3rd.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
While Merrill has shown some good puck skills, being on for two shorties hardly looks good.

Brunner is also -3 in his first 20 minutes of play, ouch.

Those shorties were both generated because of Zidlicky.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
That was Boulton? Marty shouldn't have had to make that save, he was hung out to dry there. It still did just squeak by him.

3 of the 4 goals have been bad from Marty. He's been hot garbage tonight, but so has the rest of the team. If Boulton gets a breakaway then the team is doing something very wrong.

Well in their defense the only reason it was a breakaway is that they did not play the power play correctly. Someone has to pick that man up no matter who it is.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
lmao four goals against in the first period...poor Marty.

There are no rules that say he isn't allowed to stop some. Basically 3 short handed goals against Bad turnovers at blue line.

The obvious thing I took from that period is that gelinas is the best pp point man on this team. Guy controls the play up top good to see. So far from what I have seen in two games is good luck keeping this guy off the team.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Boulton is the worst player in the league. Barely even AHL caliber. How the hell does he get a breakaway? In the year 2013? Even if it's just a preseason game? He literally was the worst player we've had in years when he played for us two years ago.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
All the vets look terrible.

Gelinas looks the best on d

and Olesz looks awesome.

I know it's preseason, but I'm kind of disgusted.
Edit: And although not every goal was marty's fault, I don't know the justification for playing him back to back right off the start of the season.

Czech Trio

Aug 29, 2009
Why Barch-Josefson-Boucher? You have Barch in the box half the period and he makes that line a 2 man offensive line. Can we give Boucher a better chance!

Kensu

Nov 1, 2011
New York City
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 1m
Clowe got hit by Dalhuisen 1:10 into game in Isles end and got up slowly. Played two shifts after that and did not return.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
So we've had 3 shorties against tonight? Or just 2?

Boulton plays the PK? WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad