Rumor: New Jersey Devils front runners for Johnny Gaudreau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
If it’s taken this long, has to be Philly.

At the very least there was certainly no reason to sign early and not give them a chance to get the money fixed if that's where he really wants to play. At some point the Devils / Isles will no doubt say "take it or leave it", but until they are forcing his hand to sign, take your time

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
There has been multiple reports that Philly has said they are out . Plus they made two boneheaded moves today and burnt up even more cap space ??? It’s Lou driving up the price and back and forth between Islanders and Devils

Reactions: yzerman

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
There has been multiple reports that Philly has said they are out . Plus they made two boneheaded moves today and burnt up even more cap space ??? It’s Lou driving up the price and back and forth between Islanders and Devils

If you take rumors at face value NJ has a 7 year deal north of 10M a year while the Islanders offer is under 10M

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Gaudreau has no reason to hurry. If he wants an offer from Philly but they are trying to clear some cap space, he can wait. He's the #1 UFA, it's not like he's gonna miss out completely if he waits a day or two

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Cap could be tight, but Johnny and Laine would be a dangerous duo...

In that scenario, I'm curious whether or not Laine sticks around. Bob hinted at a Laine trade earlier today as well. I imagine that if he's not signing long term, Columbus will look ot move him.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
He's given Philly every chance to do something. I think they're going to run out of time.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Gaudreau has no reason to hurry. If he wants an offer from Philly but they are trying to clear some cap space, he can wait. He's the #1 UFA, it's not like he's gonna miss out completely if he waits a day or two

I dunno it kinda hurt Hall a few years ago

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
In that scenario, I'm curious whether or not Laine sticks around. Bob hinted at a Laine trade earlier today as well. I imagine that if he's not signing long term, Columbus will look ot move him.
Jarmo has said both sides want a long term deal. It's not a matter of Laine wanting to be there, it's if Jarmo has a potential deal that's too good to pass up for Laine.

My only hesitation is are we able to afford both.

Reactions: Forge

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
If they are trying to clear cap space for him, why are they signing steaming piles of shit for a few million?

They can more or less still make it happen in two moves- JvR out (with assets of course) plus one of Ellis or Provorov:

Gaudreau ($10.5M)-Couts-Atkinson
Farabee-Hayes-Konecny
Cates-Laughton-Brink
Deslauriers-Frost ($1M)-Tippett ($1M)
Ratcliffe ($1M), Brown

Sanheim-Risto
Ellis/Provorov-DeAngelo
York-Attard
Seeler

Hart
UFA ($2M)

If it's Provorov they'd get positive assets back to then dump JvR, so it's certainly doable.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If I am Lou I pick up the phone and call Chicago, St Louis and Vancouver and ask them how much to trade for Kane, Tarasenko and Miller, assuming we can sign extensions with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad